Most strange reason to stay away from lemmasoft

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Blue123
Veteran
Projects: Composer on... something(s)

Re: Most strange reason to stay away from lemmasoft

#31 Post by Blue123 »

As long as people are people... some will be good, some will be bad.

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#32 Post by JQuartz »

Jo'ogn wrote:Wrong world! Money is another word for corruption. You still can make a difference, but do not rely on "society" in that respect. And remember energies attract, like magnets: The fearful attract what they fear.
Initially, I thought even if the whole society turns against me I wouldn't be too affected but in the long run, being alone and tortured for too long do really make a person mental. If I had some sort of society (something like SPCA), I probably wouldn't end up with broken legs and a damaged eye. This experience had really taught me the importance of societies. However, I am happy for your kind words.
Blue123 wrote:As long as people are people... some will be good, some will be bad.
That what I believe as well. But how could I tell who's good and who's bad especially after being threatened for so many months by everyone I meet? But I think people who I met on LSF are good people. I been helped many times by the people on this site in the present and past. Thank for your words.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#33 Post by Jo'ogn »

Initially I thought your topic was some kind of "joke". And it is not entirely unlikely that all the "wat?" posters thought the same.

We obviously have a different definition for the term "society". Ppl on LSF - for me - come from different societies. They all have different cultural background, however one thing in common.

In the recent years I found it increasingly more difficult to refer to things as "bad", or "good". The experience you describe - for me - is quite extraordenary. Esp as you said, that you attemtped to commit suicide and obviously were found and recovered some time later in a ICU. After that point of time those threats had stopped and you say your family didn't seem to remember anything of it?

That's the first time I hear anything like that, so may I ask, are you working on a VN?
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#34 Post by JQuartz »

Jo'ogn wrote:you say your family didn't seem to remember anything of it?

That's the first time I hear anything like that, so may I ask, are you working on a VN?
Initially I thought your topic was some kind of "joke". And it is not entirely unlikely that all the "wat?" posters thought the same.
My family seems to be had not been harmed in any way. They just always be what people threatened me about (ei. If you don't die, I'll kill your family.) It seems that they don't know what's been happening to me (I never really told them because I thought it might put their lives in danger). However they not knowing anything about it does make me think that they don't really have the whole society against me. Just people that I end up meeting.

Am I working on a VN? Not really in the right state of mind to make a VN but after I finished upgrading my main menu generator, I might try to make some game to keep my mind busy cause my past keep haunting me even though I'm convinced part of my torture was imagined. I guess experience affect you whether they are real or not.

And you think it's a joke? That's a relief. That increases the chances that I was just mental for the past few months (and the things I heard of,: Pytom got arrested, millions of people dying, a number of people I know got killed, my country is on the verge of war)must be the result of that condition). But I prefer wating poster to just say "is this a joke". Just wating makes me think they want to say "What? You genocist is still alive". I would appreciate if everyone does not wat me anymore but instead just say what they think. Thanks for you helpful reply.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Koveras
Regular
Projects: The King's Dragon (TBA)

#35 Post by Koveras »

JQuartz wrote:Other than that, I feel societies should protect those who doesn't want to be corrupt instead of them being harrassed/tortured.
That's a very idealistic notion but unfortunately, society is designed to first and foremost protect itself, not its individual members. In primitive times, it was set up to protect human species from outside threats (wild animals, natural disasters) but as the population grew, it started protecting itself from inside threats, too. Sadly, modern society defines "threat" as anything that can potentially bring about a change. I won't say that certain social inertia is not natural: quite the contrary, only by scrutinizing and criticizing can the inherent flaws of any proposed change be found, allowing for a gradual and sustainable evolution of the whole. However, some (ideally, the best) changes MUST be implemented, lest the society falls into stagnation and decay. And that is unfortunately what modern world tends to do best.

So basically, you being and remaining uncorrupted by material things is a natural thing, it's nothing to be intimidated or ashamed about. However, the society trying to push you out is also a natural thing, a self-preservation mechanism. Holding on to corruption at all costs, however, is most certainly not. Cutting long story short: your conflict is inevitable but your victory against the system's inherent flaws is natural. You may not be able to find a place where nobody would try to corrupt you but you can find one where you'd make a difference and stop the corruption with your presence. We should do just as much as we can, won't you agree? :)
"Yo, Buddy, you still alive?"

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#36 Post by JQuartz »

Koveras wrote:your victory against the system's inherent flaws is natural.
Really? Currently I feel I've lost since I've ended up being traumatised (I don't even dare to work for small/medium sized companies cause chances of them being corrupt is high or at least I believe it to be so, I can't even use tv,radio and newspaper anymore and I sustained serious physical injuries).
Koveras wrote:However, the society trying to push you out is also a natural thing, a self-preservation mechanism.
I think they managed to do this already since I want to get an internationally recognized cert and get out of my country. Another reason why I think I've lost.
Koveras wrote:We should do just as much as we can, won't you agree?
Yeah, I agree. I always do as much as I can (as long as I'm not in a bad mood)

Thanks Koveras for your wise words. I sense myself getting more and more wiser as I hear your words more and more. Thanks again.

Koveras
Regular

#37 Post by Koveras »

JQuartz wrote:Really? Currently I feel I've lost since I've ended up being traumatised (I don't even dare to work for small/medium sized companies cause chances of them being corrupt is high or at least I believe it to be so, I can't even use tv,radio and newspaper anymore and I sustained serious physical injuries).
They say that losing a battle does not mean losing the war. :) You either get up and continue trying or stay down and not get involved. In the latter case, though, you must really pay attention to not become exactly what you previously fought against...

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#38 Post by JQuartz »

Koveras wrote:you must really pay attention to not become exactly what you previously fought against...
1 thing I'm proud of myself is I remain uncorrupted despite being threatened with death for so long. I think if I won't become corrupted in that case, I won't become corrupted in any case. The threats was very serious and traumatised me but did not make me corrupted. I guess integrity is a very important (and costly)in my life.
Koveras wrote:You either get up and continue trying or stay down and not get involved.
But I think I had enough of death threats to last me a lifetime so I plan not to get involved anymore and remain uncorruptible. Thank Koveras for your insight and concern. I am very lucky to have you keep replying to my posts. It really gives me some sort of footing in this traumatic time.

Koveras
Regular

#39 Post by Koveras »

As I said, it's up to you. But if it were me getting death threats... I'd feel sorry for people sending those. That is, after I'm done with them. :evil:

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#40 Post by JQuartz »

Koveras wrote:But if it were me getting death threats... I'd feel sorry for people sending those. That is, after I'm done with them.
Good for you, that seems to be the solution that had been suggested to me. A number of people had said that I'm too soft. They said I should have made counter threats instead of just enduring them. Thanks for replying.

Koveras
Regular

#41 Post by Koveras »

JQuartz wrote:Good for you, that seems to be the solution that had been suggested to me. A number of people had said that I'm too soft. They said I should have made counter threats instead of just enduring them.
I'm just saying that if one keeps running, nothing will ever change. At least, in the direction this someone wants it to change... But you probably know all that already. ^^

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#42 Post by JQuartz »

Koveras wrote:I'm just saying that if one keeps running, nothing will ever change. At least, in the direction this someone wants it to change... But you probably know all that already. ^^
I feel like I had been in some sort of horror movie. Even thinking about what I've been through is enough to make me shiver and have goosebumps. Under those condition I guess keeping alive is more important than making a change, especially if I not really rich (I'm heavily in debt due to my study loans), powerful (most junior worker in the company I work for) or know a lot of people (Considered a loner). Not only that, I've been some events in the past where not doing anything (enduring) is actually the best solution. eg. There's once I've joined a military camp and my the trainer keeps making me march around even when it's my rest period. I fought back by shouting at the officer and got punished even worse. That's why I tend to endure than to fight back. But now that I've been through this deadly experience, I might have to rethink my approach toward hostility. Thank Koveras for replying. It really makes me think (good because right now I'm trying to keep my mind busy so I won't end up remembering the (supposedly imagined) torture and threats.

Koveras
Regular

#43 Post by Koveras »

It's only logical to back off and regroup in the face of an overwhelming force, that's not the running away I was referring to. :) Army is a bad monster, anyway, speaking of it. One of the worst inventions humanity has ever brought forth IMO. %)

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran

#44 Post by JQuartz »

Koveras wrote:Army is a bad monster, anyway, speaking of it. One of the worst inventions humanity has ever brought forth IMO. %)
I think army isn't the problem. It's wars that is the bad monster. The army provides jobs for people who are not so well educated or lucky enough to receive proper education. It drains the country economy though, but that due to more of an gov mistake than the army's existance. Just my personal opinion. Thank Koveras for replying.

Koveras
Regular

#45 Post by Koveras »

Well, in my eyes, one thing leads to another and vice versa. As long as we have armies, there will be wars, and as long as there are wars, armies will be needed. It's a kind of vicious circle, though I admit that it was probably a war that got here first and the army was originally a result of it. But still I find army just dehumanizing. A sentient being is an individual, a unique set of beliefs, thoughts, and world views, and army structure just renders all that moot and makes a human just another cog in the military machine...