swordsman of love

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
wseely

swordsman of love

#1 Post by wseely »

Hi im new to visual novels but im useing an story i've been working for about 4 months now

Story
As you might have guess this story is about an an teen who was trained as an swordsman
His name is Date Kobayashi He was named after the samurai Date Masamune.His grandfather was a swordsmaster ,but his father didn't follow him down that path but became scientist with his mother.When When he was young his mother and father moved to Isle of Demons 500 years after the end of the retribution war with their team to study and live with the demons ,but Date stay behide with his grandfather. Right now he is going to college with Maki and Yumi.Date lives with his grandfather still in his dojo.

Key notes
Isle of Demons( The land which all demon come from)
retribution war( The last War between Humans and Demons that ended When the Lord Of demons and The Warrior Of last light fought nearly killing each other.That made the peace act of live happen)
Lord Of demons (Girirajan Satou )(Full demon)
The Warrior Of last light( Hiko Satou)( halve demon)
They are halve Brothers ( Same Dad)
peace act of live( made peace with humans and demons)
just so you know everything

characters
Date Kobayashi(race:human/male/ the main character/ 24 years old / has light brown hair with brown eye/weapon nihontō
Katsuo (race:Elf/male/ Date childhood friend/ 25 years old/ his hair is dark brown and buzzed with white eyes/weapon kon
Maki Nakamura( race:red oni/female/ 22 years old/Maki's hair is short, red. with pink tips and light red eyes/weapon kanabō
Yumi Nakamura(race:blue oni/female/ 21 years old/ Yumi's hair is long ,blue. with purple tips and sky blue eyes/weapon guandao
Maki and Yumi are sisters
Gayneth Takahashi(race:were-wolf/female/23 years old/short black hair with yellow eyes/weapon fights hand to hands
Daiki Takahashi(race:were-wolf/male/23 years old/short white hair with yellow eyes/weapon fights hand to hands
Gayneth and Daiki are twins beside their hair(Daiki dyes his )
Azzalene Tanaka(race:vampires/female/22 years old/long blond hair with blood red eyes/weapon kusarigama

and that is about the basic of it like i said this will be my first visual novels so if anyone what to put their two bit please do i will thanks any help i can get

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: swordsman of love

#2 Post by musical74 »

So far it looks good, just have a few questions....

Since you included weapons, assuming there is fighting in the game? Based on what you have so far making that assumption

Also - the weapons...are they swords? Katans? Not sure what any of the weapons listed are...

This does sound interesting :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#3 Post by azureXtwilight »

I found the character names quite familiar, or was it just me?

Anyway, it seems that you haven't found an artist yet, rite?

wseely

#4 Post by wseely »

yes i am hopeing to make it with fighting but im still new and trying to find out how i do it so right now im not for sure
nihontō is an traditional bladed weapons of japan( katan)
kon is an japanese weapon similar to a quarterstaff
The kanabō is an iron or steel club
guandao is a type of pole weapon
kusarigama is a traditional Japanese weapon that consists of a small sickle on a metal chain with a heavy iron weight at the end.
and yes i do need an artist
p.s i got the name Yumi from FFX Yuna
Maki from rosario+vampire Moka
and Date from well Date Masamune who was a Japanese samurai of the Azuchi-Momoyama period ( he is just my fav samurai)

wulfsaga
Regular

#5 Post by wulfsaga »

Just got your massage, maybe i can do some character design, but maybe not with colour because i kinda busy and my colouring not pretty good :P :P

wseely

#6 Post by wseely »

thank you every little bit helps
ps my coloring is bad too :lol:

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#7 Post by Sapphi »

Just so you know, "Date" was his family name, not his first name... ^_^;
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

wseely

#8 Post by wseely »

i did Maki and Yumi call him by his nickname Masa (From Masamune) I just like Date sounds better to me

V2Blast
Regular

#9 Post by V2Blast »

Well, in that case, he couldn't have been named after Date Masamune, unless his family changed their name to have the same family name...

Also, judging from your posts in this thread, I hope that either someone else is writing this game, or you have a proofreader or two.
Pie is delicious.