An Idea...

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
maufii
Regular
Projects: Diggin Deep(IP) and Dream Walker(IP)

An Idea...

#1 Post by maufii »

Ok, so I have this idea for an Otome game. I'm not going to do it though unless I can find me some people to help me on the project. It's still very much in it's ideal stage but here's the jest of it...

You play as the girl named Fawn. Apparently all of your life you've been suffering from an unknown illness. What do you're parents do? They lock you in your bedroom that's what. You've lived most of your life in a bedroom only dreaming about the outside world, and lately you've even dreamed up a friend. When you go to sleep at night you wake up in a painting of a meadow where you meet up with a boy who keeps you company for the night. When you wake up in the mornings though you can never remember his face.

One night a voice beckons you from you're slumber. Your still in your room and everything seems normal, but when you look into the dresser mirror there is a man on the other side. He smiles deviously at you then walks out of view. You get up to inspect the mirror. Nothing seems out of the ordinary... that is until you press your palm against the surface. Instead of hitting a flat surface like you should have you end up falling through.

I admit it sounds an awful lot like Through the Looking Glass. : P I'm wanting this to be a type of Gothic fairy tale if you will with an Otome twist to it where you'll be able to hook up with one of the guys you meet.

Plot: The World of Dreams has been crumbling ever since a dark castle grew up from the ground. Now it's up to the Dreamers to set things right.

The Main Characters:

Fawn: A small frail girl who has been trapped within the confines of her room for as long as she can remember. Her illness seems nearly non-existent though when she enters the dream world. In the Dream world Fawn has the element of light at her disposal.

Weiss: A boy who also ails from a mysterious sickness. But unlike Fawn, due to the illness Alf can't control his anger and transforms into a dark beast when provoked. Though he isn't a human, Weiss is able to fight using his curse to aid him.

Marku: Locked away within the dream world for being a human, Marku has become very silent over the years. Comatose in real life Marku has no home to go back to. Silent and strong, yet kind at heart. Marku carries around an ornamented spear and has the element of water at his disposal.

Alex(Alexandre): A talkative guy who tries to be suave with the ladies. Though he acts like a player, he's actually pretty loyal. Alex and Alph are rivals since the moment they meet. Never getting along the two always bicker. Alex has the element of fire at his disposal.

Is there anyone out there who might be interested in this project?

Last edited by maufii on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: An Idea...

#2 Post by Aleema »

Otome? Are you kidding? You don't need to even ask twice. I'll help you. :)
You'll have to let me know what kind of help you need, though.

In response:

Your drawings are SO CUTE. So cute. <3

Yes, it's very much like Alice in Wonderland. But who's to say you can't be inspired by it? I think it's a great idea. There's so much potential.

Do you know what her/his illness is yet?

I almost feel you should reverse the names of Alph and Darc, because ... well, his name is freaking Darc, and the other guy with the wings is Alf. xD Along the same note, having two characters with very similar names (Alph, Alex), in a small cast can only work to your disadvantage (players will get them mixed up, you'll get them mixed up during coding). Something to consider.

I love, love the idea of Alex and Alph not getting along. I like Alex already. XD

maufii
Regular

#3 Post by maufii »

Aleema wrote:Otome? Are you kidding? You don't need to even ask twice. I'll help you. :)
You'll have to let me know what kind of help you need, though.

In response:

Your drawings are SO CUTE. So cute. <3

Yes, it's very much like Alice in Wonderland. But who's to say you can't be inspired by it? I think it's a great idea. There's so much potential.

Do you know what her/his illness is yet?

I almost feel you should reverse the names of Alph and Darc, because ... well, his name is freaking Darc, and the other guy with the wings is Alf. xD Along the same note, having two characters with very similar names (Alph, Alex), in a small cast can only work to your disadvantage (players will get them mixed up, you'll get them mixed up during coding). Something to consider.

I love, love the idea of Alex and Alph not getting along. I like Alex already. XD
Thanks for the offer! : D
As far as help goes... hmmm. What I really want is a programmer, a colorist (because frankly I suck), and an editor.
Other things I want, but aren't quit as necessary, is a co-creator to help make the story, and a music artist.

Thanks so much for the compliments, and yes there is a reason behind their illnesses! But it's a plot secret. ; D

I was thinking more on the names earlier today since you mentioned it and I'm still not sure. I'm definitely doing away with Alph and Darc though. I think Darc would sound a little cliche if I paired it up with the winged guy since his whole theme is Darkness. Actually I'd like to go with the opposite of what he is. I was thinking maybe Weiss, which is a German word that means white. And the character with glasses is going to have a Romanian name. For some reason I'm determined he's Romanian. D :
Alex will stay Alex though, because I'm so accustomed to that name already. It's like it was meant for him. OwO

#4 Post by Guest »

....DID YOU JUST SAY OTOME-

Oh god, yes I'm in. Your drawings are adorable, and your plotline is well thought out... What're you in need for? There are only a couple things that I could assist in, a list being:

-Coloring/CG. (I can do these, but my coloring is rather... average ;w; )
-Programming (I'd be insanely pleased to do this XD)
-Storyline (Ehehhe <3, if you need help xD)

I am so in. Yesyesyesyesyes. -bricked-

maufii
Regular

#5 Post by maufii »

Guest wrote:....DID YOU JUST SAY OTOME-

Oh god, yes I'm in. Your drawings are adorable, and your plotline is well thought out... What're you in need for? There are only a couple things that I could assist in, a list being:

-Coloring/CG. (I can do these, but my coloring is rather... average ;w; )
-Programming (I'd be insanely pleased to do this XD)
-Storyline (Ehehhe <3, if you need help xD)

I am so in. Yesyesyesyesyes. -bricked-

I've actually changed up the story quite a bit since the last time I checked this forum, but if you still like the idea I'd be happy for you to join in! : D The main thing I need is a programmer... frankly I suck at it. D : And if you could help me out with some scenarios and plot that would be awesome too. C : Not to mention you'd be the co-creator on the credits of the game if that appeals to you at all lol.

Here's my revamped idea:

You are the main character girl who falls asleep one night and figures out that she
can walk through dreams. She also figures out that not only she can do it, but there
are few others just like her who can walk through dreams. Little does she know that
her very awareness within the dream world causes many abnormalities and disruptions
throughout the world that could be hazardous for the inhabitants and herself.

There are two factions of Dream Walkers in this world. One side is the light faction
who like to keep things fairly peaceful. They're goal is to find a way to put a stop to
the Dream Walking. The dark faction on the other hand are more prone to violence if
it gets them what they want. Their goal is to remain Dream Walkers permanently.

In the game you will be able to choose which faction you'll be apart of or maybe
even get the choice to become a negotiator between the two waring factions.
Depending on what faction you pick your partners will change to that faction's cast of
characters changing what guys you'll be able to hook up with.

Well what do you think? Is it ok? D : It kinda branched off the original idea and I stuck with it.
In plus I love bad boy characters so I just couldn't resist having a whole cast of them. >w<

maufii
Regular

#6 Post by maufii »

Teddy's Profile:
Not much is known about this small scary teddy bear except that apparently he's on you're side... thank god for that!

--------

I just couldn't resist. >D

ThumperMiggles

#7 Post by ThumperMiggles »

Oh god yeah. That sounds.... Quite frankly, that sounds awesome.
Also, bad boy characters are the bes-

A programmer? I'm in <3

I'm only decent, but I'll deliver what I can to the best of my ability~ <3

The plot you've got sounds great! I look forward to working with you~ <3

...Also, good god, that teddy bear is terrifying and adorable at the same time xD

maufii
Regular

#8 Post by maufii »

ThumperMiggles wrote:Oh god yeah. That sounds.... Quite frankly, that sounds awesome.
Also, bad boy characters are the bes-

A programmer? I'm in <3

I'm only decent, but I'll deliver what I can to the best of my ability~ <3

The plot you've got sounds great! I look forward to working with you~ <3

...Also, good god, that teddy bear is terrifying and adorable at the same time xD

Good to have you aboard! xD
It'll probably take me a bit to get some script done, but I'll contact you again when I think it's time to put together a demo.
Thanks so much for the help~! >3<

ThumperMiggles

#9 Post by ThumperMiggles »

Pffiitt, it's my pleasure to be of assistance~

Perhaps I shall steal your messenger off your profile so that I may harass you to my heart's content~?

maufii
Regular

#10 Post by maufii »

ThumperMiggles wrote:Pffiitt, it's my pleasure to be of assistance~

Perhaps I shall steal your messenger off your profile so that I may harass you to my heart's content~?

lol, sure why not? I use yahoo messenger and my user name is foxdragon3535@yahoo.com.

ThumperMiggles

#11 Post by ThumperMiggles »

And I'm "thumpermiggles" (of course x3)~.

Expect spam any time now. XD

deerchan
Regular
Projects: Secrets, hoho >3

#12 Post by deerchan »

HOLY... x___x;

This is just creepy... My name is Fawn, I do have random sicknesses, and I lock myself in my room... DO YOU KNOW MEH? D8
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a
The Pet Project is up and running! Come join us!
We still need a background artist, coders, writers and demo testers.

I can be flat out stupid sometimes. Specially in forums. Please bare with me.

ThumperMiggles

#13 Post by ThumperMiggles »

HO WOW.
THAT IS KINDA CREEPY. XDDDD

Fawn is such a pretty name <3

deerchan
Regular
Projects: Secrets, hoho >3

#14 Post by deerchan »

This game sounds amazingly fun, though! Have you played Yume Nikki? it has some similar elements (Dream world ect.) I don't know how I could help (besides art and a little tiny bit of coding) but if you need me I'm at your service ;3

Hehe, my parents thought that too x3 It's kind of strange being named after an animal sometimes though x-x
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... &sk=t&sd=a
The Pet Project is up and running! Come join us!
We still need a background artist, coders, writers and demo testers.

I can be flat out stupid sometimes. Specially in forums. Please bare with me.

maufii
Regular

#15 Post by maufii »

deerchan wrote:This game sounds amazingly fun, though! Have you played Yume Nikki? it has some similar elements (Dream world ect.) I don't know how I could help (besides art and a little tiny bit of coding) but if you need me I'm at your service ;3

Hehe, my parents thought that too x3 It's kind of strange being named after an animal sometimes though x-x
Wow... that's definitely weird! I didn't even know Fawn was a real name. xD I'm glad you're interested in the game Deerchan! I should be putting it up under the games in progress forums soon enough.

I have not played Yume Nikki but since you mentioned it I looked it up on youtube and found a scene where a girl kept turning on and off a light switch. I did not expect what happened after that! Dx And I thought it was going to be some cutsey game.. lol! It definitely looks like a worth while game! I love creepy stuff. >w<

I'm pretty much good on the artsy stuff. I thought I was going to need a colorist, but I think I can handle it since I found me a good program to use for it. Thanks for the offer though! <3