Ren'Ai Studio Project ...abandoned ._.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Tage
Regular

#46 Post by Tage »

BOO! :lol:

Someone ( ::points at Megaman Z:: ) brought me out of my cave. I swear... People these days... :evil: :lol: Funny what one little PM can achieve. P=

Sorry about the absence! I have had the worst year of my life! (And 4 consecutive colds or so did NOT help...I STILL have a cough) It's going to get a lot less stressful next Wednesday when college classes are over. I will continue this project, but it will take me some time to get used to programming again and to reread what I've already programmed (to understand it). Not to mention go over all the new versions of Ren'Py...great job PyTom, keep up the great work. n.n

Everyone had nice theories :P , but the truth of my absence is nothing more than a troubled life. :roll: I had to learn my personal limits, and the process has cost me a lot of trust and happiness. But, oh well. Nothing I can do about it now. Well, please excuse me now while I go play all the NaNoReNo games. They all look great from the previews! n.n

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#47 Post by Megaman Z »

The next step would be to find an email address...

also, L. Zeta's kinda out cold on the floor, here... you scared the $*!+ out of him...

(glad to have you back, BTW.)

[I don't feel like making a new post to explain what happened here to the girl below me] pretty much, Tage went "AWOL" for about a couple months... If you wanna know about it, read the 2nd and 3rd pages of this thread...
Last edited by Megaman Z on Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kitsune Zeta

Beta

#48 Post by Beta »

umm... is there something going on here between Tage and Zeta that I don't know about?

RedSlash
Veteran

#49 Post by RedSlash »

He's back!!!! Call the search party off......

Welcome back!

darkknight
Veteran

#50 Post by darkknight »

I am all the way up on the moon AND NOW YOU COME BACK.....maybe i can hitch-hike back or something....
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#51 Post by mikey »

Welcome back! :P

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by Megaman Z »

darkknight wrote:I am all the way up on the moon AND NOW YOU COME BACK.....maybe i can hitch-hike back or something....
umm... how did you... nevermind, I don't want to know
~Kitsune Zeta

Beta
Regular

#53 Post by Beta »

how's it coming, tage-san? (just curious... Zeta's been talking about making a ren'py game, and I think this would help him quite a bit... if he gets an artist for it...)

Tage
Regular

#54 Post by Tage »

:cry:

I have to close this project, and by the time I feel that I might want to do it again...something better will probably be created already. I've tried to restart it, but it's just way too much of a hassle for me right now. I know projects like these die all the time, and I completely apologize for me even announcing it. I was very serious about the project when I announced it. It's killing my conscience right now, and I just can't deal with it anymore. If you cast me into the fire or flame me, I probably deserve it. I really can't apologize enough. Although, I think it's bugging me a whole lot more than it will bug you if I close it...but that's aside the point. I announced a very young project, and that is probably #1 on the list of amateur mistakes (if there is one).

Even though it may not mean anything to you...it might be interesting to know just WHY this project hasn't gone anywhere. So...here's the background story of my life leading up to this project dying:

I was homeschooled from 5th grade through to the end of highschool. I lost touch with all my friends, but not just because of homeschooling. I had moved to Harker Heights, Texas right after I started homeschooling. This was 9-10 years ago when it was not as developed as they say it is -becoming- now. There was 1 street of commercial businesses, a few streets of neighborhoods, 1 tiny library, 1 local video rental store, 1 4th run theater (I swear it was), and my family was the only asian population in the city most likely...there was NO one around my age, and my neighbors were all racist. The people my parents rented our house from had our neighbors on the left side spy on us. Did I mention there was not even a Wal-mart? No Burger King, no nothing. You had to travel half an hour to get to those kind of things. My house was haunted (I swear it was also) because crazy stuff kept happening in the middle of the night. Yes, I'm getting to a point. This made me secluded. I essentially had NO friends. I had kept in contact with 1 friend over the internet -every other- week. He convinced me to play EverQuest. This started my addiction to MMORPGs. It became my life. A fantasy world where I could actually interact with people again. I had friends again. Then one day...they just stopped playing. I lost everything again. I quit the game after another year of playing. Then I moved back to my original hometown. It had been EIGHT years without any human social interaction for me. We got in contact with eachother again. (Two completely different people by this time.) We hung out a couple times and then stopped. He never called me. And then I discovered ren'ai games. They filled this deep empty spot in my soul. My emotions could be expressed through a computer game character. I could make friends in the game. I could fall in love in the game. Then I came across lemmasoft.net and then ren'py. I LOVED the idea of expressing my own emotions in my own game. This made me want to contribute back to the community. I started this project. It was the only hobby I had. I had no friends to hang out with. I essentially had nothing else to do. It was going smoothly until I got a call from my friend. He was playing World of Warcraft. At this point...striving to keep any friends I could, I started up playing another MMORPG... This reopened my addiction and took ALL my time. I started failing college classes. Now I'm playing catch up in college, and playing World of Warcraft in my spare time. I need to concentrate on college right now, but I can't break this MMORPG addiction. So...this project is closed. I don't want anymore people to expect this program from me because I most likely cannot deliver for you anymore. I'm not feeling too great right now either. A cat I had befriended just died, and my dog is also getting old. :? So there's the story of my miserable life in a nutshell.

Good luck with all your projects. :( And again, I'm VERY sorry for how this turned out. Have fun.

bookie
Veteran

#55 Post by bookie »

Another one's fallen to WoW huh? I hope that in college you'll be able to get a more sturdy base of people around you and your problems will be eased up a little. Don't worry about cancelling the project, your life is a little more important than a hobby.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#56 Post by mikey »

Tage wrote:I announced a very young project, and that is probably #1 on the list of amateur mistakes
It probably is. But it's still better to cancel it and don't give hope when there is none. That takes courage (kind of applies to Blue Lemma as well recently)
Tage wrote:I LOVED the idea of expressing my own emotions in my own game.
Then... why not? Many people have become writers because of this. Many started their projects because they wanted to tell something. I think if you were to make a game, it would be excellent, if you just put but a fraction of the emotion your cancellation post has.

I'm not going to persuade you to take on making games. But I think doing something constructive (like writing/making a game) would be much better than something passive (like playing/watching). You won't move on if you don't move on. Being creative will reveal much about you, to yourself. Especially when making a ren'ai game.

I understand though, that sometimes you have to set priorities and it's a wise decision. Still, I do hope you'll keep on playing our games and hang out in here. :wink: And who knows what the future will bring.

RedSlash
Veteran

#57 Post by RedSlash »

I understand that is very important that you balance your life. Since you are in college now, is is definatly the case that you should concentrate on school as well as the social aspect of life.

If you have a dream, don't give it up! If you don't have the ability to pursue your dream now, work up until you do and then do it!

We won't blame you for not completing a project. But atleast you tried and I'm glad you were inspired by something. Good luck!

Shii
Regular

#58 Post by Shii »

There should be a name for projects that fail because of World of Warcraft. WoWitis, maybe.

PixelWrangler
Regular

#59 Post by PixelWrangler »

Shii wrote:There should be a name for projects that fail because of World of Warcraft. WoWitis, maybe.
Such a project might be called a "PoWoW":

Prey of World of Warcraft

...or the more gramatically accurate:

Prisoner of World of Warcraft

P.W. (not P.W.oWoW)

P.S. - Sorry to hear about the project, but best of luck with college. Real life comes first. :)
Life is hard.
Except in ren'ai games.
Then it's a whole lot softer.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#60 Post by Megaman Z »

I will NEVER succomb to any MMORPG! (quick, where's the uninstall shortcut?)

on a more serious note, I am now going on a small... 5-hour hiatus for two reasons, this being one of them. (the other? lights-out)
~Kitsune Zeta