Bionic Heart - released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ameet

Re: Bionic Heart - released!

#16 Post by ameet »

awesome! thanks jack!

#17 Post by Guest »

Hey, your game was posted on a Japanese site! http://guideline.livedoor.biz/archives/51291553.html

I thought it was awesome! XD

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#18 Post by jack_norton »

Ah yes saw that a few hours ago :) No clue what they say about it though :mrgreen: But indeed, manga+scifi+romance=japan!
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#19 Post by sake-bento »

Most of them are very surprised that VNs are becoming popular in the west. There are a few art critiques. Most like it. One person thinks the girls are too muscular. Some have played the demo and they think it's really cool. One person says he needs to learn English now so he can play it. And one guy says that the name "Luke" is like Luke from Star Wars.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by jack_norton »

LOL well girls too muscular probably, compared to the classic thin, weak ones you see on pure manga art (my artist does more a mix with american comics I believe).
About the name & Star Wars, <spoiler>
in the ending where you go to Mars, Luke has his name changed into Lucas Walker, my small personal homage to George Lucas, father of Star Wars.
oh and thanks for the translation BTW! 8)
computer games

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#21 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:D Thanks for the tips ! And about your game, it's now obvious for those who have played it that a legend is born !

ameet

#22 Post by ameet »

Hi Jack. Hmmm... maybe I got the best ending already, but I'm still missing one ending:
I'm missing the last ending on the second page of the gallery... after "not an illusion". I followed the instructions you gave... it led me to where it asks, "Do you love Tanya" or "Do you love Helen"... but I got those two endings...

Not a big deal. I'm just curious about that last ending. Such a great story. 8)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by jack_norton »

Ah no, you need to
hide in the wardrobe, when the robots enter your house. If you pickup your gun and go help Tanya you can't get that ending. You need to examine wardrobe and hide inside it and then if you have the right values (as you should be) you'll see the "Happy Ending" :)
computer games

dstarsboy
Veteran

#24 Post by dstarsboy »

I bought this game, thanks for the 30% off. I liked the voice acting quite a bit (there is ALOT of dialog, kudos to your voice actors) and the choices all seemed very meaningful (not alot of fluff like in other games). The idea about letting the character wander around and investigate areas was very well done, although it seemed a little restrictive about what I could do in that mode that actually changes parts of the story (however, it was very informative about the current state of the world in that mode, so maybe that was it's main point).

Altogether a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work Jack.

What's your next project?
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by jack_norton »

Well I have a couple WIP thread around here:
- Cardsweethearts which is being made together with PyTom (poker engine) that is a VN+dating sim+poker sim. Won't be for everyone, especially women, but I think will be fun.
- Heileen 2 which is more for the female public even if males could find interesting to see some lesbian love with Heileen and Ebele ;)
- Flower Shop written by sake-bento and art by Deji that is a dating sim and (if I manage to) a farm simulation, male protagonist but I think will be fun even for girls to play
- and a couple of non-renpy related games, a RPG/Dungeon crawler game and a Risk clone (this last one is almost finished).
computer games

dstarsboy
Veteran

#26 Post by dstarsboy »

Ah, now I remember, I'm following those first 3 games very closely but I forgot that you were spearheading them. Thanks.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by jack_norton »

The game got reviewed on the indie website "Gametunnel", and got silver award (not that I care since the ranking on that site seems to be inversed to the game success! Spirited Heart was on bottom place in May games of the month). But still I noticed the reviewer wrote:
The dialogue is decently written, but it can be a little stiff sometimes, and there are a few grammatical errors that stand out pretty harshly. Overall, though, these definitely don't ruin the experience.
Ugh... I thought there weren't any big grammatical error on this one! (and nobody complained about it, I only remember Hanako telling me). Well anyway new games are totally written by english writers or fixed by proofreaders (like sake-bento for example) so they should be ok! :mrgreen:
computer games

dstarsboy
Veteran

#28 Post by dstarsboy »

It was really good, there was some places where you could have used more slang to give it a bit more realism instead of proper sentence structure. But really the English was quite good.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks, then it was the usual "since the author is not english, for sure he made some mistakes, let's put it in the review just to fill up the amount of words needed for the review to be published" :mrgreen:
computer games

Ren

#30 Post by Ren »

Or perhaps they genuinely thought what they said. The things they wrote didn't seem harsh at all, so I don't see why their comment should be dismissed as something to reach the article's word amount.