W.I.P. "Love Demon"

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Xino
Regular
Projects: W.I.P. Love Demon

Re: W.I.P. "Love Demon"

#16 Post by Xino »

Angelique: Hm, so far that makes his name "Kanzato Len"... But wasn't Len a blond? I always liked the trumpet guy from La Corda.

I'm a little sidetracked right now, killdream just put out a demo and I want to download it and play before work. >_<

Last night I sat down and wrote the opening/prologue, though I wrote it in a regular story format. When I sat down and looked it over I noticed that maybe I should be writing it in a simpler script. Since there will be pictures and expressions for the characters I don't need to describe everything word for word. Still, my story telling habit is a bit hard to break. So here's the next goal.

Next Goal: 3 scripts for the main characters first appearances.
Time limit: Tomorrow morning.

Want something drawn? Just ask~! I love to draw! Free of charge!

I <3 Ctrl+Z

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by lepapillonrouge »

xino: Believe me, it's so worth playing Persona 4. Persona 3 I can't say because I've never played that one. But it took me 5 months to finish because for a while because I could only play on the weekends XD
It's called subliminal messaging. :D Hahahaha~

>D My deviantart is in my signature. >D I'm lazy and don't color, although I should. Ahaha.

Yes it is. Judas is awesome. Actually, I didn't have any other avatars that I made recently, so I just used that one. It's old XD.

Back to the story...
Kanzato Len...>D Actually the fact that the quiet boy sews also reminds me of Zexion from KH2. Because apparently 'he's a domestic type'.

It's all right. Heck, in my story there's a guy who has blue hair too that's quiet...
deviantART
---------------------

Angelique

#18 Post by Angelique »

Shimizu Keiichi and Kaji Aoi are blondes, but len has blue hair x3

Doesn't he look sociable? xDD

It's amazing how fast you are <3

Xino
Regular

#19 Post by Xino »

Angelique wrote:Shimizu Keiichi and Kaji Aoi are blondes, but len has blue hair x3

Doesn't he look sociable? xDD

It's amazing how fast you are <3
HOLY CRAP! It's the Quiet character!! I guess blue hair and gray eyes just go together... Now I feel like I'm on the edge of a copyright battle... Maybe I'll change the hair style.

lepapillonrouge: Leon was my fave. in the first game, I was ecstatic when they made him Judas. KanZEX Len... We're creating a monster... I don't like coloring either... Colors seem to rebel against me and I think I put them together funny.

I just got off work, instead of writing those 3 events I re-wrote the opening, which I'm now happier with. The events are only half-way done... I'll try to have them done before the night is over.

--Edit-- I'm actually itching to draw some event scenes... Sometimes I wonder if I should stop writing and just draw, hehe.

I <3 Ctrl+Z

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#20 Post by musical74 »

It's impressive that you can do this so fast!!

One question, if you know yet...do you have a ballpark idea on how big (or not) this will be? There are some here on dialup that occasionally shy away from bigger games because it takes quite awhile to load!

Keep it up!
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Xino
Regular

#21 Post by Xino »

In the terms of story size, I already have the storyline planned out. It will probably only be 15 short "chapters" long. However, I want to do a lot of Event scenes, as stated in an earlier post, I'm sorting through how many I need and how many I want. It's hard to decide and I find myself wanted to draw in a comic style kind of way.

When it comes down to the file size I have no utter clue. I'm not that computer savvy and I think after planning everything putting it into Renpy will be the hardest part. So sorry to say, I have no idea about the size. I'm trying to make it as small as I can since it's my first time trying this.

I <3 Ctrl+Z

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#22 Post by azureXtwilight »

I'm an otome lover! So I'll support you all the way I can!
You said that you will make 15 chapters!? Wow, how long will this game be?
Like, two hours or more? Wow! Never played a dojin game that long! :mrgreen:

Xino
Regular

#23 Post by Xino »

I love otome games too! That's how I found this website. I was looking for otome games in english. (I've already beaten Yo-Jin-Bo.)

15 "short" chapters. I'm also still editing. I'm trying so hard not to break the "biting off more then you can chew" rule... But there's just so much I want to do with it. >_< Argh, I have to control myself. I may try to edit it down to 10 chapters.

---I actually just got Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires. Oh the sweet sweet character customization! I'm also working to marry Cao Pi. <3---

I <3 Ctrl+Z

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#24 Post by azureXtwilight »

Oh, if you release the game later, don't be more than 100 mb, okay? I can't seem to hold it because of dial-up problems... Damn that speedy account...

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by lepapillonrouge »

xino: YES! Leon fans~
That's sorta the reason why I went for Leon first in Fantasia...XD

xD Yes, yes we are. XD Oh, and I did I mention that he also looks like the Vocaloid Kaito XD?
So he's now Kanzexzato Kailen XD XD XD Just kidding.
xD Ugh, coloring. T_T; I think I would prefer markers.

Yo-Jin-Bo...Hey, I bought that game too.
Personally, the ninja boy should've been available!
He is in the PS2 version. T_T;
deviantART
---------------------

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#26 Post by MaiMai »

lepapillonrouge wrote: Yo-Jin-Bo...Hey, I bought that game too.
Personally, the ninja boy should've been available!
He is in the PS2 version. T_T;
Otome for the win. adsf;lkd You have that game!? I'm so jealous TAT
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Lyyli
Regular

#27 Post by Lyyli »

Wow, it's so fun seeing more otome games here! (I also love otome games to death x3)
Your game really sounds like fun <3
I do wonder what the heroines personality will be like?

Oh, your lucky! I'm still waiting for Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires! I want to marry Ling Tong <3 When I heard that you could marry in that game my interest for the game reached the peak!
Meep.

Xino
Regular

#28 Post by Xino »

Limit is 100mb! Will do! If it becomes any larger then that I'll make a 'Diet Version' just for you, Azure, hehe.

Rouge: Stop adding things to it! We're gonna end up with a Frankenstein!! >_< I'm totally redoing his hair style... I went for Gil because I have a thing for green haired guys. (After I get Cain and virtually grope him, Raven is next! Wha ha ha ha!!)

I downloaded Yo-Jin-Bo from online. Yo was my favorite! He was so cute!! But yes, it was a crime Kasumimaru was only on the PS2 version. I've been looking for the cut scenes on youtube.com but I haven't been able to find them.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the heroine. Since she has her own look, should she have her own personality? Or should I leave that totally up to the player? So far I have been writing it in a first person view...

I <3 Ctrl+Z

Xino
Regular

#29 Post by Xino »

Goal Time!
I already finished those scripts for the first meetings, though I didn't make the deadline of this morning because I slept in... For shame... But now I have to go to work, so I'm setting my next goal.

Next Goal:
Design opening Event BGs.
Total needed: 4
Total wanted: 7
Time Limit: Tomorrow morning by 10am
See you all after Midnight~!

I <3 Ctrl+Z

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

#30 Post by killdream »

Xino wrote:I'm having a bit of trouble with the heroine. Since she has her own look, should she have her own personality? Or should I leave that totally up to the player? So far I have been writing it in a first person view...
I like characters that have their own personality and so, even if it's the main character. Altough it may be easier to relate yourself with the MC if they're more up to the player, but way too hollow characters aren't very good IMO.

And you really work fast *-* I should learn up a bit with you and go finish one of my projects instead of working in so many at once i.i

Persona 3 is a really great game, sort of a dugeon crawler/rpg/dating sim. I didn't liked much the yellow-ish layout from Persona 4, and they replaced the evokers for glasses, even though guns were better .-.