You might be playing too many renai games when...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

You might be playing too many renai games when...

#1 Post by Megaman Z »

(this is supposed to be a continual list of signs that you're playing too many renai games.)
(also, you should have seen this thread coming a long time ago :) )

anyhow, you might be playing too many renai games when...

you tell your friend of the opposite gender (not a GF or BF yet) that you want her/him to get another relationship level with you before you do something
. |
. |
. L>said girl/guy above actually believes you

your first instinct when meeting a new girl/guy is to see what catogory they fit into (as per somebody's list of stereotypical ren'ai girls)

you hear a song and think of where to use it in your [next/first, whichever applies] renai game (ren'py or otherwise)

you create an engine to make ren'ai game creation easier

you are a giga-fan here (or you have a custom title.)

you have a legion of people waiting for you to change that 72% on your project status page (for god's sake, update already! you're killing D. Zeta!)

you walk into a dating service building asking for a catgirl/goddess type girl

you request people to incorperate more ren'ai elements into their game genre (I think HL2 + Renai would work, but that's just my opinion...)

you had an entry for NaNoRenO 2K5 (on time. sorry, Grey, yours doesn't quite count by my book...)

you had a controversial entry in NaNoRenO. now or future

you have made a parody for renai games in general (see... oh, what was that game by Dre called? inuyasha... inuyasha... ah! Sango, by Dre.)

you come up with five times as many things to list here as I just did.
~Kitsune Zeta

PixelWrangler
Regular

#2 Post by PixelWrangler »

You know you've been playing too many ren'ai games when...

You go to your local copy center and have transparencies made with multiple selections to hold up in front of you when speaking to someone of the opposite gender.

You refer to breakups with boyfriends/girlfriends as "bad endings".

You refer to marriages as "good endings".

You instinctively look for a "Skip" button when involved in particularly boring conversations.

You look at the above and say "what's so odd about THAT?" ;)

P.W.
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

- after being embarrassingly served off by a girl you aren't really crushed, just murmuring something about "a different path next time"

- you just know every girl in your school in in some way in love with you

Cazel
Regular

#4 Post by Cazel »

-Certain moments in your life are mentally defined as "CG events".

-When playing a ren'ai game you've never played, you can guess what a character is going to say.

Iaman
Regular

#5 Post by Iaman »

You've been playing too many renai games when:

-You instinctively wait for your choices to come up when someone asks you a question.

-You go on nature hikes where everybody is hooked up with someone except you and a pink haired girl(sorry BL, I had to)

-You find yourself holding your hand waist high with your index finger going through a clicking motion whenever you are talking to someone you dislike.

-Your eyes don't recognize actual movement in people, unless their emotional state changes.

-You bought contacts that electronically scan for how much somebody likes you, what their name is, and automatically displays a text version of what they're saying for you to look over before moving to their next section of dialogue.

That's all I can think of so far... sry! XD
I have no pants!

ChaoticAtomBomb

#6 Post by ChaoticAtomBomb »

youve been paying too much when...

to find out how well youre doing with a girl in your college you type in "Score"

and then "Notify" ....just to keep yourself updated...

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Megaman Z »

ChaoticAtomBomb wrote:youve been paying too much when...

to find out how well youre doing with a girl in your college you type in "Score"

and then "Notify" ....just to keep yourself updated...
...and to add to that, you know which game has those two commands.
~Kitsune Zeta

Piroshiki
Regular

#8 Post by Piroshiki »

...you refere to your friends as "support characters"

...real girls start looking less and less interesting

...you complain on the way the girl students at your school are drawn and wish Mitsumi Misato was the chara designer

...you try to recreate your favorite scenario in real life

...even if said favorite scenario is from Tenshi no inai 12 gatsu

...each time you see a little park, you can't help but to think how nice it would have been if you played there a lot with your cute red-haired childhood friend

...even if you *don't* have a cute red-haired childhood friend

...you wish things would have gone further with that girl you met in primary school and was an almost carbon copy of Fujisaki Shiori

...you lower your grades on purpose to be a typical lazy protagonist

...you search your family records in hope to find some strange event that could possibly lead to moving in with your sister who isn't really your sister and see lines on everything

...you think a story about an angst-filled relationship with a girl who has sex with you just to feel alive and ends in a failed double suicide attempt is a romantic story (*cough*guilty*cough*)

...you consider normal for a girl to have breasts that contravenes international treaties against mass destruction weapons (...wait, we were talking about ren'ai, weren't we?)

...you think that TokiMemo Online is a good idea

...half of the music you have is related in some way to bishoujo games

...all of the music you have is related in some way to bishoujo games

...your personality changes to match that of the protagonist of the game you're currently playing

...your personality changes to match that of the girl you're going after in the game you're currently playing

...you own every single OAV that is related in some way to bishoujo games

...you actually understood the One OAV

...your favorite character appears more than twice a week in your dreams

...you'd rather sleep for the rest of your life because of that

...you have a shrine to your favorite character on the web

...you have a shrine to your favorite character in your closet

...you burn incense on it every morning and every evening

...you sit on a bench in front of a train station on every snowy day, hoping to meet your blue-haired cousin there

...your blue-haired cousin used to have brown hair, until you made her dye it

...having a love relationship with your sister is a normal thing. Heck, you're not blood related anyway...

...your wallet is filled with pictures of your favorite characters

...you show them to other people like they were your girlfriend's

...you sometimes confuse your real childhood with that of your favorite game's protagonist

...you sometimes confuse your real childhood with that of the protagonist of every game you've played

...you wonder why your red-haired childhood friend doesn't call you back after all these years. But maybe it has something to do with your mysterious amnesia and your twelve sisters (who aren't really your sisters)'s memories of a girl flying above the clouds searching for a silver thread that can make any wish come true... You should ask your aunt, at whose place you're staying because your parents are away on a trip to Russia as diplomats.

...you spend all of your free time sleeping on the rooftop of your school because "hey, they say in the kouryaku that it's how you're supposed to meet a gray-haired badass sleepyhead"

...you skip graduation ceremony and try to run a full marathon after purposefuly wounding your leg, hoping that your (red-haired) childhood friend will wait for you at the end of the course

...you're constantly on the lookout for any cute two-braided blond-haired girl who might have a tragical past

...the owner of your local import video game store (oh, how I wish we had those here) knows you on a first name basis

...the owner of your local import video game store preorders every bishoujo game that comes out. After all, you'll be at his shop the next day asking for a copy...

..."no wonder Lancelot was in love with king Arthur, if she was so cute!"

...you write 40 "you know you play too much ren'ai games when..."
Last edited by Piroshiki on Thu May 05, 2005 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm not a meat bun ~nya

ChaoticAtomBomb

#9 Post by ChaoticAtomBomb »

if you were actually thought that just because series's name was "Romancing SaGa" it was Re'nai. And were dissaopinted that it was not.

(ok, ok, likeley to obscure, unless you play import RPG's)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by musical74 »

...you look for a little heart to tell ya how you are doing with a particular girl.

...you think *Romancing Saga 3* was the third of a series of romance games

...when you are at work you daydream about getting home to talk to Reiko et al

...you get the impression there's ALWAYS a girl available to talk to you and share deep feelings with you
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#11 Post by chronoluminaire »

Piroshiki wrote:...each time you see a little park, you can't help but to think how nice it would have been if you played there a lot with your cute red-haired childhood friend

...even if you *don't* have a cute red-haired childhood friend
Too true! XD
Piroshiki wrote:...you think that TokiMemo Online is a good idea
...and you follow all the announcements about it despite not speaking Japanese well enough to try to play

...and you wish it had an English-language section...

(...It doesn't... right??)
Piroshiki wrote:...half of the music you have is related in some way to bishoujo games
:? You mean that's not normal?
Piroshiki wrote:...your blue-haired cousin used to have brown hair, until you made her dye it
LOL!!! :lol:
Piroshiki wrote:...you sometimes confuse your real childhood with that of your favorite game's protagonist"
Not quite, but I did use to refer to Season of the Sakura as "my time in a Japanese high school"...

Beta
Regular

#12 Post by Beta »

you have three different versions of Harvest moon. (all US)

you consider doing a Wolfenstein3D TC that has a romantic theme... with a bad ending. (hey, it's Wolfenstein3D with a bunch of anime-esqe characters!)
|
|
L>you proceed with said TC

you think a renai game using the Source engine (see HL2) is a good idea

...that's all that I can come up with

clubanimon
Regular

#13 Post by clubanimon »

Actully i have 6 versions of Harvest moon, all American..

harvest moon back to nature
harvest moon 64
harvest moon save the homeland
harvest moon friends of mineral town
harvest moon GB3
harvest moon snes

And i'd have Its A Wonderful Life if i hand a dang gamecube =.=
but there bringin out the basily same game for Ps2 soon so i'm ok.

you know your playing to many ren'ai games when...
~When you start writing threating letters to Namco about translatings and brining over the For Girl versions of all the harvests moon.. ((i wanna marry the doctor dang it!))
~You wonder why reading your diary doesn't take you back to that date the next monring
~You think its OK to stalk a girl you meet on the street because you know that some how you two will end up falling in love and being happy together forever, just as long as you get all the mini games right. It doesn't matter that she has a boyfriend...(or some cases a girlfriend)

Tyler
Regular

#14 Post by Tyler »

Piroshiki wrote:...your blue-haired cousin used to have brown hair, until you made her dye it
... your girlfriend has brown hair and has wish to have natural blue hair ... and then you dye it blue.

(hehe, almost the same color as Blue Lemma's, only a bit darker.)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Megaman Z »

you wonder "where the heck are all the Tenchi Muyo!* renai games?!?"
|
|
L>You proceed to make a Tenchi Muyo! renai game (it's on my to-do list!)

*Tenchi Muyo, for as long as it was on Cartoon Network, was a high quality anime (IMO) that invovled one unfortunate person, Tenchi, who is of... how the heck do you spell the bloodline? djerain? anyhow, he unleashes a female demon with regenerative powers (Ryoko), gets arrested shortly thereafter by princess Ayeka (don't spell it Iaka or Ieka! someone needs to sack the sucker that did that for the IPS [translation] file for the SNES game!), who has a younger sister (Sasami), crashes the ship that he's held in (actually, the blame falls on Ryoko and Ayeka evenly...), somehow ends up with Galaxy Police members Mihoshi and Kyone in his house (forget how... despite the fact that I remember exactly how they look and sound on the US dubbed version!), and then when a madman (Kagato) kidnaps Ryoko, Mihoshi, in a display of her neverending (lack of) intellegence, causes mad scientist Washu to come out of hibernation. (this is over the course of at least 20 episodes... give or take five!)
~Kitsune Zeta