Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ Arc I - Summer Lights v2.0

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ Arc I - Summer Lights v2.0

#1 Post by Sakurazaki »

NEW VERSION 2.0 OUT! Featuring new artwork and event CGs!

Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ is a kinetic fantasy/adventure genre visual novel by R3 Productions. Part of Project Aquaria, this is the first game in a trilogy. The first conceptual story was started on January of 2008, Aquae has been in the works for about a year and a half now.

The game itself is going to be released in chapters or Arcs, as the staff of R3 would like to call it. Aquae is slated to have 3-4 Arcs. Once Aquae is completed, there will be a collective release with all Arcs and extras in it.

Progress thread for Aquae: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 42&start=0
If you are done with Arc I then proceed to Arc II: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 91#p107991

People of all ages and races are astonished by the beauty and underlying rage of the big blue mass that coats most of our world. Many things are unknown about the sea, and many things have been made up about the magic and mystery because no one really knows. One particular myth is that of the mermaid; half human, half fish, able to breathe underwater and sing most beautifully. Most people now discard such stories, following logic's explanation that such creatures are impossible, but what if they were wrong?

The city of Murone [Mu-row-neh] is one that resides below the surface, merpeople and other types of sea dwelling creatures live in this warm water haven. Merpeople fear the above world for several reasons. The main concern is discovery. How would the humans react to finding that merpeople really did exist? Most merpeople shudder to think. However, some merpeople venture out of their watery haven and explore the world above at their own risk.

There are two islands near Murone: Ibis and Ibon. Each are home to humans and forest creatures. Ibis is larger in size and is currently hosting the Summer Festival. A giant bridge connects the two isles.

Now fate will bring the sea and the land together...the fate of both lay in the hands of a small group...

Will history be re-written, as waves upon the sand? ....
Or will bloodshed remain?

These features are available in the Single Arc Version (Arc I, II, or III) of Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
-Rich Event and Character CGs
-Customized main menu
-3D background CGs

These features are available in the Extended Version (Compiled Arc Version) of Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
-Features from the Single Arc Version
-Custom music
-CG Gallery
-Intro Video and Epilogue Video
-Music Gallery
-Improved CGs

Why the Single Arc Version and the Compiled Arc Version?
1. The single arc version is kind of there for time convenience as usually most of the staff members are busy throughout the year.
2. The Compiled Arc Version is going to be a revised version that will be done mostly by Rei Hirai (the chara artist and yours truly.) I realize my art isn't up to standards most of the time and I'm rather unsatisfied with myself for most of the art done on tablet for this work. So I'm going to improve while working on Aquae and put it to good use in the compiled version.
3. As such there will be new features as listed above along with storyline extensions by the writers if they feel inclined.
4. The compiled arc version will be the polished gem instead of the rough diamonds seen in the single arc version. Meaning....it's going to be an epic release.
5. In case you don't want to dl all of the arcs one by one, the compiled arc version is there so you can play through the whole game at once if needed.

The single arc versions will be updated as needed, if there are bugfixes or fixed artwork, and it will def. be re-released during the Compiled Version's debut.

Programmer-Rika and Ryoko
Story-Rika and Ryoko
Music Coordinator-Rezznik
Composer - Nicol Armarfi
GUI design- Rezznik
Art- Rei Sakurazaki
Colorist-Kaorien
Editor-Rika and Ryoko
Background Artist-Rezznik
Logo-Hanzo Kimura/Ry Yuuki
Beta Testers-MarianFrae and Ereth

Current version: 2.0

Linux: http://www.mediafire.com/?sa8z0g74n2e7nc5
Mac: http://www.mediafire.com/?j4zfwybzmzg94jc
Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?d73b3mpjupj5vd1

NOTE: We are willing to upload to other places, just let us know

On behalf of the staff of Project Aquaria, please enjoy the 1st part of the visual novel.
Last edited by Sakurazaki on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:17 am, edited 22 times in total.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

Sakurazaki
Veteran

Re: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~ Arc I - Summer Lights v1.0

#2 Post by Sakurazaki »

reserved!

Rezznik
Regular
Projects: Aquae, Consonance

#3 Post by Rezznik »

I'm sleepy..... :(
Online Portfolio:
Background Artist, Musical Supervisor, QA Assurance: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
To those who are wondering what happened to Consonance, it has been put aside for the time being due to my job situation.

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#4 Post by Sakurazaki »

Just to let you know...your hard working staff stayed up till 5AM just to bring this to you! XD We ran into so many problems archiving and making distro copies.

In regards to my horrible artwork...it will be improved upon, please look forward to it and the rest of the Aquae storyline.

Now, this one need to go to bed!

dstarsboy
Veteran

#5 Post by dstarsboy »

Very good ambition in finishing the project. Downloading now...
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Rezznik
Regular

#6 Post by Rezznik »

Yah, it's been a roller coaster ride trying to get Arc I out. I mean with people/staffers randomly disappearing, other priorities, starting university, etc. I just want to thank everyone who supported us throughout the process. We wouldn't have been able to finish it without y'all. I hope everyone enjoys the game and please look forward to Arc II!
Online Portfolio:
Background Artist, Musical Supervisor, QA Assurance: Aquae ~Crystal Clear Waters~
To those who are wondering what happened to Consonance, it has been put aside for the time being due to my job situation.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#7 Post by azureXtwilight »

WOW! The game sure is beautiful! That's what I think after I see the main menu...
I'll continue playing...

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#8 Post by MaiMai »

Omg, yes. This looks beautiful and gonna be downloading now. Will post feedback later!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#9 Post by Sakurazaki »

Ok I'm still playing thru the windows version there may be some mistakes/errors.

Ex: music not working right at title intro

I will see if there's any glaring errors.

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#10 Post by CaesMRaenes »

From just a glance of this novel, I would say that your hard work is really showing through the seams: through your title image as well as the artwork. Beautiful. =D

For now, I'll be downloading it and commenting more later.
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#11 Post by PyTom »

The Linux version is broken. That's because you decompressed it and recompressed it, just like the Ren'Py launcher warns you not to do. :roll:
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Rezznik
Regular

#12 Post by Rezznik »

Lol....that Linux problem would be my fault......I'll get right on it when I get bAck home later today....hope everything else works......
Online Portfolio:

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#13 Post by Sakurazaki »

PyTom wrote:The Linux version is broken. That's because you decompressed it and recompressed it, just like the Ren'Py launcher warns you not to do. :roll:
Ah my apologies. It's our first time releasing a game on Ren Py. We've been running through a lot of problems regarding compressing/etc. >.>' Kept getting errors out the wazoo.
Last edited by Sakurazaki on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#14 Post by Aashtarsrain »

Sorry but I can't download from megaupload :cry:
I'm interested in playing this though !

Sakurazaki
Veteran

#15 Post by Sakurazaki »

What can you download from? And what system version do you need? I can upload the windows one for you