Official VN Announcement (no, its not Duke Nukem Forever)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

Official VN Announcement (no, its not Duke Nukem Forever)

#1 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Hello all,

I'm sure your quite interested in what this is all about. So I'll get down to it. 3 years ago I stumbled upon an idea for a VN. As some of you may recall, it was called "Crossover". The idea was a bit flawed, but again, what isn't (much less flawed then the new Transformers >_>). Three years, 5 surguries, and 2 grades later...I am proud to announce the tentatively titled VN "Crossover: Part 1". It will follow the same storyline as the original idea, and is already in productions. And this time we have a "not-so-flakey" artist. Now, some of you have seen her work before in "Destiny Earth". I know it got a few bashes however, most of it was MY fault. (I.E. poorly cropped or completely uncropped characters). However, her artwork has gotten far better in these past few years and I feel secure in the fact that she will be the lead character artist for this endeavor. With that said, she has a small statement which she wants me to include...So here it is...

From Sayume:
"Hiya everyone ! ^^ I am the artist ! I truly hope you enjoy this game we'll be releasing. We hope to meet to your expectations, & have fun ! Also, if you would like to contact me, contact me at ; AznPersuaznnn@yahoo.com. Thank you !"

Please feel free to e-mail me as well at leehitsugaya@yahoo.com. To recap, I am pleased to publicly announce "Crossover" for the Ren'Py Visual Novel engine and cannot wait to hear your feedback in this thread.

Sincerely,
-Steven Samuels
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Visual Novel forums

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rekzs0.png

lies!

Re: Official VN Announcement (no, its not Duke Nukem Forever)

#2 Post by lies! »

Uh...hi! Would you mind expanding on your plot a little, like with a summary or character profiles? (Some of us weren't here three years ago >_< and others may have forgotten.)
Or, if you have a website or have posted a thread previously, can you link back to it?
Anyway, good luck to you.
Also...5 surgeries...That's a lot. I hope you've recovered well.

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#3 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Okay ever since I was a kid I always imagined what it would be like to be "inside" an anime/manga. Although hey, what kid DIDN'T? Also some kids (also like me) dreamed of a world where dreams came true, and maybe thought of crossing different shows, just to see what the different characters would do.

So I created a story called "Crossover". It's kinda confusing but I'll try to explain. One day, a kid see's a man stealing a book and runs through a portal. The kid follows and is teleported to a world where all the fiction of our world becomes their reality. Every word, has a meaning. However the portal wipes his memory clean.

Meanwhile the bad guy (Andromeda) wants to kill all humans. In the story she was in her parents were killed and she was supposed to become a savior, however the story was never finished, and the death of her parents corrupted her so she became evil and hated the humans for what they did.

Now there are 3 kinds of "races" in this world. The "originals". These people were created through human writings and now have their own sentience. They can create other ideas and make them become reality. Want a car? Boom. It appears. What a brother/sister? boom. he/she appears.

The "imaginates" are those created by "originals". They have sentience inless the "originals" take control of them to do a certain task. However they are not given the ability to create other things.

And finally there are the "devols" these beings are still being created on paper, and their actions are souly controlled by the creator of them in the real world. "devols" only come from human writings and eventually become "originals".

Now to continue the storyline...

Your character meets "Angel". An imaginate created by Andromeda. When Andromeda learns that Angel has found another human, she forces Angel to lead you into a trap.

So much for happily ever after.
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Kazuhisa
Projects: Small Sci-fi VN

#4 Post by Kazuhisa »

Sounds pretty interesting. So I'm guessing Andromeda is a devol or is she an original? I mean she can create an imaginate, but her story wasn't finished right? Bleh, now I'm just confusing myself.

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#5 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Andromeda is an Original, because her writer quit writing her story.