NaNoRenO is underway!!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
PixelWrangler
Regular

#181 Post by PixelWrangler »

Megaman Z wrote:SlackORenO? SitORenO? SomethingWeHaventComeUpWithORenO? (I know, I'm being rediculous. I'll shut up now, ok?)
I like "SlackORenO". Though, to truly capture the spirit, perhaps just plain "RenO"? :)

Or there's always the accurate but verbose:
"TheClockIsCountingUpSoMaybeThereIsStillAContestGoingOnWith
UnlimitedTimeToFinishARenaiGameProjectWowThisNameIsWayTooLongAnd
ShouldBeShortenedNahItShouldBeFineTheWayItIsORenO"

:shock: :roll: - "Now that's just plain silly"

P.W. (ORenO)
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

darkknight
Veteran

#182 Post by darkknight »

after months or research and years of calculations i have came to a conclusion that the clock thing is in negative numbers...
so i have -12 hours to make a game...
evrybody most-likely already knows this....
make it end...
stop the rambling....
I just saw that it is April 1'st and i have to work... that sucks...I swear if a customer makes a stupid joke I will hurt someone...
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#183 Post by rioka »

Hey, it's gone! No more haunting Death Clock! 8)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#184 Post by PyTom »

eclipse wrote:Hey, it's gone! No more haunting Death Clock! 8)
I would have thought that when the clock was counting up, it meant that the pressure is getting increasingly less. But it's going on a well-deserved vacation, until the next time a -Mo comes around.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

PixelWrangler
Regular

#185 Post by PixelWrangler »

eclipse wrote:Hey, it's gone! No more haunting Death Clock! 8)
Ah, great... you've gone and inspired me again... :D

"Behold the passing of the death clock.
It fades into the mists of time like a wandering spectre lost among the shadows of the living.
Its tick-tock sound echoes across the milennia, bathed in the dark glow of a thousand blinded eyes.
Its mission is forever evolving, never ending, its purpose not of this or any other world.
For it exists only in the minds of the true believers... a symbol of the slow march of the universe towards its very extinction.
And the Master Timekeeper, his flowing white hair billowing throughout the ages, stretches a steady, withered, graceful arm towards the death clock, his sunken, craggy eyes piercing the very fabric of time itself...
...and, with a single blink...
...the clock is no more."

-= From "Chronos of the Ages, New Edition, Chapter 332, Verse 42" =-
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

Albie

#186 Post by Albie »

Hello, my friends...

Well, if you don't mind, I will act like a college student with a due paper whose deadline has already passed: I will ignore it, will try to finish it and when I finish my game, I will try to negotiate my "grade" with you "teacher" :D

Actually I was going to finish it this weekend, but an accident in RL has taken away the use of my left index finger... I will spare you of the bloody and gory details, suffice to say that my typing now is 100x slower... And probably will be like so for one week...

I will probably try to reach an April 15th delayed fingerline... I mean, delayed deadline... Seems that this damned finger gets in my thougths all the time...

Regards,

Albie

darkknight
Veteran

#187 Post by darkknight »

Ummm...I for one dont mind....do you really have a paper due or is that the game?What will you delay till the game is made???...What happend to your finger????....April 18th deadline for what...the paper or game????

-I am lost but yet I dont mind...take as long as you want...good luck I think.
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#188 Post by chronoluminaire »

Eek, sounds painful!

Well, young Albie, I suppose that can excuse you for the moment. But *wags finger sternly* you'd better have it handed in by the new deadline, do you hear? Then perhaps we can negotiate a grade based on its quality taking into account the new deadline, and also the Senior Proctor's statute number 35 c, which was introduced only thirty years ago at this institution so you have it much better than when I was a student and we... *trails off, muttering*

Gloranor
Regular

#189 Post by Gloranor »

*ouch* :(
Good luck with your new deadline, and good recovery.

@darkknight
With 99.9~ propability he ment the game with that "paper"-remark, the April the 15th deadline is for the game.

darkknight
Veteran

#190 Post by darkknight »

But then he goes on to say that the paper will be ignored until after the game so...

Gloranor
Regular

#191 Post by Gloranor »

"it" refered to the deadline... ;-)

Albie

#192 Post by Albie »

Ehehe... Too many "it"s... That's because typing is difficult, now I will prefer smaller words...

I will ignore the April 1st deadline, and will try to finish the game by mid-April...

By the way, thanks, professor Luminaire and ... hey!... he is already gone and let me talking alone... :D

darkknight
Veteran

#193 Post by darkknight »

YAAAAAAAAAA i am not lost anymore

Hopefully you can finish it and put it on this so they can enjoy it.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#194 Post by chronoluminaire »

This seems as good a topic as any to ask how Grey's game is going? We're still eager to see it, you know! Also P.W. and Albie, who mentioned ongoing games a while ago... How're they going?

Grey
Veteran

#195 Post by Grey »

Grey is finalising :D

I've been testing all the paths and endings over the last few days, finishing off the Omake today, and then it will just be down to tweaking and testing the last few things.

Expect a release tomorrow or the next day :)