The Chaos Gateway

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Gantz

The Chaos Gateway

#1 Post by Gantz »

Hi everyone I've slowly been working on a visual novel in my spare time I've got most of the editing tool I've created finished and soon my development will be speeding up a lot more. I think the tool I've created is good, it will be exporting into lua and I've written a few different shaders that I'll easily be able to turn on/off on any image that's on screen.

The game itself is the first in (hopefully) a long series. The first episode is about a group of people who are stuck inside a large bunker installation. After the surface becomes dangerous there is an automated lock down of the bunker. The people inside now must find a way to get out and back to the surface to find their friends and family however there are a lot of things and people in their way.

There are currently two announced characters, please take a look at the website for more information on them and the game itself.

http://www.chaos-gateway.co.uk

I'm going to keep the site as updated as possible with new details. I'll also be looking for voice actors in the near future.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have and thanks.

P.S I hadn't seen this forum before nor did I know anything about the Ren'ai tool until today. Since my tool is almost complete I think I'll stick with it and carry on using that.

M12
Veteran

Re: The Chaos Gateway

#2 Post by M12 »

You've got an impressive animated background going on! The character shading looks brilliant, too. Personally, I prefer anime-styled, but hey, that's just me.

An episodic series, huh? I look forward to it.

Gantz

#3 Post by Gantz »

Thought you guys might want to see the first screen. You can also see a character not yet announced on the website :)

The background is placeholder for now.

I'm also looking for voice actors and people to make music (I did have someone to do the songs but that fell through :() seeing how easy / hard it is to find voice actors will help me decide how many characters/the gender of the other characters. I'd like to find two people, one male and one female to help me do voices for a short in game movie clip about 2 - 3 mins in length to add to my website I have a nice flash movie player that is sitting around doing nothing :P (hopefully I can call on you again when I have the full script).

If you'd like to apply please upload a sound clip of you saying the lines from the above screen shot to rapidshare.com and either leave the link here or send it to me through the form on my website. I purposely picked some lines that could easily end up sounding cheesy so do your best ;)

Thanks in advance guys

Gantz

#4 Post by Gantz »

Updated the website http://www.chaos-gateway.co.uk to show a new character. I'm also looking for people who are interested in creating music or sounds for the game as well as general feedback about what you guys think of the small amount of the story and character background stories that I've given out.

Thanks in advance

N0UGHTS
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by N0UGHTS »

The character designs are amazing, even though I'm a bit bothered by the fact that Michael looks like his has pinkish whites of his eyes... Michael's hair. I could stare at his hair forever.

I'm a bit biased being a sci-fi lover, but the plot's got me interested. Why, what, who, where, when... City? What's it like? Why are they all in a bunker, exactly? But don't tell me! I'll find out myself.

The text box and the font could be a bit more... stimulating, though.
World Community Grid
"Thanksgiving is a day for Americans to remember that family is what really matters.
"The day after Thanksgiving is when Americans forget that and go shopping." —Jon Stewart
Thank you for playing Alter Ego. You have died.

Tsuki-chan
Regular
Projects: How to Be a Successful Villain

#6 Post by Tsuki-chan »

The character artwork is amazing, though I do agree with the person above me: the text is a bit boring, and it wouldn't hurt to do a bit more with the textbox.

Also, beta-reading goes a long way.

Gantz

#7 Post by Gantz »

Thanks for the replies guys, if you're talking about the text on this page that was purposely bad to see how the prospective voice actors would handle it. If you're talking about text on the site I have no excuses :D.

Also any suggestions on how I can improve the font and textbox at all?

Thanks in advance :)

Gantz

#8 Post by Gantz »

Here's an update...looking for voice actors to do some small dialogs (About a minute long)

Here's some of the latest screenshots

Male or female voice actors wanted, if you're interested please either reply here or pm me

Cheers.

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#9 Post by cloudyssky »

The screens are amazing. The drawing of the...whatever that is...taking off his skin is just simply amazing. And the text window is very well done, and fits this eerie feeling of the game I get just by looking at the screen shots.

As for voice acting, I'm more than up for it. I'd love to help out. However, it seems your voice cast should have an older set of voices, and mine is a little on the young and high pitched side (I'm male, for the record).
But if you can use that, I can surely send you voice clips of me speaking lines of text you'd like me to read.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

Gantz

#10 Post by Gantz »

Thank you, it's been a very long road to get it to that state. If you're still interested my msn is hope to hear from you soon.
Last edited by Gantz on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#11 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Who... coded... your... website?! I am in absolute awe of its UI. O_O

Anyways, about the idea, it seems pretty interesting. And the art is very well-done. So you coded the engine the game will run on yourself? Have you thought about what it will take to port it to other consoles such as Linux or Mac? I'd hate to see other platforms ignored, and thus depriving potential audiences of what looks to be a very intriguing game.
Live Life Heroically

LinWest
Regular
Projects: Painted Walls, Pyrexia, & a secret

#12 Post by LinWest »

Gantz wrote: Image
Rorschach? Is that you?
Lin West @Deviant Art

Working on:

Gantz

#13 Post by Gantz »

AllegroDiRossi wrote:Who... coded... your... website?! I am in absolute awe of its UI. O_O

Anyways, about the idea, it seems pretty interesting. And the art is very well-done. So you coded the engine the game will run on yourself? Have you thought about what it will take to port it to other consoles such as Linux or Mac? I'd hate to see other platforms ignored, and thus depriving potential audiences of what looks to be a very intriguing game.
Hey, the website is a template I bought from flashden.net. I originally had my own engine but I decided to use XNA my target platform is xbox live indie games.

I have aspirations of porting it to IPad/IPhone after I finish with the xbox release. I'd have a working pc version as well since xna does both pc and xbox. Other than that I have no plans as to what to do with it.

Gantz

#14 Post by Gantz »

Some new screenshots. Any feedback would be great. It shows one of the mini games, there are currently 3 minigames, two with levels of progression, but there should be more than that by release. I took note and changed the text box ect as well.

I would like 2-3 people to test a small demo version and write up some feedback for me before I release an offical demo if you're interested please contact me.

Thanks