Love Plus

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
War Minus

Love Plus

#1 Post by War Minus »

I heard about this upcoming DS game on TinyCartridge, and after following the breadcrumbs I must say I like what I see!

After all, love doesn't last forever just because it's confirmed, you've gotta work at it to keep it going! In the words on one of the posts at TC, it's like Animal Crossing, but without the weeding!
What else... seasonal outfits, some semblance of voice chat, stylus caressing (it's so not like Doki^2, really!), name calling (the girls call you by one of several preset names, similar to the EVS in Tokimemo 2...) and some other things that don't come to mind.

Has anyone else come across this yet?

To Kasumi-sensei and Moe-sempai: forgive me for Nene catching my eyes, but everyone knows you can't deny the oneechan....

GLACIER
Regular

Re: Love Plus

#2 Post by GLACIER »

It looks interesting.

However, I'm not sure if the virtual girlfriend design appeals to me. With only three characters, it could get old and tedious pretty fast, regardless of the bells and whistles they include.

Poketto Kunoichi
Regular

#3 Post by Poketto Kunoichi »

Never heard of it, but it looks... Interesting. xD If they tell me more about the plot, I might consider buying it if it comes out in English.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

Poketto Kunoichi wrote:...I might consider buying it if it comes out in English.
It's been years since Tokimemo began. Years in which actual non-H ren'ai games have become available in English, and even on consoles. And the closest we've gotten to an official translation was an odd little PSP game which was only vaguely similar. So yeah, I don't expect a pro translation of LovePlus.

The best example of a "virtual girlfriend/boyfriend" (in the "virtual pet" sense) in English would be two programs called V-Girl and V-Boy. I just checked their official websites, and they require advanced cellphones -- 2.5 G minimum, 3G recommended.
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#5 Post by Enerccio »

Got it today, it is simply AMAZING!
Rinko is MY waifu!
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU