Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
Nova

Re: Guestbook

#676 Post by Nova »

And apparently I'll be writing lots of posts as 'Guest'.. whoops..

~ Nova

#677 Post by Guest »

Hello, I'm Ma11ard from Arizona, and the weather's been cloudy(and cooler) lately. :D
I grew up in the US watching and reading Peanuts(Snoopy) and eventually caught on to anime over the years, Simba is probably the first character if I remember correctly.After that, it was speed racer and something like macross?(about spaceships) and Final Fantasy games on the old and SuperNintendos.

Alas, I've been trying to activate my membership but received no e-mail, and not sure if this is the right place to post. I also tried to e-mail Lemma but don't know if my post got through. Any ideas? Anyways, you have a great forum and I might even get caught up in trying to make a Ren'py; at least there's good support here for ideas and fixing bugs.
Have a cool day!

elles

#678 Post by elles »

I just wanted to make my 'own' game. So when I stumble on the forum, it was like finding aladin' cave...simply. I have lots to learn and am quite slow so I probably won't post a lot. But will read a lot! When I make some progress on my ren'ai sort of game I will post some screens in here. See you all.

Eniko
Regular
Projects: Revenant

#679 Post by Eniko »

Hey there, I'm Eniko. I'm a coder, artist and pixel artist, and trying to break into commercial gaming. I'm here because the project I'm on isn't much fun for me (webgames, yuck) and wanted to do some light hobbyist games. Figure I have a better shot at completing a short visual novel than I do a fully fledged RPG or something of the sort.

I'll be starting on something tomorrow, and it'll be yuri since... well, write what you know.

Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

#680 Post by Coatl »

Dalton wrote:
JQuartz wrote:
Ikka wrote:How does a VN look like? :?
VN stands for Verenigde Naties (Dutch: United Nations) so they look like:

Just kidding. You can see popular commercial VN at a lot of sites. Here's one:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_novel
As for those made using renpy you can see them here:http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Ren%27Py_Games
Not only dutch but german as well : Vereinigte Nationen.

But to be honest: A VN is pretty easy to describe: A (usually interactive) story, that uses graphics and music to visualize what is happening at that point in the story.

Follow the links above as they hold a lot of examples
Hey man they even have a Spanish branch that's blessed. Vendita Naciones

deinarious
Regular
Completed: Watashi wa Onigiri, A Day Off, T.M.O.G.E
Projects: None.

#681 Post by deinarious »

Blue Lemma wrote:This board is where you can leave your info and comments for all to read. You can post without registering here, so no excuses! If you want to contact Blue Lemma (the head of the site) directly, please e-mail him at bluelemma@lemmasoft.net :D

What info should you leave?

Name, location, website, comments about Lemma Soft, etc. - The usual!

*Miko grabs the keyboard*
Miko: And if you like mushrooms or not!
*Lily grabs it from Miko*
Lily: And what kind of undies you're wearing! XD
Miko, Yuki, and Mayu: Okay.... o_O;
*Krista grabs it from Lily*
Krista: Promise me you'll sign if you're a cute guy! :wink:
*Blue Lemma grabs it from Krista*
Ooh, all you cute girls sign, too! :D

Mayu: So, in other words, everyone should sign and say whatever the heck they want? :roll:

.... yeah... :oops:

Name is Dei, long name Deinarious, alternative name Cowen. My new location after my move from my mother's house is Oroville, California. I don't have a website, but might get one someday after finally completing a game (hence why I returned to Lemma Soft).

Lemma Soft is awesome. I had some good debates here that shaped my ideals about today and the future (and after the hiatus to become mentally well, I expet to debate much more now!), and I think now in my new coherent state, that Ren'Py will be much easier than Novelty (and less costly on my sorta new computer)
and look forward to eventually churning out an interesting or unique game or two.

Especially now that I have a friend or two to collaborate with, one of whom may be joining this summer (a Python enthusiast).

I'm a Pisces, born in one of the Yin Fire Rabbit years, and I'm an otaku in name and spirit. Favorite visual novels include Brass Restoration, Daemonophilia, Elven Relations, LEAVEs, True Remembrance, and Katawa Shoujo. Other than that, I enjoy roleplay, life and city sims, indie games, Dwarf Fortress, anime, manga, things related to the paranormal and supernatural, the obscure practice of soulbonding done by various otaku on the internet, strategy games, eroge, and almost all forms of music except gospel and country.

My favorite foods (not mushrooms) are Pocky, mild curry, cheese pizza, medium rare cheeseburgers, yerba maté, chai, orange pekoe, espresso, and green tea. I normally do not eat vegetables under most circumstances unprepared, and the same goes for any fruit that isn't an orange.

I'm wearing briefs, not boxers, and I'm fairly cute. Though I have never had a girlfriend due to both an immense shyness around generally anyone attractive, and to numerous rejections (read: five or six; I exaggerate things a lot). And if it counts, while looking mane, I have a strong feminine side, or at least, I act really girly sometimes online and off. I blame my childhood friend for that.

As you can tell, I also share too much information, and I am a very honest person. However, despite being honest doesn't mean I don't lie accidentially, so don't always expect for me to be completely honest. Secrets are a pastime of mine too!

Anyhow, I think this was long enough. God, must have filled up an entire page of the guestbook, ne?

Also, I lol'd at the above post on the UN for no reason.

lorddon
Regular

#682 Post by lorddon »

Name: Jeremy Putnam
What Brings Me Here: I think I found Ren'Py through some random google of "python gaming". I seem to have this knack for finding creative anime communities. (I was involved in the Kisekae scene when people still released dolls on a regular basis and even briefly ran a monthly contest)
What Keeps Me Here: I've been wanting to make a computer game since forever. I found Princess Maker 2 on an Abandonware site way back when and was instantly grabbed by the mechanics and presentation. I want to create a game with those mechanics in a different setting that I hope is equally entertaining.

I've been making my way through a highly recommended Python Programming for beginners book. It's just highly convenient for me that Ren'Py uses Python as its base. I hope to hang around, ask lots of questions and maybe actually finish something. I had a funny idea strike me last night for a short starter game that's a different twist on the genre, which I'm hoping to cut my teeth on. A pregnant girlfriend to take care of, with different resultant children depending on how well you take care of her.
Discipline or Lack - My current projects and my progress on them.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#683 Post by sake-bento »

Great scot, I remember when I was way into making KiSS dolls. That was ages ago...I feel kinda nostalgic now. O:

Welcome to LemmaSoft. ^-^

Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

#684 Post by Coatl »

lorddon wrote:Name: Jeremy Putnam
What Brings Me Here: I think I found Ren'Py through some random google of "python gaming". I seem to have this knack for finding creative anime communities. (I was involved in the Kisekae scene when people still released dolls on a regular basis and even briefly ran a monthly contest)
What Keeps Me Here: I've been wanting to make a computer game since forever. I found Princess Maker 2 on an Abandonware site way back when and was instantly grabbed by the mechanics and presentation. I want to create a game with those mechanics in a different setting that I hope is equally entertaining.

I've been making my way through a highly recommended Python Programming for beginners book. It's just highly convenient for me that Ren'Py uses Python as its base. I hope to hang around, ask lots of questions and maybe actually finish something. I had a funny idea strike me last night for a short starter game that's a different twist on the genre, which I'm hoping to cut my teeth on. A pregnant girlfriend to take care of, with different resultant children depending on how well you take care of her.
Yo nice to meet you. hope I can see more from you.

Poketto Kunoichi
Regular

#685 Post by Poketto Kunoichi »

Name: Nella
What brings me here: I forgot, but I know I was searching for a visual novel maker
What keeps me here: Well, I did want to make a visual novel... And maybe have a career with it.
Comments about Lemma Soft: Wow! I finally have a free software I could use to fulfill one of my life's goals! :D I could use this on my future resume! It's so easy to use, and fun too.

lorddon
Regular

#686 Post by lorddon »

Poketto Kunoichi wrote:Name: Nella
What brings me here: I forgot, but I know I was searching for a visual novel maker
What keeps me here: Well, I did want to make a visual novel... And maybe have a career with it.
Comments about Lemma Soft: Wow! I finally have a free software I could use to fulfill one of my life's goals! :D I could use this on my future resume! It's so easy to use, and fun too.
Awesome, can't wait to see what you can do.
Discipline or Lack - My current projects and my progress on them.

Xino
Regular
Projects: W.I.P. Love Demon

#687 Post by Xino »

Name: Xino
Website: My random art... The name "Xino" was already taken...
What brings me here: I was looking for Otome games in English. Oh boy did I find so much more!
What keeps me here: I can learn to make my own game AND have others test it for me? Oh sweet, chocolaty YES!
Comments about Lemma Soft: Thank you for giving me a reason to live once again as the internet nerd I was destined to be.

Mushrooms: Only on pizza.
Undies: Anything with lace~.
Want something drawn? Just ask~! I love to draw! Free of charge!

I <3 Ctrl+Z

Reminia

#688 Post by Reminia »

Name: Reminia (not my real name)
Age: Just turned 13 about a month ago. I think I'm one of the younger ones here :>
Why I'm here: I found out about Ren'Py a few months ago and I often browse through the forums. But I didn't really bother to sign up then.

Kotarou
Projects: The Tale of Elyse

#689 Post by Kotarou »

*Bows*

Kotarou, hailing from Malaysia. Found out about Ren'Py last year, and have been messing with it a lot. Sometimes I break my games and I forget to save an earlier build... '-'/

Why I'm here? - To get help with my project. I want to learn some techniques to apply to my game.

Please be good to me~

ebonyskies
Regular
Projects: Visit to Nowhere (WIP) and Pet Project--Cat Girl

#690 Post by ebonyskies »

Hello, I'm ebonyskies. :) I've actually been lurking around this site for ages, 'cause VNs caught my attention years ago, and when I searched for a VN maker, Google pointed this way. XD

As for general real life info, I'm 17 and living in the U.S. I'll be heading off to college once school starts back up. =D

But y'anyways, the reason I got an account was that I'm gonna get a bit more involved with the whole VN thing, including making an interactive visual novel of my own, tentatively titled Visit to Nowhere. ^_^ I've fiddled around with ren'py a bit to familiarize myself with it and read a lot through the forums, but chances are I'll need a bit of coding help 'cause I'm gonna wanna attempt customizing the title screen and all that so...just be aware there'll be a noob on the loose. XD

See you all around! =D
Currently in the pre-production stages of creating the VN Visit to Nowhere, a moderately dark modern fairytale. In progress thread will be created once out of the pre-production phase. =D

Plotting: 25%
Concept art: 80%
Demo: 50%