Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

Re: Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

#2116 Post by Coatl »

So this is just I've been messing around with one for laughs and the other piece is much more serious
Attachments
barack-obamakage.jpg
Chavo001.jpg

killdream
Veteran
Projects: EVūL (WIP), insilo (WIP), Cute Demon Crashers!
Deviantart: robotlolita
Github: robotlolita

#2117 Post by killdream »

Mugen(or whoever trying to sound like him)'s drawing is certainlly different from his usual. I'll agree with MaiMai, the colouring is somewhat nice, but those strains of hair just don't blend together with the drawing. Putting that translucent blue color over them just make it worse -.- The lips would look better if they weren't just a rectangle too. But aside of that it is good.

Coatl's Chavo looks good too. Though I'm not really a fan of cartoon-ish drawings. If you're painting it digitally, you could use the smudge tool to blend the colors better. The neck is a bit strange too.

Well, this is a sketch of a girl from a novel I'm currently writing. The thing clinging on her shoulders is her puppet (she's a witch) and is a white rabbit (Alice, yay!)
sofii_to_waisu.jpg

Lazy risingdreams

#2118 Post by Lazy risingdreams »

Coatl wrote:So this is just I've been messing around with one for laughs and the other piece is much more serious
Awwwwwwww, El Chavo Del 8! I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I used to watch it when I was a kid.

Klawzie
Regular
Organization: Kappa Creek
Tumblr: klawzie
Deviantart: klawzie

#2119 Post by Klawzie »

Attached are two of my "more recent" pieces. I haven't been able to work on anything for several months because the old PC started giving me massive headaches, so I borrowed my parents' laptop and finally was able to fund my own PC. Since my old Graphire 2 tablet won't work on this new PC, I get to wait until Christmas. ^^;
Attachments
My maneki neko mascot.
My maneki neko mascot.
Based on the person's Menewsha.com avatar.
Based on the person's Menewsha.com avatar.

Coatl
Regular
Projects: Working Title (If I realese the Alpha before I give out a title I'll ask for opinions)

#2120 Post by Coatl »

Lazy risingdreams wrote:
Coatl wrote:So this is just I've been messing around with one for laughs and the other piece is much more serious
Awwwwwwww, El Chavo Del 8! I feel all warm and fuzzy now. I used to watch it when I was a kid.

I'm so glad there is someone who recognizes this character!

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#2121 Post by JinzouTamashii »

I have a CG from about 5 months back...
maris_large.jpg
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

qq
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate- BG artist

#2122 Post by qq »

This is an old fan art that I found in my room and wanted to share.
Attachments
Fan art of Oh My Goddess
Fan art of Oh My Goddess
ohmygoddess.jpg (27.77 KiB) Viewed 2450 times
Frog and Kisses Studio
Please visit my Art Blog

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#2123 Post by JinzouTamashii »

It is not bad. I once did a watercolor painting of Skuld when I was a little younger, around 15 or so.

Here is something else. I wanted to do something different.
Attachments
amosrealistic.jpg
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#2124 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Jinzou, your coloring is AWESOME. I love the way you did his eyes - really captivating!

Here's something I did - it's fanart for Miyazaki's Ponyo. :)

Ponyo and Sosuke are older and...errr...in a boat. :D

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#2125 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Thank you, PrettySammy. I think that I overshaded it again so I had to use gradients at 50% opacity on layers above (face, hair) to try to smooth it out... not sure if it worked this time. It still looks a little smudgy compared to the usual crisp Japanese CG work I see... How do they keep such clean lines and colors, I wonder?

Ponyo! Did anyone else really enjoy that movie? It reminded me of my childhood. The flooded town was simply magical, wasn't it?

As for suggestions, the only unfortunate thing is... I can't tell that it's them. I remember the little boy having shorter hair and Ponyo doesn't really seem the same without the fish eyes bulging slightly. :P I would have also given her some of the features of her father: http://animeprincess.kokidokom.net/wp-c ... ponyo3.jpg, like the eyeshadow and wavy hair since both her father, the sorcerer, and her mother, the Great Sea Mother/Goddess of Mercy had such.

How deep is that boat? Shouldn't part of Ponyo's body be visible to the left or the right?

qq
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate- BG artist

#2126 Post by qq »

I love Ponyo too. I have to say the boat does looks too small to support those two and stay a float.
Frog and Kisses Studio
Please visit my Art Blog

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#2127 Post by PrettySammy09 »

The boat might indeed be a bit small. :)

Well, they're a bit older in this picture, so I tried to change them up a bit. I guess they're not entirely recognizable. But I think adding eyeshadow or Fujimoto-esque make-up to Ponyo would've made her look out of place in the naturalistic setting. I tried to mimic Fujimoto's hair in Older!Ponyo though by making it a bit wild and all over the place. :)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#2128 Post by lordcloudx »

drawn on a whim
pencil sketch + lazy photoshop coloring.
Attachments
mikumiku.png
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#2129 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Not too bad.

Suzumiyaandy
Regular

#2130 Post by Suzumiyaandy »

Just some stuff I got around to scanning. ^_^;;

This is actually one of my favorite pieces I've drawn lately.

Her legs fail >.>