Scelta - Shuffling the hands dealt by Fate

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Scelta - Shuffling the hands dealt by Fate

#16 Post by azureXtwilight »

Really? I had tried to log in a few times but....
I couldn't... Hope I can now.

Elli

#17 Post by Elli »

Novinha wrote:Ellie:
Finally able to check out your demo - I don't really have much experience about judging a voice-acting portfolio, but you seem to be able to convincingly VA (for lack of better verb - blame my awful vocab) quite a wide range of characters :)

I'll look into posting an Audience in the VAA forum within this week, which among other things will include English writeups on the characters so that people will have a good understanding of them and can VA them as close to our intended characteristics as possible.

One question remaining though - considering the voluminous amount of voice acting needed in Scelta and our geographical separation, what do you think is the best and most economical way and format to send audio files?
I'm going to go with emails. (The files could be sent in a few numerous zipped folders; that's how it's usually done). The file type usually sent through emails is mp3 files (they're not too big, not too small, and they can be played/recorded on pretty much any system), then you can convert them to .ogg files. (Or an audio editor, if you can get one/have one; as you may need to level some volume and do some sound editing).
Also to note, if you've going to get VAs, make sure you label the line numbers in the scripts you send everyone (once they are cast).
Like:
001Girl:
002Boy:
etc.
Last thing(s) on getting voice actors and actresses (tips); Send the scripts via email (not posted on a site), if you're not paying them (or are you?), some VAs are not completely reliable to get in all their lines for a large scale production like this; so make sure to stay in contact with them, and keep them updated on things. =) Updates, and notes to send in lines should be sent if the deadline for them to get them in has pasted...
Also, once you have a cast, you probably shouldn't send the whole script at once, but rather in parts, so the recording is a bit more manageable (for the VAs, and yourself).
^^'' Sorry for the long...list/explanation/what have you, but those are some errors I've seen made by some starting producers working with amateur voice actors and actresses (tho' some members on the site are pros), I'm not saying you will/are going to make those mistakes, but just in case.
Hope this helped~ =3

Novinha
Regular
Projects: Scelta

#18 Post by Novinha »

An update - we're now progressing to the second Development Cycle, where we hope to complete Anna's path and all of its related assets. VNProject forum ( http://vnproject.freeforums.org ) is also beginning its migration into English - it'll be a long way since we've been speaking Bahasa Indonesia for nearly a year there, but I'm confident of the English ability of the team and so far our only foreign team member, Maruta, isn't complaining (much ^_^; ).

I will also try to finally post that audition request to VAA soon and follow up with all interested parties.
~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~
# Flavius Vegetius Renatus #

Novinha
Regular

#19 Post by Novinha »

Update:
After a long string of holidays in Indonesia, the team is finally swinging back into full gear for the second development cycle! Our scriptwriters are finishing Anna's path while we are selecting a new chara designer from among our current illustrators - as proficient as our previous one was (see chara design images at the first post), the dichotomy between amateur and paid status might become a significant problem in the future so we decided to go all-amateur. We are also re-establishing contact with those who expressed their interest to participate in this thread (unfortunately, Ellie seemed to have left this forum - anyone here knows how to contact her?).

We are also considering to cooperate with a professional illustration studio for our future projects - however, for this they request a solid business plan, something none of us have any experience making :( We're currently researching for data required for one, if you guys have any pointers or even some data we can use we'd be really grateful.

Will post an image from the new chara designer as soon as it's selected next week :)

Ellie
Regular

#20 Post by Ellie »

Novinha wrote:. We are also re-establishing contact with those who expressed their interest to participate in this thread (unfortunately, Ellie seemed to have left this forum - anyone here knows how to contact her?).
I haven't left, I just previously didn't sign in to post last time. x__X (Sorry about that...)
You can either pm or email me (pm to get my email? I don't know if it's listed in my profile or not...).
=3 But in any case, I'm excited to see progress on this game~
Because singing is fun:
Snow Storm (English)

Fandubbing can also be fun:
Shugo Chara Clip

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#21 Post by Vatina »

Novinha wrote:however, for this they request a solid business plan, something none of us have any experience making :(
Business plan?

*Tries to remember what I learned in business school*
*Head explodes*

Anyway, that sounds exciting :D I wish you luck! (And will report back in case I actually find something useful)

Novinha
Regular

#22 Post by Novinha »

Chara designer process has been delayed (and therefore we haven't selected our new one yet), but since I've promised to post something, here's Anna's image from one of the contestants:

And an earlier concept I made for Chiara, one of the main girls (awful? so sue me, I'm project director not illustrator :p ) :

(seriously thinking about adding the usual disclaimer of 'all main characters in this game are 17 yrs old or older... etc')

Who's Chiara? Well here's what our lead scriptwriter has to say about her:

------------------------------------------------------

Chiara Greyling:

Female, 17 yrs old (despite being small and flat-chested and all - try saying that in her presence if you are really eager for a slap in the face), 2nd year student of Santa Maria (working name, final name tbd) all-female high school and current head of its student association, and the only daughter of the local trattoria owner Marta Greyling. An energizer bunny type that never seem to run out of energy despite the myriads of her activities. Superficially always cheerful and spirited - almost nobody ever even thought that she might be different inwardly. Does not mingle with members of opposite sex much (except her older brother Jose, and therefore she's frequently accused as having brother complex - which she denies vehemently), and therefore often becomes quite awkward near one.

-------------------------------------------------------

We plan to start working on Chiara's path as soon as we finish Anna's path since it's the favorite of many in team (who deny vehemently accusation of being lolicons) :)

=========================================

Now on to the replies...

Vatina:
Thanks, and looking forward to your return with useful info :) I'm doing some research myself, found some interesting tidbits but it seems to have good numbers I have to reach out to a pro willing to divulge them :(

Ellie:
Thank goodness you're still around ^___^ Your email isn't in your profile, I've sent you a PM :)

redcat
Regular

#23 Post by redcat »

Novinha wrote:And an earlier concept I made for Chiara, one of the main girls (awful? so sue me, I'm project director not illustrator :p ) :
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii20 ... chara1.jpg
We plan to start working on Chiara's path as soon as we finish Anna's path since it's the favorite of many in team (who deny vehemently accusation of being lolicons) :)
*redcat gigles while looking at the picture*

A highschooler that looks more like a gradeschooler....? :D
yes, surely our boss is a lolicon... :P

*redcat runs away laughing*
Meowwngg...??

Novinha
Regular

#24 Post by Novinha »

redcat wrote:
Novinha wrote:And an earlier concept I made for Chiara, one of the main girls (awful? so sue me, I'm project director not illustrator :p ) :
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii20 ... chara1.jpg
*redcat gigles while looking at the picture*

A highschooler that looks more like a gradeschooler....? :D
yes, surely our boss is a lolicon... :P

*redcat runs away laughing*
I made that partly inspired by *your* design... Now who's the greater lolicon :P

Novinha
Regular

#25 Post by Novinha »

Taking more than one hint from the constructive and pleasant discussion at Game-Makers Corner, we present a short Quiz that will reveal more about the heroines of Scelta and their characters (as well as some plot spoilers ^_^; ):

http://www.quibblo.com/quiz/7I5ZmEc/Whi ... e-fits-You

Looking forward to your visit and feedback!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by monele »

I got Shoko. Yay, kitty! :D
Also, I'm glad to see someone using the suggestions actively ^.^. The quiz concept was not my favorite to begin with, but I'm forced to admit it has that "gaming" feel to it which is rather nice :). If anything, I'd just try to put a wee bit more description on the results. Though I am certainly curious how a cat is considered an heroine, so... :D

Novinha
Regular

#27 Post by Novinha »

monele wrote:I got Shoko. Yay, kitty! :D
Also, I'm glad to see someone using the suggestions actively ^.^. The quiz concept was not my favorite to begin with, but I'm forced to admit it has that "gaming" feel to it which is rather nice :). If anything, I'd just try to put a wee bit more description on the results. Though I am certainly curious how a cat is considered an heroine, so... :D
We can't reveal the secret path too much now, can we? ^_^; Still, thanks for taking the quiz and giving feedback - unfortunately due to quiz engine restriction a quiz can only be updated up to 30 mins after it is created, and that was around six hours ago ^_^;

Look forward to more participant-luring contents from Scelta team!

Jake
Support Hero

#28 Post by Jake »

monele wrote:I got Shoko. Yay, kitty! :D
... isn't Shoko that Japanese idol who's famous for - amongst other things - putting her cat's head in her mouth?
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by monele »

Look forward to more participant-luring contents from Scelta team!
If you can vary the type of entertainment, it should be quite interesting ^.^

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#30 Post by Hime »

Heh, I got Anna. :) This is making me even more impatient to see some more of this project, it's one of the most interesting ones out in LSF. Can't wait to see it finished! <3