W.I.P. "Love Demon"

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Xino
Regular
Projects: W.I.P. Love Demon

W.I.P. "Love Demon"

#1 Post by Xino »

Hiya, I'm making this post in order to keep myself on track and record how long I work on this project. I will also be using this post to set goals for myself and follow my appointed schedule.

Establish basic idea(s) for the game.

(Goal Completed.)

Characters
Main character: A Succubus-in-training. She needs to go to the human world and master her skills.

Love Interests
Sporty character: A fun loving guy who likes to be active. He has a large family and is a very loving big brother. Sadly he is very dense. Try not to get trapped in the “little sister” category!
---Activity--- Soccer. He always practices before school starts and helps train the younger kids.
Cute character: A guy who looks younger then he is. He uses this to his advantage as much as he can. Don’t underestimate him because of his looks!
---Activity--- Cooking Club. He doesn’t actually participate. He just wants to be surrounded by girls and get free food.
Quiet character: Level-headed and quiet, he avoids others when he can and only talks when he has to. But as long as you don’t give up and take the time to get to know him, you can make yourself known to him.
---Activity--- Crafting. He makes stuffed toys and accessories for them. He doesn’t give them to anyone though.

Obstacles
The Demon Prince: Royalty of the Nether World, he has had his eyes on the Main Character for a long time. No one knows the reason for this and he is constantly getting lectured for it. He doesn’t care about the rules and will do anything to get the main character to himself. He uses his minions to ruin the Main Character’s chances with the human boys.

Current Goals Completed:

--Design Main Characters.
Time Limit: 1 day(Completed in 9 hours)
--Image management.
Images needed for Scenes and BGs: 43
Images needed for characters and NPCs (including expressions): 38
Total images before editing: 81
Time Limit: 24 hours (completed in 16 hours, this includes me going to work. >_>)
--Opening and "Meeting" scripts.(Time Limit Overdue >_< but Completed)
Last edited by Xino on Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Want something drawn? Just ask~! I love to draw! Free of charge!

I <3 Ctrl+Z

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Re: W.I.P. "Love Demon"

#2 Post by Samu-kun »

You're gonna design all the characters in one day??? Whew...

Xino
Regular

#3 Post by Xino »

It's my day off. I'm not gonna cut myself any slack. Maybe I should put "24 hours"...

--Edit-- I have 2 and an outline so far. >_<

I <3 Ctrl+Z

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4 Post by MaiMai »

Ohoho, this sounds like an interesting story!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Xino
Regular

#5 Post by Xino »

Thanks MaiMai~!

Main character designs are completed. Sorry it's kinda lame and I blow at coloring... Right now it's still in the "concept" phase, so changes may come later.

It's early morning here and my house is dark. I keep thinking I'm seeing something out of the corner of my eye... Like a ghost or something... Then I think, "Oh crap... What if it clutches into my leg and drags me off?!"

When I start having thoughts like this I decide it's time to go to bed... So goodnight, er, good morning! I'm off to sleep for a couple hours.

I <3 Ctrl+Z

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

#6 Post by killdream »

Altough I'm not a fan of Otome games, I do like this kind of demon/human (and even more demon/angel) relationship. It's sort of forbidden love and such *-*
Xino wrote:It's early morning here and my house is dark. I keep thinking I'm seeing something out of the corner of my eye... Like a ghost or something... Then I think, "Oh crap... What if it clutches into my leg and drags me off?!"
I often have this feeling when I keep writing/drawing 'till late >.<

Xino
Regular

#7 Post by Xino »

OK, I'm awake again. Time to set the next goal.

I already know the outline for the story and the main characters that I want. I'm now going to sit down and think about how many graphics I need and how many I actually want. BGs are needed while the extra character scenes that I may not need, but would feel better having need to be sorted out...

Next Goal: Image Management.
Time limit: 24 hours.
(I have to work today >_< So I'm giving myself a little extra time on this one.)

--Edit-- Thanks for the post killdream. I like this relationship too. Though I did originally want to have an angel/demon relationship in here to, it would've included a whole other story arc. With what I have planned now I don't want to bite off more then I can chew, ya know? Though it's tempting... So very tempting...

I <3 Ctrl+Z

dstarsboy
Veteran

#8 Post by dstarsboy »

Since when does a "cool" person make accessorize stuffed animals? haha, just kidding. The art is perfect, very cute. I can't wait to see some screenshots. I am not sure I'll play but I'll definitely get my gf to try it out.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

#9 Post by killdream »

dstarsboy wrote:Since when does a "cool" person make accessorize stuffed animals?
* looks at the character expression * maybe he is cool as in 'freezing cool'.

Xino
Regular

#10 Post by Xino »

killdream wrote:
dstarsboy wrote:Since when does a "cool" person make accessorize stuffed animals?
* looks at the character expression * maybe he is cool as in 'freezing cool'.
Good point. Maybe I should change "Cool" to "Quiet"... Thanks for the feedback!

--Edit-- The titles (Sporty, Cute, Cool), are placeholders for the characters names I haven't thought of yet. I don't want to just pick a name randomly without getting to know the character I'm creating first. Does that make sense?

I <3 Ctrl+Z

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by musical74 »

I think so - you want to get a feel for the character, then get a name that fits the personality.

I think the Demon Prince is after the main character because he has the hots for her :P

This is an interesting idea to be sure. I like the fact that you set up a schedule on what needs to be done, keeps you motivated!
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by lepapillonrouge »

xD Aww, this is a little like another game I played...especially the demon prince. But the succubus thing is a cool idea.

-snort- The cool guy...I already have a name I wanna give him. ...Kanji...-pfft- I'm sorry, he's just like Kanji from Persona 4, but looks like the main character of Persona 3, Minato. xD Kanzato, maybe...
Sorry, it's all inside jokes for me. xD

Wow, you work fast. xD I...am amazed. Partially because I've been working on the story for my game and haven't really been working on the art.
deviantART
---------------------

Xino
Regular

#13 Post by Xino »

Just got off work. 3am... Argh...
musical74 wrote:I think the Demon Prince is after the main character because he has the hots for her
Hey, you just may be on to something! Though I kinda want to make it something deeper then just "having the hots" for the main character. Having the "hots" will be plan "B" though. --Giggle--
lepapillonrouge wrote:-snort- The cool guy...I already have a name I wanna give him. ...Kanji...-pfft- I'm sorry, he's just like Kanji from Persona 4, but looks like the main character of Persona 3, Minato. xD Kanzato, maybe...
Ack! Stop that! You're going to imprint that name on my mind! I never played Persona, always wanted to though. But seriously, leave Kanzato's, I mean, the "Quiet" characters name alone for now. >_< I'd like to see your art whenever you do work on it! Hey, is that Judas as your Avi?
Last edited by Xino on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

I <3 Ctrl+Z

Xino
Regular

#14 Post by Xino »

Goal: Image Management.
Completed in 16 hours

After writing down the storyline and arcs I've come to a conclusion.

Images needed for Scenes and BGs: 43
Images needed for characters and NPCs (including expressions): 38

If I've done my math right that will be 81 images in total. Thank god expressions on characters don't involve separate drawings. This also brings me to the conclusion that I need to sort through these ideas and pick out what I need and what I want. Yay editing...

Next Goal: I'm up and awake but I have to go into work. I have another late shift so I'm going to leave the goal empty until I get off tomorrow. So "brainstorming" will be my main focus tonight.

I <3 Ctrl+Z

Angelique

#15 Post by Angelique »

Yay! <3 A new GxB Game! *-*
I like the characters so far. <3 Especially the Demon Prince! *-*
The Quiet character looks like Tsukimori Len (La Corda D'Oro) - I love the tsundere-blue-haired-violin prodigy from the whole series of La Corda D'Oro! xD
The Sporty/Cute character seems awesome, too! <3 I'm excited to see more of your game. x3