Resources

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
bookie
Veteran

#16 Post by bookie »

I just found this site, so I don't know how helpful it is, but it seems to have a lot of free soundwaves.

http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/

dales

#17 Post by dales »

LiveMaker is the authoring tool in order to develop the game. The adventure game and the novel game, visual it is possible to produce with environment. It's free now. Only problem: it's Japanese :)

http://www.livemaker.net

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#18 Post by Kikered »

eclipse wrote:Melody Assistant - Music writing, printing, rendering software
The shareware version of the program is dandy and all, but there are some restrictions on what you can do if you don't purchase a license for $20 USD. Much to the chagrin of cheapskates like myself, the biggest one is that only the first 17-19 seconds of your composition will actually be exported to an audio file. :evil:
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#19 Post by Megaman Z »

*looks at livemaker*

hmm... I can't really make heads or tails of some of that stuff, but it seems to be a decently written engine. if someone can translate the stuff in the tutorials, we can start using it a bit more...
~Kitsune Zeta

bardsmanship

#20 Post by bardsmanship »

Yeah, if anyone here knows some Japanese, it would be nice to start some sort of translation project... this maker looks very promising.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#21 Post by rioka »

A better place to ask would be in Megatokyo Forums. Don't they have those translation projects going around there all the time or something?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Megaman Z »

(does a search of megatokyo forums that yeilds (sp?) nothing)
...or, if nobody here knows Japanese, trial and error (and a huge*** text file containing what does what) would work.

(... can't post @ megatokyo - no account there, and I'm not quite ready to juggle more than two accounts. somebody that has an account there please forward my request to megatokyo.)

(AND SOMEBODY REALLY NEEDS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS NEEDED TO START A NEW PROJECT IN LIVENOVEL!)

edit: score one for google's translation...
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... D%26sa%3DG
(you still have to account for the "grammatical errors", but then again, it IS still in beta [the translation engine, not the program])
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Megaman Z »

okay, I ALMOST got it working with the sample game that's on the official web site... stupid "my computer doesn't like Japanese characters in the file name while it's unzipping" problem prevented the game from working, but at least I got farther... if I recall correctly, I just need a couple files that aren't on the disc I have for Windows XP...

...it's "Cplexe.exe" off the windows XP service pack 2 disc... I don't think I have it with me... *looks* found it... I'm installing it now... I'll have an update soon enough...

****IT!!!!! (it still won't extract the *.gal files... :cry: )

now is the time I start asking people for more help...

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Kitsune Zeta

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#24 Post by chronoluminaire »

I'll have a go next week. I'm off on a trip this weekend. I can understand basic Japanese, and have managed to get a few Japanese programs running in the past, so I might have a chance. But you'll probably get it sorted out in a week's time... :lol:

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Megaman Z »

chronoluminaire wrote:But you'll probably get it sorted out in a week's time... :lol:
doubtful... Windows has been pulling $*!+ like this since... forever, really. and I haven't found a solution to it yet...

(and the only thing I need is those **** GAL files!)

(L. Zeta: yeah, that was D. Zeta above... I'm havin' no luck either...)
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Megaman Z »

two days pass, still no success with japanese files...

I've just about given up hope on getting the sample game to work... unless somebody (sai, maybe. somebody with enough "persuasion" to get it to work) can get the filenames in english (or get me a ZIP file of the files... that might work better...)
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#27 Post by rioka »

Megaman Z wrote:(sai, maybe. somebody with enough "persuasion" to get it to work)
Well, good luck then! Last time everyone tired to capture Sai - she went on a hiding spree which ironically turned to a bidding spree for her bouncing services. ^^;;

darkknight
Veteran

#28 Post by darkknight »

no she went hiding because me and a few other people wanted to use her for halloween...I think i won the bets
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Megaman Z »

worst thing is, I still remember reading about that on this site. that was around december, was it not?

I'm not sure darkknight won the bets, though... I think it came down to whoever could find her... I don't think anybody did in the end.

(*reads post to check for spelling* Ironically, I embedded a song title in this message. see if you can find it. give me the song and it's artist. [just giving us something to do while we're waiting and praying to Kamisama that somebody HELPS US!])
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#30 Post by darkknight »

well yeah i had to use the dogs and i am too lazy...
I found a song title...

In the end...Linkin park
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....