[Forum Game] the person below me...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#106 Post by Megaman Z »

almost... can't track down pictures even if my life depended on it v_v (cheesy attempt at a text face. it sucks, doesn't it...)

the person below me has considered/done a music video for a song s/he didn't write (and the music video stars said person instead of the usual artist...)

[edit: looking at it again, that's a bit obscure... here's an example of what I mean: take a song by ludacris (such as "southern fried intro"), get a camera, lipsync the appropriate parts, shoot other footage, compile the finished product, slap your username (or, in some special cases, your artist handle. mine would be "Z" [f]or "Zeta") on it, keep it to yourself... usually...]
~Kitsune Zeta

bookie
Veteran

#107 Post by bookie »

Trueish false? I've always wanted to make an AMVis thing, staring original characters, hehe.

The person below me Buys at least 5 manga volumes a month

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#108 Post by Sai »

False unfortunately. I probably would, and have in the past, but I'm TOTALLY BROKE! T_T From buying DVDs =o
And last month I was almost totally broke because I bought some Final Fantasy 7 figures (which STILL haven't arrived, stupid postal service)
But I managed to buy 3 manga volumes anyway, muaha. But that's not 5.
If I could I'd buy lots more. There's quite a few series I'm reading... Oh well.

The person below me has a bunch of stuffed toys

bookie
Veteran

#109 Post by bookie »

True! I collected stuffed animals for a looong time, and now I have them packed in trashbags at the base of my bed. I gotta find something to do with them.

I don't buy DVDs, so manga is easier to get, hehe.

The person below me Still talks with his/her imaginary friend every once and a while

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#110 Post by Megaman Z »

uh... do "alternate noncompliant personalities" count? me and D. Zeta have chats every ****ing day

the person below me knows the [true] origin of the babelfish.
~Kitsune Zeta

ChaoticAtomBomb

#111 Post by ChaoticAtomBomb »

false...sounds intersesting tho'

The person below me has not a clue in the world what a Flumph is

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#112 Post by Sai »

True... it sounds like the kind of sound something fluffly would make iif it fell on the floor though haha....

I looked it up online:

1. flumph
A round jellyfish like creature with tentacles. Often described as "Weird" by people.
Whoa, man, look at that jellyfish thingie! What is that? A flumph?

Megaman Z wrote:the person below me knows the [true] origin of the babelfish.
Is it originally from the story The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I *just* saw the first episode of that for the first time in my life last night as they're repeating it on TV (since a movie based on the story is being released). When I heard them say Babelfish in it I was like whoa! Hah.... Funky.
I didn't even know Hitchiker's was a story @_@; I don't know what I thought it was though, some kind of spoof dictionary maybe. So I didn't know what the fuss was about but it's looking *really* fun so far! Loving it.

The person below me has seen Cats the musical (it's good ^^)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#113 Post by rioka »

Unfortunately, I haven't, and they're not showing it at Broadway anymore. =(

The person below me is currently obssessed with playing a single track of music over and over and over... and over. ^^

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#114 Post by Megaman Z »

um... I've been playing a certain edit of two tracks of "Red Light District" (the skit and 2 miles an hour) over an' over an' over... (and I sped up 2 miles an hour 'cause I felt like it... and the song was too slow, IMO)
Sai wrote:Is it originally from the story The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I *just* saw the first episode of that for the first time in my life last night as they're repeating it on TV (since a movie based on the story is being released).
yep, you're right on target. the idea for today's internet Babelfish came from the first novel of the five novel series. it's titled "the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy", written by Douglas Adams (who, as late as he is [I mean he's dead now, unfortunately], did part of the screenplay for the movie...). all six of the stories (the five novels plus "Young Zaphod Plays It Safe") are in a collective book titled "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide", so if you find it, get it. (good quality reading, too. I read the whole thing in four days...)

(supposedly there was a game based on it... I can't find it anywhere on the internet, though...)

back OT>> the person below me watches WAY too many music videos for his/her own good
~Kitsune Zeta

PixelWrangler
Regular

#115 Post by PixelWrangler »

False. Listening to LAUNCHcast, but not really watching a lot of music videos.

The person below me has at least one cat and one dog as pets.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#116 Post by Megaman Z »

false. at one time, I had Three dogs and a pair of rats. the rats are dead, unfortunately, and so is one of the dogs. so that leaves two dogs. both are old (I think about seven years, now...)

the person below me does a lot of programming. (creating a game, creating an engine, creating a game script file using somebody else's engine, etc.)
~Kitsune Zeta

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#117 Post by PyTom »

Guilty. I'll stop programming when they pry my cold dead hands off of the keyboard.

The person below me has seen the International Space Station from the ground.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

bookie
Veteran

#118 Post by bookie »

False, but that would be awsome!

The person below me Has looped an album or song at least 5 consecutive times in a row and not gotten tired of it

Erik
Regular

#119 Post by Erik »

True. 23 Times in a row (for a song) is my record, then i start adding other stuff to the playlist. :D

The person below me has played at least three ran'ai games in the past week.

bookie
Veteran

#120 Post by bookie »

False. No time...

The person below me Watches at least 3 hours of anime a week