Blue Lemma's Development Journal

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

Blue Lemma's Development Journal

#1 Post by Blue Lemma »

I thought it might be a good idea to record what I've been doing every few days (as far as game development. :P ) So here's my little development journal! Now you can find out what's going on behind the scenes without having to open the door on Lemma while she's changing.

Lemma: :shock:

Er, anyway, here's the first entry:

Jan. 29, 2004 - I've been very busy with a physics midterm, two quizzes, and a software engineering paper. So I didn't get much done. (Not a rolling start on the journal, huh? ^_^; ) Tonight I am continuing work on the Tales of Lemma 2 script. So far it's 64 pages, and I'm just getting to the good stuff! :wink: The good stuff is always fastest to write, so... :lol:
I expect to get a lot done this weekend since I have little homework. Now that you've read this, be good little boys and girls and play some Shoujo Attack! :P

Ecchi Tiff
Regular

#2 Post by Ecchi Tiff »

Physics midterm?
*snickers softly*
Kyra: "You can kiss my acetabulum!"
Lord Pathos: "Hmm, tempting offer, coming from a cute girl like you."
Kyra: "Ug, I think I'm gonna be sick. Tom, let's get this quy, quick!"

Gothik Mage
Regular

#3 Post by Gothik Mage »

:shock:
I completely forgot about Shoujo Attack. Thanks for the reminder!
*scurries off to go play SA*
"Reno, did it ever occur to you that you might be an alcoholic?"
"Nope, I'm a drunk."
"There's a difference."
"Drunks don't go to meetings."

Jerails
Veteran

#4 Post by Jerails »

Yay! Journal that informs us of updates = Less threatening mail and other such nick-nacks involving ToL! Woo!

It's good that you're honest. I'll be more than happy to wait, especially if you have a more important matter at hand!

*Sits down and starts twiddling thumbs*
It's been a while, folks!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#5 Post by Blue Lemma »

January 31, 2004:

Woo! Weekend time! 8) Since last time, I wrote a little more ToL 2 script and got 2 more artists for future projects. One of them is here:
http://deshire.deviantart.com
I've gotten another secret game started with someone, but they're doing the art and story. I just need to do some programming, and since that's very different from the ToL 2 script-writing, it shouldn't interfere. Things are looking up! :D

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

Aw, that art site is sweet...
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Gothik Mage
Regular

#7 Post by Gothik Mage »

Gotta hand it to ya, you've got skillz when it comes to hunting down artists. Good job.

Not nearly as skilled, but just as portable
"Reno, did it ever occur to you that you might be an alcoholic?"
"Nope, I'm a drunk."
"There's a difference."
"Drunks don't go to meetings."

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#8 Post by Zintar »

So, any new info on Love Fairies or future projects??? :roll:
Feb 26, 2004 - Trinity Riot *hands Zintar the 101 Posts Award*
Feb 25, 2004 - Blue Lemma *awards the 2nd-2nd-Place Shoujo Attack Prize to Zintar*
Nov 06, 2003 - Blue Lemma *hands Zintar the Pointless Post Award*

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#9 Post by Blue Lemma »

February 6, 2004 - I'm CGing Mayu and some of her clothes. I also decided on a major story point in the script. This weekend I'm looking forward to finishing more graphics and script.

On a non-game note, I found out that I will be interning at LSI Logic starting the end of March. They make chips that go in the Playstation 2 and a wide range of products you use every day. The internship will be six months, but don't worry - I'll still be making games! 8) Soon it's time to go apartment-hunting. I think I'll take Miko and Lemma with me to keep me company :wink: :lol:

edit: Regarding Love Fairies and future projects, Love Fairies is on hold until I finish ToL 2. I'm trying to pull everything together and get it done as soon as I can. Some people have started doing work on other projects that will come later, so there are all sorts of things in development (as usual!) The remainder of the ToL 2 development is almost totally up to me, and with the delays I've had, I've decided to make it a top top priority.

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#10 Post by Sai »

This journal is a nice idea. It's nice to hear about things going on in the creators life beyond just work work work (on the creations we see anyway) or maybe that's just me ^^ Best of luck with your studies, I think I need luck too ^^;
I looked at the art link and she has some really pretty stuff, I look forward to seeing what game features that artwork.

Jerails
Veteran

#11 Post by Jerails »

Heh, good luck with that internship! Maybe now I should try to get serious with my exchange student search (I'm trying to go from Hawaii to Sasebo, Japan... Hopefully to end up in E.J. King High, but alas, I'm a lazy little bastard and the money's killing me..)
It's been a while, folks!

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#12 Post by Blue Lemma »

February 16, 2004 - I've been working on the ToL 2 script some more. I think I've identified one reason why it's taking me so long, so hopefully I can remedy that. I'm also sketching more because I want my pictures to look good. I want to do the characters justice! :)

Right now I'm going to whip up a random number program and select the Shoujo Attack! New Contest winners. Good luck to everyone! :D

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#13 Post by Blue Lemma »

March 2, 2004 - I'm working on improving my art skills. I've been feeling a little insecure about them lately. I want Yuki and Mayu to look at least pleasant :? I've also been hitting the ToL 2 script some more and been getting an artist and composer set up for working on a future ren'ai/RPG game. 8)

In other news, I went looking for apartments with my future roommate last week, and I got sick after that. :( At least we found a nice apartment! It should be an interesting internship, or so I hope. Too bad it's not a game-developing internship, huh? ^_^

Blackstream
Regular

#14 Post by Blackstream »

LSI Logic? That's the company I'm doing my Capstone project for. I got to have a tour of the place lol. Got to go through the whole putting on sterialized clothes deal and walking around and getting a quick description of everything in the chip lab place. It was cool
Woot

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#15 Post by Blue Lemma »

March 25, 2004:
I've been doing more ToL 2 script and sketching Yuki. I've also started organizing something else for the future. :wink: Most of my time, lately, has gone towards finals and moving. Things should get back on track after the move, though!

I won't be online for a few days to a week or so because of the Internet situation where I'm moving. I hope to get it sorted out ASAP. In the meantime, optimus160 will be taking care of the board for me 8)

Maybe I'll bump into you sometime, Blackstream :D