WIP// Ironic Twist

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Adoxographist
Regular

WIP// Ironic Twist

#1 Post by Adoxographist »

Hello to all! I feel that after about a month of working on my GxB Visual Novel project, I ought to make myself a forum, you know.

The project, as one might imply, is called "Ironic Twist", which is kind of strange, because so far in my writing, there aren't very many twists, and I don't think I'm quite good enough a writer to have true irony. Hmm... I guess the title in itself is ironic? The VN is split into two parts, the first playing more like dating sim, and the second moving into a more standard visual novel gameplay.

Synopsis
The story follows a young girl of about fifteen, who, on her way to her grandmother's is invited into a mysterious house in the woods. Although it may be an inadvisable decision, she decides to stay the night, only to discover that she trapped via a curse and cannot leave the house. Luckily for her, there are four males in the house to keep her company. Will she ever find a way to escape? Or maybe she'll find that it's not so bad after all...

Characters
At first I put the quotes in just to demonstrate the character's speech patterns, but if you actually do feel like asking a character a question regarding anything in particular, I think I would enjoy that very much.

The Main Character (You!)
You are around fifteen years old, and female (this part is important). You tend to be a bit blunt, and you are most often rude, but if you are treated with kindness, you will act nicely in turn.
Sprite will be made later.

Lowell
Lowell is a boy who is about the same age as you. He has really bad fashion sense (Sorry, my taste in clothes is really bad, so my characters are unfashionable too), but he has good tastes in books. He's got an abrupt, cold personality and tends to hold slightly elitist views. It seems as though he doesn't really like anyone, and constantly thinks that people are doing things for the sole purpose of pissing him off. He often wears a stupid looking hat, but according to him, he doesn't like it very much at all.
Lowell wrote:Hunh? What is this? Oh, an introduction. It looks like most of what you need to know about me is up there so don't ask me any questions.
Lucien
Even if he doesn't look it, Lucien is Lowell's older brother. He's seventeen years old, and since he's the oldest in the house takes responsibility for all the housework. He seems to behave in a brotherly way towards the main character, and always appears to act kindly, yet despite all of this, he seems to be the most disliked person in the house. How can this be possible?
Lucien wrote:A whole section to myself? I'm really very flattered. I hope that this introduction has given you enough information about me, but if you still have any questions feel free to ask.
Kay
At thirteen years of age, Kay is the youngest member of the household. He is optimistic and enthusiastic, with a habit of hiding under beds. He instantly warms up to the main character, though he still seems distant to the other household members.
Kay wrote:Woah, woah, woah! What's this... All these words, they're about me?! This is pretty cool, but I think mine is a bit short... I think I should get more words, don't you? Maybe there should be stuff about what I like, like... I like dandelions a lot, and I think clouds are pretty swell too. Are you writing this down?
A Monster
In reality, this fellow is not a monster at all, but due to his extreme inferiority complex, he refers to himself in that way. Not much is known about him, but this young man appears to be confined to the basement. He is more than often depressed and does not appear to smile frequently. He speaks with a slight stutter, and tends to very repetitive. Why is it that he is stuck in the basement anyway?
The Monster wrote:Ahh... Th-this... What is this? Why is this here? What is this... I-I... I don't know... don't know.
Progress
[30%] Script
[80%] Sprites
[0%] CGs
[0%] Backgrounds
[0%] Music
So far I seem to be doing okay, there are definitely some kinks I'm trying to work out in the script, and I should definitely get started on my search for backgrounds and music, but I feel like I'm making pretty good progress.
Last edited by Adoxographist on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: WIP// Ironic Twist

#2 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Lowell-kun is so very approved by moi. And so is the main character.

xD Thank goodness more GxB games are being made.
deviantART
---------------------

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#3 Post by azureXtwilight »

lepapillonrouge wrote:Lowell-kun is so very approved by moi. And so is the main character.

xD Thank goodness more GxB games are being made.
Aiiyah, agrees! Like I said this is otome season XD
Your art looks good! This will be in my wanna-get list!

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#4 Post by Deji »

I love your characters so far <3
I'm looking forward to this! :D
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

ebonyskies
Regular
Projects: Visit to Nowhere (WIP) and Pet Project--Cat Girl

#5 Post by ebonyskies »

Very nice character designs, and I am totally thrilled to see another GxB game being made. ^_^ Best of luck! =D
Currently in the pre-production stages of creating the VN Visit to Nowhere, a moderately dark modern fairytale. In progress thread will be created once out of the pre-production phase. =D

Plotting: 25%
Concept art: 80%
Demo: 50%

dstarsboy
Veteran

#6 Post by dstarsboy »

Wow, there is alot of GxB games recently. This one looks great, I love your art style. Can we see what the main char looks like?
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Xino
Regular
Projects: W.I.P. Love Demon

#7 Post by Xino »

I love the monster, he's so cute!
Want something drawn? Just ask~! I love to draw! Free of charge!

I <3 Ctrl+Z

Polaris

#8 Post by Polaris »

ADOXOGRAPHIST, je have come to visit you and your game. :'D

I am looking forward to it.

BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW, for I have already told you.

MON FRIEND. :'D

semewelamb
Regular

#9 Post by semewelamb »

I was just pursuing through and had to make a comment about how excited I am about your game. I also love the character artwork you put up. Keep up the good work.

Adoxographist
Regular

#10 Post by Adoxographist »

@ Lepapillonrouge - I'm glad you approve! Yeah, I figured that there really weren't all too many GxB games... Haha, I think for my next project I'd make a BxG game, but I'm trying not to plan too far ahead. After all, you never know what's going to happen!

@ AzureXtwilight, Deji, Ebonyskies and Semewelamb - Thank all so much for your kind words! It really encourages me to work even harder on this game!

@ Dstarsboy - I'd really love to show you what she looks, but I haven't got a design yet... Which is why I mentioned earlier that the sprite would be made later. Once I do figure it out, I'll be sure to post!

@Xino - Haha, thank you so much!

@ Polaris - POLARIS. I enjoy your company. Your capslock and your amitié. Thank you very much for stopping by, because you have very quick searching skills.

Angelique

#11 Post by Angelique »

Your art looks great! <3
Lucien looks handsome, but so does Lowell. xD I think Kay is a cutie! :3
The main character's personality seems interesting, so I'm curious what she'll look like. *-*

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#12 Post by sake-bento »

Nice. The art is clean, but attractive. And Lowell totally looks like my type. XD Looking forward to this.

M.C
Regular

#13 Post by M.C »

Lucian reminds me of Aidou Sempai from VK desu~ :oops:
ImageImage

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#14 Post by Midnighticequeen »

I love the story idea, it seems so interesting, plus it's a GxB, which is an extra bonus. Your character art is so cute! I wish I could draw boys that good, I can't wait to see how this project turns out. Keep up the good work please.

Adoxographist
Regular

#15 Post by Adoxographist »

Fffff it's been a while since I last posted here.
DON'T WORRY, THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'VE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE PROJECT. I actually worked on it a lot over the summer OUO!

I just... ummm... forgot this forum existed. *coughs*

Anyway, progress is going pretty good, I'm practically done writing the first portion of the game. Still haven't done anything about backgrounds and music though... Still need to get to that. I don't really want to draw CGs until I finish writing the script though, so of course there's no real progress going on with that. I might remake the sprites, but everything is still kind of fuzzy to me right now. I don't want to push anything since this is my first project.

HOPEFULLY I DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOU GUYS AGAIN, but chances of me frequently keeping you guys posted is going to be a bit limited, seeing as I now have some school business to attend to.