The Cute, light and fluffy project!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Cute, light and fluffy project!

#31 Post by Showsni »

I'd assume multiple endings are okay if you don't just leave them all dangling, but make them join up to some ending scene. If not, then it would be harder for whoever's compiling the games to make them all link back to some main menu.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#32 Post by Megaman Z »

I tend to make a big distinction between a linear VN and a Kinetic Novel.

a linear VN has a few choices that only subtly change events and don't result in a [drastically] different ending.

a kinetic novel has no choices at all.
~Kitsune Zeta

Elli

#33 Post by Elli »

I'd actually be interested in using those sprites, Angelic Carrot, if you wouldn't mind posting them. (I've realized my game idea is...too long/lacks the fluffeh ness for this project, so I have a different one I'd like to include):
Little Flowers
Genre: Drama
Description: Hoping to catch the "girl in the forest" Yana finds her one night, and the two go on a journey through the mysterious forest...What awaits Yana at the end? A surprise, the girl tells her...But what could it be?

AngelicCarrot
Regular

#34 Post by AngelicCarrot »

Oh, sure ^^ I'll need to E-mail you the folders though~

Hmm, well the thing I had in mind was a three ending game that is very basic: Ending with one girl, Ending with other girl, ending with no girl. And either you make the big decision at the end and have some extra scenes with your ending (Cept the no girl ending) or it's decided by choices. I'd really like the first one though xD;
Life, Liberty and RAINBOWS OF HAPPINESS

http://angelicalchemey.deviantart.com/

Crossfrown

#35 Post by Crossfrown »

...Sorry if I'm intruding, but this bothers me. I love tsundere archetypes. That is, a selfish, angry, violent and overall unpleasant person who is actually a sweetheart. So moé~*

Uhm, if you don't mind, I thought of something interesting...something that focuses more on the character than the distinctive trait she has.

Dark Candy
A fanged girl steals your candy for no apparent reason other than she had a sudden craving for something. Quickly revealed to be her craving for blood, which she cannot identify because she has no idea she's a vampire (she's not very bright). Ends up getting sick from slurping raw supermarket meat in desperation, and allows you to take care of her. Being a tsundere, she stays with you stubbornly long after she recovers. Focuses more on her sheltered-life-induced idiocy than her actual vampirism.

I think I'll use the girl above, actually.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#36 Post by monele »

Crossfrown : I approve heartily. If only because your drawing is hilariously cute :D

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by Megaman Z »

Definitely looks like I'll be liking what comes out of this group project. <^-^>
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Megaman Z »

*pokes this thread with a stick*

I think I've settled on a reasonable deadline for those not planning on entering the NaNoRenO: April 2nd (not April 1st - won't be able to tell the jokes from the real stuff! >.<). those planning on entering the NaNoRenO would probably deserve extra time to compensate for it.

also, is anyone really falling behind their schedules? <o.o>
~Kitsune Zeta

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#39 Post by Vatina »

I think I'll be able to make it for April.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#40 Post by sake-bento »

That should be just fine for this team.

Dave the Twisted
Regular
Projects: 5 Minutes [Cute Story]

#41 Post by Dave the Twisted »

I'm up to my neck in midterms as well as leaving for Florida in February, so I might be getting a bit behind. However I'm not saying I'll miss any deadlines yet. (Except maybe the ones for my midterm projects, but that's another story...)
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#42 Post by akemicchi »

I'm up to my neck in midterms as well as leaving for Florida in February, so I might be getting a bit behind. However I'm not saying I'll miss any deadlines yet. (Except maybe the ones for my midterm projects, but that's another story...)
Ahaha, same here! |-D Midterms are in two weeks, then we have Finals at the end of March. I hope to finish it between February and the ides of March, though! As a consequence of midterms and exams coming up these next few weeks, I haven't been working much with my contribution... I mean, I'm making progress, but now I'm suddenly more interested in working on my original game. XD;; Ahahaha...

Hm. Is it okay that my story isn't that light? It's cute. Definitely. For sure. But it's not very light. XD; It's a little depressing, what with an apathetic person narrating the story. (Wow, it sure would suck to finish it only to find out I'm disqualified from the collections because of that. x'D Lol.)

... Oh well! I'll just worry about themes and that sort of stuff when I'm finished with the overall script! :D

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#43 Post by Dave the Twisted »

Hey, anyone still alive?

To keep people interested, I'd like everyone to give a progress report if possible (if not, that's fine) and maybe some pitches for a new story. Also note that unless Megaman has something to say (which he probably doesn't), you're not limited to one story if you feel like you want to make more.

My story thus far, 5 Minutes, is as follows:
-A solid idea of how I want to finish.
-A reasonable idea of how to get there.
-All sprites, backgrounds and music done. I'm going freebooter. (Thank you Deji, BCS and Susumu Hirasawa-sama, respectively.)
-No event scenes, probably won't use any. (If anyone cares to volunteer, I'd be more than happy to see what you've got.)
-Scripting approx. 20-25% done.

Here are some of my sprites, made using the Celeste model by Deji.
Attachments
Isabel-normal.PNG
Isabel-wink.PNG
Isabel-snark.PNG
For my next project I'm going to need a working toilet, a pair of pliers, a jar of cheez-whiz spread, 100 q-tips, a TV remote, a gearshift lever and a whole lot of duct tape. This is gonna be awesome.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#44 Post by sake-bento »

Status update: The first draft of the script is complete and with the artist. I'm not sure how far along the artist is, but I've seen some preliminary character designs and part of a background so I know he's moving along at a decent pace. Music is at 0% right now. If I have time, I'll write a couple tracks. If not, we'll find some free songs to use.

We're definitely still alive.
Last edited by sake-bento on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave the Twisted
Regular

#45 Post by Dave the Twisted »

We're definitely still alive
Ah good. I should hope so. My last two projects fell through because I lost motivation. I thought working with a group would keep me more or less on task.