The Case of the missing Bracelet redone!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

Re: The Case of the missing Bracelet redone!

#16 Post by Jo'ogn »

Marcelo_Orlando wrote:This was only the demo lol this isn't the full version,
I noticed that in the "About", but as you posted it under "completed games" I thought you might have forgotten to change the about text.

In fact you inspired the thought process in me, how I would turn such a story into a mystery. If you would make several cases/games, I would even stay in the same school, using the same characters, because it would allow the player to getting to know the characters better. You could use back references, revealing more details from game to game. Even offering to play as a girl in another mystery. When you start investigating, ppl could ask , why Ichigo isn't "on the case"... I also had the idea of bribing the other boy with girl's underwear to help you ~q:

I prefer interactivty over "read'n'click" VN's. I would play a decent mystery. This is why I looked at your demo to begin with. And I would not ask myself, if it's "worth" doing it. As long as you don't do it nobody will be able to play it. I uploaded a lot of my music and never got a single email, or comment that anybody listened to it. That does not keep me from making my music, because this is what I enjoy doing.
Yes, this is what I meant to say. Hitting on a girl should not keep you from solving a case. It rather should open a secondary dating plot =D So you might end up in the room of your date and find more clues there. Use your flirt skills to get more clues
Last edited by Jo'ogn on Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

ashogo

#17 Post by ashogo »

Jo'ogn wrote:
Yes, this is what I meant to say. Hitting on a girl should not keep you from solving a case. It rather should open a secondary dating plot =D So you might end up in the room of your date and find more clues there. Use your flirt skills to get more clues!

And the way you programmed your demo I spotted only ONE good end!
~ Offer Nanako help
~ investigate lockers
~ ask about Natsuki
well, there are technically 2, based on whether or not you ask Nanako for a reward or help freely at the beginning of the game.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying about more investigation and less linear paths, but it's his first ren'py project and programing something complex like that could be extremely hard. There's a limit to how much freedom you can have in a small game like this, esp. when you're working alone.
So yea Marcello, if you're still working on your full mystery game I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. If it's good enough, people will definitely play it-you just gotta get their attention.

Jo'ogn
Veteran

#18 Post by Jo'ogn »

ashogo: well, there are technically 2, based on whether or not you ask Nanako for a reward or help freely at the beginning of the game.
Ah, right. I spotted it!
ashogo wrote:it's his first ren'py project and programing something complex like that could be extremely hard. There's a limit to how much freedom you can have in a small game like this, esp. when you're working alone.
It's not really that hard. I am working alone, too. And it's not so much a question of Ren'Py first time, but of programming experience in general. I'd be willing to help in this respect.

Pytom has offered some tooltip code recently. This could be used for a "point and click" adventure like investigation! E.g. going to the lockers and placing a clue into the image! Say a hair clip. Moving the mouse over it would reveal information. This sounds like fun to me and would be a different usage of the ren'py engine, too.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran
Completed: Case of the missing bracelet, Case of the mysterious stalker
Projects: Horror/fantasy
Organization: Kaboyashi Square

#19 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

You guys are awesome lol,yea I'm still working on the full version and I do plan to finish it!
and I could use some new music for it as well so if anyone knows of any good tunes or wouldn't mind me using some of theirs let me know. I'm also looking into a more custom menu so if you have any ideas throw them this way.

Jo'ogn, those are good ideas, and I'll throw you something for it. In the full version you won't be investigating alone, there will be a girl investigating with you (one not seen in the demo) she's smart and very perceptive as are you. She's there so you two can work together and bounce ideas off each other, you both together and sometimes a part will investigate things then come together to sort through it but it will be up to you to choose which or what to explore. Seiji will be there but I can't say if he'll be of any help lol, but yea the game will be at the same school with the same characters with new faces and such. As far as hitting on the girls, another reason I did it that way in the demo was to get you to keep your head in the game, there's nothing wrong with chatting up the ladies but if it comes at the expense of finding clues then maybe you shouldn't. Think about it, you attend the same school as the girls, so you'll have more time to chat with them so maybe it's best to wait a bit right? Just throwing out hints to help you when you play the full version lol

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#20 Post by PyTom »

Hm... should this thread be moved to Works in Progress, then? That's the usual place for incomplete games.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Jo'ogn
Veteran

#21 Post by Jo'ogn »

PyTom wrote:Hm... should this thread be moved to Works in Progress, then?
I guess, it's a bit misleading to find a pre-demo under "completed games".
Marcelo_Orlando wrote:I could use some new music for it as well
I found the music kind of misplaced and loud at times. But that's because you kind of threw in the music you had, or so it seems. You also didn't use any fade ins and outs to make the transistions smoother.

I am more a fan of voice acting and ambient sounds. Check the forum. Some ppl here make music. So do I, but I am lazy if it comes to making music for others =D

This being said I shall go back to work on "White Feathers" Ep2 now ^_^

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran

#22 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

ick,,sorry bout that pytom I'll take care of it. :shock:

yellowleaf

#23 Post by yellowleaf »

I got good ending 2 the first time round. I like mystery stuff. ^^ A bit easy though.

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran

#24 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

Thank you for playing and I am glad that you enjoyed it! I've been away for a while but now I'm back and ready for the next project! :twisted: