A game

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: A game

#2 Post by MaiMai »

Just did a quick run through and here's my two cents:

I'm really not sure what you're trying to make the main character achieve. Plot aside, it seems that English isn't your first language, so that's forgivable, but even for the English part, it was hard to tell what was trying to be conveyed. This probably isn't my type of game, but overall I think you did well with the coding and what not.

Graphic wise.... I'm sorry, but the fuzzy pictures of RL people just really bugged me. It's not so much that they were RL-- I just don't like fuzzy pictures. :/

Overall, I think it would be better if you gave a brief summary of what your game is about and what should be achieved in the game. To be honest, I was disappointed when I played through this.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#3 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

I really think such an irresponsibly offensive game should attempt to be funnier. It's kinda hard to tell if those comments are supposed to be jokes or your real opinions. It was also hard to stay interested I was just like, "oh, the main character killed someone. okay then..." It's also very repetitive. I found myself just hold skip through most of the gameplay. Btw. when it shows the text
"A brand new morning"
was that supposed to be the good end?
"I know that I have blood on me. I know because I see it here. the things i've done are not to be condoned nor praised."
-Aiya, daughter of Raik II
Castle of Arhannia- slowly progressing. script 60% art 5% music 0% minigame 90%

Alex

#4 Post by Alex »

Thanks for comments.
First of all, its not an opinion or style of life.
Next, I`m neither an artist nor a textwriter, even not a programer. This was the only story I had then. So, I tryed to do something to practice. It`s just a silly game about nothing. Yes, English isn`t my first language, Russian is. The graphics... yes, some hours with photoshop.
But, how do you think, the ability to change language during the game - is it useful?

P.S. the good end is when all the baddies are punished...)

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#5 Post by MaiMai »

Alex wrote:Thanks for comments.
First of all, its not an opinion or style of life.
Next, I`m neither an artist nor a textwriter, even not a programer. This was the only story I had then. So, I tryed to do something to practice. It`s just a silly game about nothing. Yes, English isn`t my first language, Russian is. The graphics... yes, some hours with photoshop.
But, how do you think, the ability to change language during the game - is it useful?

P.S. the good end is when all the baddies are punished...)
It's probably just me, but I barely could tell that there was a story at all. I'm not asking for complete shiny graphics and whatnot knowing that not all of us are artists, but there could have been a lot more effort into the writing and story even if it's barely about anything.

As for the ability to change the language, yes that's useful.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#6 Post by Enerccio »

What is this?

I ask again.
What is this?

I just finished whole game with all endings. What is the point?
I see no story at all! Not single one. Just random events with racist ends.
It's worse than any flash on newgrounds, sorry.

Ugh.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#7 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

A little bug: seems that Mr. Alex has oversighted that Linux OS is case-sensitive, and the game crash at the very beginning with this obvious error:

Code: Select all

Exception: Couldn't find file 'frame.png'.
The quick fix was simply an immediate ln -s , creating a frame.png symlink; nothing difficult (at least for me :mrgreen: ) but I should point that Ren'py developers can and should be aware of these little differences in file handling between different OS...

Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

dstarsboy
Veteran

#8 Post by dstarsboy »

Maybe if you're just testing crap out in Ren'Py and didn't spend alot of time on story and art that you should post this in the "general discussion" forum instead of "completed games" forum and say something like, "How do you like my real-time translation effect". This may negate alot of the bad feedback from people who play your game and expect it to be a polished and completed product. Just a thought.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Alex

#9 Post by Alex »

dott.Piergiorgio: Oops, I didn`t know that. Windows don`t show an error, so I overlook the mistake in filename... :oops:

dstarsboy: Oh, I see - next time I will do.

Thank you...))

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#10 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

#11 Post by Guest »

What the fuck is this!?... I mean no (visible) story, just full racist ends and... and... who am I kidding... THIS IS A FU**ING BRILLIANT GAME!!!
How did I foresee that? (For the record, I never actually played this game yet. Will soon, if only for the sake of possibly being pleasantly surprised or something.)

Alphonse
Regular

#12 Post by Alphonse »

^^^ Oops, sorry, that was me.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#13 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alex

#14 Post by Alex »

Khm, buy a cool car...)) :oops:

dstarsboy
Veteran

#15 Post by dstarsboy »

I finally tried this game... while I'm not gonna stamp any seals of approval on here, I was pretty surprised at the effects that you did (panaramic scene in the market, map view, popup chars, etc). And I did find myself laughing at how outwardly racist some of the scenes were. LOL. I give it one thumb up! :)
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus