Moonlight Walks 2.0 Released

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Moonlight Walks 2.0 Released

#1 Post by PyTom »

It's the summer before you go away to college, and you're spending it visiting with your aunt and uncle on a small island in the Atlantic ocean. One night, while out taking pictures of the full moon, you meet a girl walking down the beach...

It's been exactly four years since I first announced Moonlight Walks. And for this fourth anniversary, I'm pleased to announce Moonlight Walks 2.0, a remake. While keeping the same script, it features all-new art by the forum's own Mugenjohncel. It also adds some new extras, and updates the game to a version of Ren'Py that should work on all modern computers.

It can be downloaded from the newly-revamped Moonlight Walks website:

http://www.bishoujo.us/moonlight/

I'd like to thank Mugenjohncel for all the work he put into making this new release a reality, and for turning MW into something I can be even more proud of.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Re: Moonlight Walks 2.0 Released

#2 Post by Blue Lemma »

Yay, I got all the endings! (Again!)
Nice art, mugen :) The original art bonus is neat, too. The only thing missing is the fanservice! Mugen worked on a game that's so.... pure and innocent? :shock:
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#3 Post by Samu-kun »

Yeah, it was surprisingly tame considering who the artist was. Maybe I should change my opinion of him. =w=

I got all the endings as well. I also liked the random loli at the end of end 3. XD

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#4 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:D :D :D :D :D :D
(Downloading right now and very excited !!!!)

Ren

#5 Post by Ren »

Blue Lemma wrote:The only thing missing is the fanservice! Mugen worked on a game that's so.... pure and innocent? :shock:

This reminds me of a irc conversation with him... :3

I really loved the new art, his rendition of Mary is lovable, I especially appreciated how her eyes look, she's exactly how I imagined she should have been with another artist working on her rendition.

It was really nice to get to play this again, I'm really satisfied!

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#6 Post by F.I.A »

Replaying this certainly brings back memory. After all, it is the very first game that got me into vn making. Back then, a script of MW was included along with the engine, and it certainly helped alot in pointing out the functions I need for my own game. Not to mention that heartbeat sfx was stolen from it as well.

Great work as always from Mugen. Both versions of Mary have their charms though.

The only typo I find might be:
When Mary told how she went to school. It should be "product" instead of "produce"
Also, apparently I missed Mary's last name in RenTarot. Therefore, it is fixed in the latest uploaded version of the print set.

As for the two character sprites, maybe putting them up with a solid color background?
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#7 Post by jack_norton »

I never played this before so today gave it a try. Very nice game, congrats 8)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Adorya »

*cough* need to update the root page at http://www.bishoujo.us/ *cough*

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#9 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

Adorya wrote:*cough* need to update the root page at http://www.bishoujo.us/ *cough*
I beg to disagree: the two screenshots show more than well the "then and now" of the graphics....

Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#10 Post by PyTom »

Honestly, I think I do need to update bishoujo.us. Since I moved Ren'Py to renpy.org, bishoujo.us has been left to languish.

#11 Post by Guest »

Hmmm have you found a reasonable way to translate this to Japanese?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#12 Post by PyTom »

I actually have a Japanese translation sitting in my inbox, but I will need someone to help bring it up to date with the slightly modified English version, and to translate some additional stuff. (The menus have changed since then.) I'll probably ask Denzil to do the same for the Czech version, and someone just emailed me offering to do a Russian translation.

My current idea is to wait a few months, and then release a multilingual version 2.1 of Moonlight Walks.

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Adorya »

Nitpicking a bit so far in the 2 1st endings :
- The intro background has a slight graphic issue due to mosaic mode I guess (one star is cut by half but it's in the center of the screen so spottable immediately. I couldn't do a screeshot because...well f doesn't seem to work in the main menu, neither F capped.

- When finishing the 1st ending Nothing to say, the art gallery unlock the 1st window from the top right but also unlock a pick of Mary I didn't see in this path (Mary's face in the beach). Is it intended?

- When in full screen default mode, if you select Help in the main menu the default internet browser will pop up and load the help page, but will also turn the game in windows mode which can only be turned back to fullscreen by starting/loading the game and not in the main menu (actual screen res : 1024x768).

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#14 Post by mikey »

- When finishing the 1st ending Nothing to say, the art gallery unlock the 1st window from the top right but also unlock a pick of Mary I didn't see in this path (Mary's face in the beach). Is it intended?
This happened to me, too.

Another problem I had was that when I saved before the 4th choice under certain circumstances (couldn't replicate them, though - I tried, but I gave up, perhaps it was a one-time thing), the screenshot was not the in-game picture, but the save menu :) No biggie, though.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#15 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.