NaNoRenO 2009

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Scout
Veteran
Projects: A Princess of Venus

Re: NaNoRenO 2009

#91 Post by Scout »

Oh, are we doing screenshots now? Well, check out this gorgeous thing. :3
preview.jpg
Now, of course, I just have to actually get back to writing. I've been slacking off for the past few days so I can work on art instead. Which is, of course, important, but... well, let's just say I don't plan things out like Jake does, so it's probably not actually smart.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#92 Post by papillon »

aww. cute! :)

Jake
Support Hero

#93 Post by Jake »

Scout wrote:Oh, are we doing screenshots now? Well, check out this gorgeous thing. :3
Man, I had no idea you were a Mac user! :P
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#94 Post by DaFool »

Scout has a good sense of visual design. I'd trade some drawing skills for some of that.

No previews here... :D
(I don't want to show just yet how much skillz I've gotten in about a year... then again by using more combinations of tools I work much faster now -- our game is essentially DONE... in 2 weeks! Just waiting on a couple of CGs.)

...but really, nothing much to look forward to, I'm still a non-artist.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#95 Post by Watercolorheart »

I'm easily 50% done on the whole game if not more, the writing is either 100% complete or 85% complete, depending on if I want to make another optional scene. But I can't post my progress on this forum, it's a fan eroge. >D

I've done all ... 3 ... backgrounds, and most of what I have left is Link's animated facial icons, 2 more 3D CGs, postworking some raw renders in Photoshop, and a bunch of headaches involving getting some non-aspect ratio AVIs converted to MPG with sound. Unless I want to stretch to Ren'Py to it's limits by saving the individual JPGs in the game directory and using Animation displayables instead. Actually, seeing as how I'm having artifacts even on a uncompressed AVI, it may be the easier solution than hurting myself trying to use Super and Vdub to encode the WAV ... simply by reducing some of the frames.

I actually want to leave myself a week to do some heavy 3D animation to a short music video for an OP animation and heavy particle effect abuse (something that's NOT crap like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI9_OVXE ... annel_page or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCXEWJq9 ... annel_page ... both are work-safe, with non-explicit nudity but bad animation) but I'll have to see if I have time.

Oh ... and I need to program in sound and music.
I'm not even the same person anymore

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'

#96 Post by Watercolorheart »

Can we get links to all the NaNoReNo entries so far? I've seen more and more crop up in Completed Games.

#97 Post by Guest »

BCS wrote:Can we get links to all the NaNoReNo entries so far? I've seen more and more crop up in Completed Games.
Technically, only pXt is the only true Nano2009 game 8)

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#98 Post by Asceai »

I probably wouldn't release, personally, until basically the end of the month anyway =p So patience, patience, as I'm sure others are thinking the same.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#99 Post by mikey »

I have finished a NaNoRenO game! :P
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=4843
Asceai wrote:I probably wouldn't release, personally, until basically the end of the month anyway =p So patience, patience, as I'm sure others are thinking the same.
I can only speak for me and my game was a really short (3-day) effort, but I just like to have things off my mind once they are done, that's why I would (did) release as soon as I can. If it just sat on my disk, I probably would just think about it unproductively... but then again, everyone is different, I guess. Me, I like the feeling of cleaning the table after a project, archive it and go to sleep with an empty head. :)

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#100 Post by Taleweaver »

mikey wrote:I have finished a NaNoRenO game! :P
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=4843
Been there. Commented that.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#101 Post by mikey »

And another "release" that is related :)

It's the Slovak translation of the NaNoRenO 2005 game, The Garden Society: Kykuit.
http://atp.manga.sk/pages/gsk.htm

Enjoy (if you can...) :P

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#102 Post by Aleema »

Looks like I won't finish in 9 days! But thanks, NaNoRenO, for giving me an incredible head start. ^^

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#103 Post by LVUER »

Tohohoho... I was (and still) sick, going forth and back to toilet for more than 10 times per day (and has been sick for more than 3 days) really robs me of my strenght and will-power. Of all the times, why it has to be now (when NanoReno 2009 and when my vacation???).

I really hope I could finish the game on time, perhaps cutting the amount of text and pictures will do.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran

#104 Post by Watercolorheart »

I will definitely be done in time. Whether or not I have time to code everything I really wanted to do is another story. :P It's shaping up pretty nicely for what it is ... a visual fan lemon.

herenvardo
Veteran

#105 Post by herenvardo »

Just wanted to formally announce that, in order to give trecevidas enough margin to deal with the art, I just started writting code last night. My idea was to do the coding in exactly one week, but I'll be out next sunday so I started one day earlier :P
HardCoreRenO has begun!!

Oh, and why not, I'll take the chance to scare a bit to other participants: around 3/4 of the month are already gone in all timezones. Good luck to all!! :mrgreen:
I have failed to meet my deadlines so many times I'm not announcing my projects anymore. Whatever I'm working on, it'll be released when it is ready :P