Full Cirlcle- A Yaoi VN

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.

Full Cirlcle- A Yaoi VN

#1 Post by Guest »

I finally, FINALLY finished a game.
Full Circle is a yaoi kinetic novel (because we don't have enough of those) about Melville Thatcher, renowned campus man-whore, and his quest for a job, an apartment, and another lay.
PG-13

Windows: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OD08AQ38
Mac: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1UJV46UE
Linux (untested):http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RTNCKVAK

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

Re: Full Cirlcle- A Yaoi VN

#2 Post by carosene »

Lol! Your intro is kind of terrifying XD (man whore... another lay...) but I'll try it out.

after the play edit:

I did enjoy this! (How come your intro, the one that scared me, is very appropriate for the story and yet I enjoyed it?)
I really enjoyed Mel, he was a good narrator. The barista-type setting was nice too. The colors were nice. I liked the music and the backgrounds and the character art. The picture on the first start/load page thing was a great one! I liked Mel's expressive face, sitting there on the side. There were a few kind of... odd pictures, like when Mel and Cory were hugging, there was something... weird about it. I'm sorry, I can't really describe it well.
A few thoughts, there were a few characters (Like Lloyd and Quinton.) who didn't really add anything to the story. (Though they did contribute to the slice of life feel.) Also I felt like Mel contradicted himself sometimes, like he was complaining about emotional
sex with Joseph,
and then he described himself as an emotional person when he was with Cory. There was something else, but I've forgotten it.. (Darn! Sorry. :()

But yeah! Over all, nice game! Thanks for making it! :D

Oh, and I thought how you did the credits was a really cute idea. XD
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

#3 Post by Guest »

haha a yaoi game? awesome :> but ill have to play when the parents arent home <_<;; the slightest thing with romance and there on my case about it all day DX

IcyBlue487

#4 Post by IcyBlue487 »

Good! A yaoi visual novel. I am downloading it right now and I will tell you what I think when I am done with it.

edit: It was cute. I like the way you showed some of the pictures and the part about mom and dad at the end was funny. I think you over used the ellipses though.

Nayru
Regular
Projects: Short OC's BL game

#5 Post by Nayru »

Yay a yaoi visual novel! I'm so totally playing it! ^-^ *downloads* I'll tell you when I'm done ^-^

Also it would be nice if you included screenshots to your description.

oiseau
Regular

#6 Post by oiseau »

I played this a few nights ago, and I have to say that I liked it a lot. So much so, that once I started it, I had to finish it in one sitting. It's not one of those typical yaoi stories with a whiny uke and super serious seme, to anyone who's wondering. It just revolved around a gay character, that's all, and a small slice of his life. It was an experience through the eyes of Melville Thatcher. I liked the artwork (sure there were some "odd" things, but it didn't detract too much from everything else), the choice in music, Mel's amusing narration, and the setting was interesting, too. I'm not the biggest fan of coffee, though, but, yeah. XD

And the way that the credits were done was amazing! It really brought a movie-type feeling into it and was very appropiately done for the story's artsy sort of vibe. Even the main menu was well-done. Simple and nice. It's obvious that a lot of work was put into this, and yet...
the visual novel has to suffer from this thread's presentation. What I mean by that is that it might not get as many readers as it deserves. Full Circle is spelled wrong in the thread title, as I'm sure you noticed. Like Nayru said, there aren't any screenshots to give an incentive to read this, either. There's a one sentence description of the visual novel and then a link to download it and that's about it. Honestly, I was surprised that it was as good as it was, but I guess that I was because I was judging it by its cover (this topic) when I shouldn't have.

Mmhm. Awesome job for writing this. It was an enjoyable read. One or two moments made me go, "what?" but, I still liked it overall.
Up and coming visual novelist. Another girl obsessed with writing.
x-xImage
x-xJe pense, donc je suis~

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#7 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Well, now I'm going to have to play it. I downloaded it, misplaced the ZIP and promptly forgot about it.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by JinzouTamashii »

The art wasn't bad, +10 for backgrounds and CG that you did yourself. The opening menu was very nice. My first impression is that Cory's "friends" aren't very good friends. Are these my love interests? Really? Also, it's really hard to tell who is talking since Mel is the only one you see... the customized UI is cute too.

Anyway, that's my early impressions. I'll play it more later. The music was nice.

Here's a screencap.
Attachments
screencap.JPG
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.

Nayru
Regular
Projects: Short OC's BL game

#9 Post by Nayru »

I finished playing it some days ago. I have to say it's very nice, I liked how it wasn't the typical story and it was well thought but I kinda missed the lack of choices (I'm not used to playing kinetic novels) and some information.
Like what happened to Mel's little brother when he was took to a bar...if that's really what happened...

The end while not bad, was too open for my taste. I loved the ending credits too, awesome and very appropiate effects!

A sequel would be great.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Oh, it's kinetic? I was wondering why there were no branches...

The barista you meet at the Mutual Bean coffeeshop... I thought it was a girl, LOL... I still can't get over the fact that all you see is Mel, it makes it really difficult to tell who is talking for those used to customized character portraits...

That
brb
thing was pretty funny, I had to read it again to make sure! And...
the almost phobic attitude surprised me too... I'm guessing the barista is as gay as the grass is green, but... I wasn't expecting someone to say something like "No matter how much you compliment my hair, I won't blow you!" that's for sure. It's a pretty ridiculous thing to say, I would have just turned around and left... also, working at a pretentious bullshit hipster coffee place gives you an interest in hybrid cars and Macintoshes. :lol:
Lloyd was cute...
Standing by my initial impression that his friend and his roommate are utter assholes... they are when they kick him out. I'm confused by what happened, is it Saturday or something? It wasn't very well explained. Mel also says manipulation is his strong point, but the only side of him we've seen is awkward and usually can't manipulate people at all...
I'm being told one thing but shown another.

Josh was the first clue into that side of Mel, I think... and the
man-whore comment
was pretty hilarious. Actually, so is their coffee addiction and weird schedules. They're strangely appropriate.
Even though I'm probably in your target audience, I really don't like your characters or your story right now. I find a "player" seducing a young, naive target to be rather disgusting behavior, actually. And the song playing when they have sex didn't fix the mood.
I like the little brother better than Mel... I'd rather be playing the game from his point of view, I think. Unfortunately, I can already see where this "where am I going to stay?" thing is going from a mile away. Aw, man, I wish we had choices. Fuck Josh, I'd rather be hanging out with Lloyd, even though his character is horribly underdeveloped, like most of them.
Also, on the coffee shop background, it's hard to read Mel's name.
At least me and Kevin agree on one thing... even if I do still think he's an utter irredeemable asshole. And Hawk and Harris are mind-numbingly boring to me...
Wow! Animated rain! LOL. I wasn't expecting that.
Wasn't expecting any MelxKevin moments either, but it was strangely erotic, in retrospect. And Mel is bothered by Kevin being with his brother after sleeping with him? That's so... shallow. And once again, I'm left with the impression that Cory is also an asshole but now I think he's just a foil for Kevin, the ragefuck. I guess that makes Josh the pityfuck.
The music getting louder as you approach the stage was a nice touch. What kind of goodbye is "I have to piss"? Damn. You know, even if you don't show it, this work is very adult... and only immature with the way it develops relationships. I think the Hentai forum may have been a better resting place for this game, in the end.
Having a denouement was nice, but it didn't really completely do it for the me. The ending was definitely the high note. All in all, it took me about an hour and ten minutes to play through, but I'm a slow player. Anyway, you obviously put a lot of hard work into it, so congratulations on finishing this and to your future growth as an artist, coder and a writer.

#11 Post by Guest »

I think the character has an unpleasant demeanor and the narrative voice is not strong enough. If he is an asshole, make him an asshole not half of one.

roryokane

#12 Post by roryokane »

I just finished this (saw it on the big list of Ren'Py games). I’m not really a connoisseur of VNs, so I can’t critique as well as the above posters, but I liked having a view of a different type of person living a different type of life. A lot of the art was nice. I though these pieces of music were especially fitting: the title screen, the coffee shop, Sharkey’s theme.

UnitedTruthGroup
Organization: Benjetta Games! RPG and VN Developers

#13 Post by UnitedTruthGroup »

Hey, sorry if I'm necro-posting, but could you please update the download links?

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#14 Post by AshenhartKrie »

*cries* i wanted to download it but some U.S distribution picture saying something about something or other came up and it wouldn't let me download it. V_V

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

J3S

#15 Post by J3S »

DX
Can't download from the windows link anymore. !! *cries*