What would you do?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: What would you do?

#16 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nanie
Regular
Projects: Nanie's Zanie Adventure System [PnP]

#17 Post by Nanie »

mugenjohncel wrote:OK US$2.00 may be a bit too low... let's increase the amount to US$15.00 but she must stretch it for 15 days. POV is Tentacle Monster and still being chased by the Bureau of Paranormal and Things and Stuff. Goal is still the same, you make sure she (Joel) gets back home safely... oh! and it's cold outside (snow) so Joel regularly depends on Tentacle Monster for Warmth / Insulation / Protection (Let's see... Tentacle Monster snugly wraps his tentacles around Joey's young, petite, slender body)

Aghhhhhhh!!!... must purify evil thoughts... (this is hard...)

"POOF" (Disappears)
NO, Mugen! Embrace the dark side! We have lolis!!! :twisted:
Make a Nanie's Zanie Adventure Pen and Paper character for the hell of it! I'll send you your overly complex stat sheets! [PM me, I feel like having people play over the net or cool NPCs so SEND!]

HaveAtYePirates2

#18 Post by HaveAtYePirates2 »

get in your evangelion and destroy the countryside on your way back. then go ARGAHEAQLFHH and crash.

usul
Veteran
Projects: Teachings of the Buddha, System-Addict, Generation XxX

#19 Post by usul »

French Canadian here.

There's a road that leads to the U.S. that canadians use to cross over and save on gas. You can cross over through the woods easily being a tentacle monster.

As far as obstacles, Mounties only appear for the media, you never actually see them.

There are American Indian reserves that might prove to be interesting story-wise.

Moose, bears, dear in the woods. Beavers building damns...

That's all that comes to mind right now, but I can answer questions you may have.
"The universe is non-simultaneously apprehended"
— Buckminster Fuller

usul
Veteran
Projects: Teachings of the Buddha, System-Addict, Generation XxX

#20 Post by usul »

What about meeting a Yeti?
"The universe is non-simultaneously apprehended"
— Buckminster Fuller

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Showsni »

usul wrote:What about meeting a Yeti?
Don't they live in the Himalayas?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#22 Post by PyTom »

Well, sure, Showsni, if you want to get all pedantic about the terminology. You call them Yeti when they're found in the Eastern hemisphere, and Sasquatch (or Bigfoot) when found in the Western hemisphere. But they're the same species, or at least close enough that they're capable of interbreeding. So I don't think it's really a big deal if Usul gets the terminology a bit wrong. :wink:
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

#23 Post by x__sinister »

PyTom wrote:Well, sure, Showsni, if you want to get all pedantic about the terminology. You call them Yeti when they're found in the Eastern hemisphere, and Sasquatch (or Bigfoot) when found in the Western hemisphere. But they're the same species, or at least close enough that they're capable of interbreeding. So I don't think it's really a big deal if Usul gets the terminology a bit wrong. :wink:

Uh, I'm pretty sure they're different species.
I mean, orangutans and chimps look a lot alike, but they can't make babies together, can they?
I would assume that since Yeti's only appear in the Himalayas (unlike their Bigfoot cousins), they are more suited to a colder climate and would probably melt in wherever-the-hell Bigfoot shows up.

Anyway.
Throw something in about Canadian bacon, and maple syrup (lots of syrup. oh god. maybe tentacle monster gets stuck while the mounties are coming after them).
They can get lost in the caves behind Niagara Falls, too (it's creepy in there).
Definitely include the mounties. Considering this is a comedy, you really need to make fun of the Canadians, otherwise what's the point in having it in Canada?
A literate roleplaying community.