Custom text box

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Hahastupidmonkey

Custom text box

#1 Post by Hahastupidmonkey »

I know there a probably a 100 post about this but i was wondering on how i can make a custom dialog box. i want it to be to box's in one.on each corner a little design. and in the middle were the words go i want it to be a tint of pink with a slightly noticable image there.

If any one can help it would be apreciated thank you.

Hahastupidmonkey

Re: Custom text box

#2 Post by Hahastupidmonkey »

Well i figured out how to do it but now i have another prob geting it inot ren py. I labled the image frame. i uncommented line 102 in the option renpy. the game screen comes up but than an error occurs. apparently ren py is having trouble ;oading the frame png.does anybody know what to do our have a link to what to do.

luminarious
Veteran
Projects: Winter, winter

#3 Post by luminarious »

The sticky thread says that when asking help, include the traceback. And the line of code mentioned in the traceback. Otherwise, how can we help if we don't know what the problem is?

Hahastupidmonkey

#4 Post by Hahastupidmonkey »

Oh ok but i figured it out i was not putting the file in the dirctory. And i'll keep that in mind.