The Game -Chapter One-

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
undertone09

The Game -Chapter One-

#1 Post by undertone09 »

Title: The Game -Chapter One-
Download Windows: http://depositfiles.com/files/p7i99t3wz
Download Mac:
Download Linux:
Hardware Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 7, Whatever Mac uses, same for Linux
Rating: 17+ for violence, suggestive content, language.
Playtime: 15 minutes
Release Date: July 11, 2009
Sypnopsis: What if you were forced to participate in a fight to the death against people from school? What if you found out that your parents allowed it? This is the case for 20 students now trying to survive and be the last one standing.
Website: This is where I will host it eventually after I get everything set up: http://www.undertone09.webs.com

Somebody

Re: The Game -Chapter One-

#2 Post by Somebody »

I'm sorry... but I think the idea is almost the same as Battle Royale...

Tsuki-chan
Regular
Projects: How to Be a Successful Villain

#3 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Of course, the idea is not unique (the idea of Battle Royale itself being either directly derived from, or derived from something else that was derived from, an old short story titled 'The Most Dangerous Game'), but I've never come across a visual novel utilizing it.
Last edited by Tsuki-chan on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V2Blast
Regular

#4 Post by V2Blast »

I await a Mac link.
Pie is delicious.

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Wintermoon »

Tsuki-chan wrote:Of course, the idea is not unique (the idea of Battle Royale itself being either directly derived from, or derived from something else that was derived from, an old short story title 'The Most Dangerous Game'), but I've never come across a visual novel utilizing it.
I don't see the connection. People being forced to fight each other to the death is a timeless idea. It was ancient when the Romans had their gladiator fights, which actually happened. It is not, however, an idea that appears in 'The Most Dangerous Game' (which had a completely different scenario: one armed man hunting one unarmed man for sport).

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#6 Post by Aashtarsrain »

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure Eve hit Adam with that apple too, but what would be more interesting is some kind of a review... :cry: Seems I just can't download it from this link, though I'd like to have a look at it. :wink:

Tsuki-chan
Regular
Projects: How to Be a Successful Villain

#7 Post by Tsuki-chan »

Wintermoon wrote:I don't see the connection. People being forced to fight each other to the death is a timeless idea. It was ancient when the Romans had their gladiator fights, which actually happened. It is not, however, an idea that appears in 'The Most Dangerous Game' (which had a completely different scenario: one armed man hunting one unarmed man for sport).
Actually, come to think of it, you're right...xDD;
I suppose I can see why my mind immediately connected 'man hunting man' to 'group of people fighting each other to the death for some else's amusement'. Regardless, though, there actually is a host of movies with the latter theme, one of which being (aside from Battle Royale) The Condemned.

steve

#8 Post by steve »

its a good beginning but wouldn't this be more towards a demo than a chapter? Its pretty short.

undertone09

#9 Post by undertone09 »

I forgot the mac/linux link. Those will be included in the final release. The final release includes a newly designed interface (see file) and the first chapter. I realized that I should just go ahead and make the whole frickin thing since people seem to not want it released in chapters.
Thanks for the feedback.

AND I think you will all like where I head immediately after the first afternoon. Or during it. It scared the shit out of me while writing it.

Not only is the main menu redesigned (fully custom (thank you Sanya for the help)) but I have also added a music room, a custom dialouge box, and some other cool shit.

I am currently on Day 1 Night.
Attachments
final frame WITH transparency
final frame WITH transparency
final menu
final menu

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#10 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

I don't see the connection. People being forced to fight each other to the death is a timeless idea. It was ancient when the Romans had their gladiator fights, which actually happened. It is not, however, an idea that appears in 'The Most Dangerous Game' (which had a completely different scenario: one armed man hunting one unarmed man for sport).
I was to post the same (with more direct knowledge, being only 230 Km from the Urbs and also having the priviledge & Honour of my birth certificate having the header "Comune di Roma - S.P.Q.R.".....

So i limit myself to saying that one of the major venues of this "sport" is still standing, but I guess this is more than well-known..

Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

Alphonse
Regular

#11 Post by Alphonse »

Damn it! I wanted to be the one to make a game called "The Game", for the sole purpose of causing people to lose The Game (if you don't know about The Game, go to "losethegame.com". To put it shortly, if you think about The Game, you lose.) But still...damn. And I just lost and I was having a winning streak too!

Well, I can still make a comic called The Game.

I must remember to play this when I get home from vacation as this isn't my computer. Even though I've heard the concept a lot before, I've never heard of it done with...school. And why do their parents allow this again?! I mean, wouldn't it make sense if their parents didn't know the whole truth or something? Or if they didn't know at all?

undertone09

#12 Post by undertone09 »

Alphonse wrote:Damn it! I wanted to be the one to make a game called "The Game", for the sole purpose of causing people to lose The Game (if you don't know about The Game, go to "losethegame.com". To put it shortly, if you think about The Game, you lose.) But still...damn. And I just lost and I was having a winning streak too!

Well, I can still make a comic called The Game.

I must remember to play this when I get home from vacation as this isn't my computer. Even though I've heard the concept a lot before, I've never heard of it done with...school. And why do their parents allow this again?! I mean, wouldn't it make sense if their parents didn't know the whole truth or something? Or if they didn't know at all?
Oh I am QUITE familiar with "the game". Damn internet. But about the parents. That is explained.

Now, an update. I have finished the first day!
Only six more to go!
I should probably move this thread somewhere else...cause I keep bumping it...

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=5489
New Thread

V2Blast
Regular

#13 Post by V2Blast »

Damn you, Alphonse! *shakes fist angrily* :evil:

Bah, I suppose I'll have to wait until the final release, then.
Pie is delicious.