anime tutorial

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

Re: anime tutorial

#16 Post by JinzouTamashii »

MaiMai wrote:Second and fourth one is good for beginners or intermediate CGers to build off of.
Agreed. Also, /ic (4chan Artwork/Criticism board—may not be work-safe) did wonders for my art in only a week but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with a thin skin.

A really nice community is conceptart.org, which I haven't joined yet because I'm too shy to make my own thread until I polish my skills a little more.

http://conceptart.org/

Join the forums, look around... some of the stuff there will make your jaw drop but it's not quite as amateur as Deviantart. By surrounding yourself with artists you admire, you will be able to improve.

There's also a ton of free people posing out there for you to help you out on DA that I just found! http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/stockart/model/

And a lot of them are real people, not airbrushed and photoshopped models. Nice.

I even use some of these to help me when I'm moving 3D figures around, to get a certain kind of life into them. If you use it and you're on DA, you can even leave them a note. :)
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

p2oshandi
Regular

#17 Post by p2oshandi »

Found this.

http://www.emagister.co.uk/anime_style_ ... 167162.htm

free online anime courses!! But don't know whether they could be useful.

neowired
Regular

#18 Post by neowired »

People who can draw real people can draw anime. The opposite is not true.
this may be slightly offtopic but i think this is a rather false statement
this problem is much more complex

People who can draw manga characters well usually can also do realism to some extent (because they developed a sense for perspective, shapes, and light)
People who can draw real people but never learned manga will usually fail at drawing manga, their "manga" will stink of realism and not really look like manga at all (they may lack both the knowledge about how to make it cute, the knowledge/skills related to simplification of shapes and turning them into lines, and finally they may lack the ability/skills to construct visions out of their brain if they only draw from reality or from other works)

People who can't draw real people may be able to draw manga to some extent, though it most likely wont be done very well
People who can't draw manga may be perfectly capable of drawing real people
People who can draw real people well will find some things about drawing manga easier (the perspective, anatomy part), but some harder (they may be already used to a realistic style and may have trouble adapting to a completely different style, like manga)

That's what I think about this small topic

About the tutorials, I agree with the posts above XD they aren't very good at all and won't really teach you much.

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#19 Post by Watercolorheart »

Sometimes, style just comes from not being afraid to try out something new. :shock:
I'm not even the same person anymore