WE NEED MORE LIGHT AND FLUFFY STUFF!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Re: WE NEED MORE LIGHT AND FLUFFY STUFF!

#61 Post by sake-bento »

I'll partner with any artist who is interested. XD

My circle is actually working on a cute story now (but it might not be done for awhile), but if an artist has characters who are begging to be used in something adorable, I'm willing to contribute.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#62 Post by Samu-kun »

Hey, speaking of which, I happen to have a pair of cute portraits free for anyone to use. Even though I'm too busy to participate, I'll let anyone use them if they want to.

I'll also try to hunt down the photoshop files for these pictures with layers intact and all.
Attachments
jecopyrx3.png
abigailty0.png

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#63 Post by Samu-kun »

Ouch, I can't find those photoshop files afterall... Maybe they're on my other PC... (Will go search when he has the chance)

Ellie
Regular

#64 Post by Ellie »

Still thinking to maybe make a few more...But here's a few of a little boy, and one of a girl...xD
Anyone who wants to use these two can, some more may be on the way soon~
Enjoy~(You can also edit them as you see fit...x__X I don't mind)
I have the .pdf files if anyone needs them, let me know.
Attachments
youngkrow.jpg
Because singing is fun:
Snow Storm (English)

Fandubbing can also be fun:
Shugo Chara Clip

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#65 Post by Megaman Z »

musical74 wrote:(musical74 watches Mina bouncing around, practicing being a friend to pretty much everyone, and generally hoping someone can use her in the light and fluffy game)

musical74: um, Mina, there's no garuntee that Angelic Carrot or Sake Bento or Dave the Twisted or MegaMan Z will use you in one of their

Mina: (cutting him off agaun) They have to!!! I'm so adorable and cute!! And I can be as light and fluffy as a faerie or a dryad or a slyph!! I'll even accept a bit role!!

(musical wonders why he has the ONE very anti-cliche vampiress, heck if you didn't see her fangs you would never guess she was a vampiress...way too bubbly and friendly!)
<o.o>

Please tell me she's like Karin, Please tell me she's like Karin, Please tell me she's like Karin...

also...
musical74: um, Mina, there's no garuntee that [...]MegaMan Z will use you in one of their [games]
uh, I'm just the editor. <o.o>;;
~Kitsune Zeta

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#66 Post by monele »

She sounds a lot like Karin at least ^^;

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#67 Post by KomiTsuku »

Sigh... v.v Had to give up on the vampiric catgirl. Settled on a energetic, bubbly homicidal angel schoolgirl instead. ;_; This schedule is killing my ability to add moe elements into my projects and have it make sense. >.<

Evil moe FTW!!!

*Goes back to watching the other projects*

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#68 Post by AngelicCarrot »

I was trying to re-make my original game Be My Master, but it kinda failed... I still have the sprites though so if anyone wants to use them please ask :3

Also... Vampire+catgirl sounds like a little too much at once. O__o I mean they already have cat fangs, being a catgirl, and cats don't suck blood on a regular basis. Its like combining an elephant with a dinosaur...
Not to mention vampires are kind of overused nowadays, hint hint.
Anyhoo, I've attached some examples. Not my best work cause I had to use a laptop pad. (I have a tablet now though, so my future work will be better)
Attachments
ss1.png
sd2.png
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#69 Post by sake-bento »

So so so so sooo many of these are so cute. D: I can't decide which one I like. @___@ ::draws lots::

Um, Samu-kun, if you could find the .PSDs for Abigail, I'd like to use her? Or if you at least a couple expressions for her, that would help. ^_^;;

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#70 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Hmm, the main idea is that this is supposed to be a multi-game release based off cute stuff, right? Maybe we should have a more detailed theme than just cute, like a story element that should be used...

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#71 Post by musical74 »

OK I have to admit I'm not sure who Karin is so I miss the reference there...

Mina is based loosely on a character in a book I'm working on writing. The character in the book is that she is friendly - almost to a fault - very happy, very *bubbly* and always tries to stay happy. She's also somewhat of a ying/yang with the main character of the story, who is brooding and serious - and yet they are great friends!

Mina: Who's Karin?? Can I be friends with her? Will she like me?? Do we have things in common? I love meeting new people!!
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#72 Post by Megaman Z »

Karin Maaka is the main character of the manga/anime Karin (see the TV Tropes page on it - mild spoilers, but very useful information).

basically, she's a friendly (albeit shy) female reverse vampire that gets nosebleeds if she can't find a person to inject her excess blood into. I like her. <^-^>
~Kitsune Zeta

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#73 Post by AngelicCarrot »

What about the theme though? So we could narrow it down if people are having a hard time coming up with a story?

...I am so sick of vampire hype. It makes me want to puke on someone.

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#74 Post by akemicchi »

Ehm. Well, I've already started working on mine... I have pretty much all of it planned out already, so I really don't want to have more of a common theme than 'cute' because I might have to rework everything. But if we are going to have one, I only request that it won't be anything too constricting or too major, like for it to have a certain type of character or something... :3

Question: The current theme we've decided is 'Cute', right? Is 'Lighthearted' also one of the themes we have to incorporate with the story? 8D

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#75 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Oh yeah ^^;; Not too constraining of course. I was suggesting for the people who are having trouble sketching up ideas :3

I'd really really love to work on a magical girl RPG, I've been dreaming about one for a long time but unfortunately I can't code for crud. =3= I have lots of basic ideas for them too. I'd really just like to do the art though. xDD;