[close] Good writer wanted (work for hire)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

[close] Good writer wanted (work for hire)

#1 Post by jack_norton »

UPDATE: thanks for all the PMs, have enough writers for now! :)

I've decided that I can be more productive and deliver better games if I don't write the game texts/dialogues directly myself, since I won't be able to write in good english in any case :mrgreen:
So I'm looking for someone willing to write new games for me. I have already 2 other writers working on other projects, but I'd like to get one from here since would have the big advantage of already knowing how to use Renpy formatting, etc.

How will it work?
Simple, I describe the scene and the events, and you write the dialogues of the game. Below is an example of the process from my game Cardsweethearts.
My description:
"The next day you wake up early and go to Victor. You accept his job, after all."
"He says you need to start immediately, and gives you a notebook and an envelope. Inside it you find a picture of an asian-looking woman (Miko). Victor explains that his jealous boyfriend Rocco thinks she betrays him with someone."
Writer work:
"I don't usually wake up very early but this morning something just went click inside my head."
"I decide to take the job after all."
"Taking the bus this time, I went to Victor's office. Half an hour later I was standing in front of him again."
v "Glad you to know you're in. I knew you'd make the right choice."
p "I hope so myself."
v "Hah. No worries, %(name)s. Just sign here, please."
"He handed a pen and a sheaf of papers to me. After duly inspecting the contract I signed along the dotted line."
"To be honest, I don't really understand 'legalese'... So I've really no idea what it was I signed. Oh well, the ink's drying on the paper now."
v "Great. One copy is yours. And now... your first job."
p "So soon?"
v "Of course! What, you were expecting some training period or something?"
p "Well, no... not really."
v "Right then, your first assignment: Miko."
p "Miko?"
"Victor took out an envelope from his pocket and gave it to me. Inside was a photograph, the person in it appears to be an Asian woman... a real beauty too."
"Miko... Where have I heard that name before?"
v "Her boyfriend thinks she's seeing some other guy... same old sob story. Here's his photo."
"What the? This... is Rocco from that bar yesterday! So that means..."
"This Miko must be that woman Tobias was talking about!"
v "You alright? You look like you're surprised..."
the game you'd be working on mainly would be Heileen 2, but I could ask you to write some remaining part of Bionic Heart (I'm about at 70% through that game completion but still need to write some stuff). Note that I usually tell people what to write but if they want to suggest some events/changes, that's welcome, but not required of course.
As for payment, I pay other writers around $100 per 10k words (can negotiate it depending on your skills etc). If anyone is insterested just PM or email me!
Last edited by jack_norton on Sun May 10, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

Re: Good writer wanted (work for hire)

#2 Post by x__sinister »

I'd be interested in this project(s).
I just recently found out that I really enjoy playwriting.
The formatting is horrifically annoying, but it's a challenging experience nonetheless.

You can see some of my works at http://www.maybeitslupus.deviantart.com.
There's part of a short-story called To Whom It May Concern
and a one-act play named We Are Not Broken.
The rest is just poetry. I would suggest reading the play first, as it's my most recent work.
A literate roleplaying community.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Good writer wanted (work for hire)

#3 Post by jack_norton »

You got a PM 8)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games