Novacoh

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Kitouski
Projects: Me and My Shadow

Novacoh

#1 Post by Kitouski »

Well, this is my second project with Ren'py. I quit on my first because it was a story I had in writing that I wanted to bring into a visual novel format. The story was extremely large, and being the person that I am, wanting custom everything, everything perfect, and something that would end up being a 20+ hour game if I produced what I envisioned, I got super discouraged and figured this wasn't a good first project xP

So now I'm trying something new, Novacoh. I'm not 100% sure how I came up with the name, it was a while ago when I did while I was still writing this on paper xD I was never able to pinpoint a paticular genre on this, a dose of romance, a dash of action, a hint of humor, a pinch of Sci-fi, a whole lot of everything. xD The story centers around a kid named Marvrick who lives with a grouchy friend of his while he lives out an average school life. Besides his unordinary tendency to take midnight walks and blackmailing his friend Nikolai into buying him lunch, Marvrick has an ability, a power that allows him to turn any existing matter and change it into anything else, water to wine, crap to gold, as long as there isn't a mass gain or loss. The problem with this ability is that it requires an energy for this to happen, his lifespan, and the more he uses this ability, the shorter his life gets. With a cursed ability, a dreaded path, and a girl saved from the brink of death, he finds his life more than ordinary

That's a pretty short and broken introduction, lol, I wish I could come up with more but at the moment I'm pulling a brain fart as well as I don't like giving spoilers away for the people who download random short novels because they spark an interest (me alot of the time). Cliche, I know, but I'm hoping to work around that and make this I can be proud of. Hopefully I don't discouraged making this one like the last one, this definitely won't be as large as my last failed project, but I could never settle with small, incomplete or something that isn't customized to my liking xD

I'm also looking to recruit someone for making button images for the game and date display images. So far this is a two-man project (me and an artist) and she's not exactly a photoshop pro. xD
"Hermits have no peer pressure." - Steven Wright

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Novacoh

#2 Post by monele »

"intriguing" is the word that comes to mind :). With such a powerful power, yet such a dreadful use condition, there has to be something fun to be done ^.^

Magedark
Regular
Projects: The 4Koma Visual Novel Thingy

#3 Post by Magedark »

Nikolai...Sounds familiar lol. I would have to agree with Minole on this one. I however do wonder how you are going to implement the use of his powers in the story, so I hope you persevere!

Kitouski
Projects: Me and My Shadow

#4 Post by Kitouski »

Hehe, thanks, it means alot xD

I've got the story fully on paper now. I finished writing day one. It looks like I'm going to write something about twelve days long with three full routes. Wow, how vague can I get. xD I can give more exact progress when I'm done sorting out how this is all going to go down, considering going from paper story to a dynamic novel xD
"Hermits have no peer pressure." - Steven Wright