Fading Hearts Released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

Re: Fading Hearts Released! [Quick textbox patch]

#31 Post by frederic09 »

Hello, hello.

I'm not someone posting a lot, because of my bad english, but everything has a beginning because it's my 1st post :p

I bought the game yesterday (v.1.17a). I suggest to tell your customers when you update/fix the full game, because i got the bookshelf bug. The log if you hadn't it :

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

NameError: name 'headerText' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script call at line 131 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/script.rpy
 - script call at line 1372 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/intro.rpy
 - script call at line 420 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - script call at line 517 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - script call at line 646 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - script call at line 691 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - script at line 746 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - python at line 755 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Users\admin\Desktop\D folder\Fading Hearts-1.1.7a-win32\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Users\admin\Desktop\D folder\Fading Hearts-1.1.7a-win32\renpy\main.py", line 308, in main
  File "C:\Users\admin\Desktop\D folder\Fading Hearts-1.1.7a-win32\renpy\main.py", line 92, in run
  File "C:\Users\admin\Desktop\D folder\Fading Hearts-1.1.7a-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 230, in run
  File "C:\Users\admin\Desktop\D folder\Fading Hearts-1.1.7a-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "C:\Users\admin\Desktop\D folder\Fading Hearts-1.1.7a-win32\renpy\python.py", line 921, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "/home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy", line 755, in <module>
NameError: name 'headerText' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script call at line 131 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/script.rpy
 - script call at line 1372 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/intro.rpy
 - script call at line 420 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - script call at line 517 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - script call at line 646 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - script call at line 691 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - script at line 746 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy
 - python at line 755 of /home/alfe/Desktop/projects/Fading Hearts/game/mainLoop.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.9.3c
The "calling" "bug" is disturbing. Why it appears in loop every evening if you can't call Rina or Claire ?

It'a s good VN, a little refreshing, but the repetiting things "every day" is annoying :D

For now, I just got 4 endings of the game and it seems i'm stuck to get the other ones.

The funny thing is, that my "preferred" girl is Sophia, but i will not spoil the game even if i'm a little sad for her. You really could add her "more" in the scenario. I will explain in a mp, even if you can't make theses changes.

And with it 'll give you my achievements, i'd like to get some tips for the missing ones.

Thx and have fun.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#32 Post by Counter Arts »

Thanks for letting me know. Send me a pm with your achievements and I'll give you some tips on how to get some of the endings. After I fix the "calling bug" I will make a patch and put it on the Sakura River website.
Fading Hearts is RELEASED
http://www.sakurariver.ca

#33 Post by Guest »

Despite all the bad reviews I have just purchased this game. It is downloading now. I will come back with a review of it once I play through at least one ending. It has lovely artwork from what I can see which is the most important factor for me when downloading a renpy game. So many have such ugly art work that I can't stand to play them even when they're free. It's called a VISUAL novel, so the graphics are one of the most important aspects. For me the graphics justified the high(?) price. Plus if it turns out to be good, or even not so good, the company will base their decision on to release more games or not based on the sales of the first. So I want to support any way I can to get more renai games of professional quality to america.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#34 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Story is 50% important, visuals are 25% and presentation is 25% important for me. I'm sorry, I still haven't played the demo for this but I will...
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

#35 Post by Guest »

If arts really meant so much, you might as well get an artbook or just go and commission the said artist. :/

#36 Post by Guest »

I am the Guest from before who bought the game today due to it's vissuals.

Well story is also important As is gameplay. Art books are not interactive. You can't control the "characters" in a painting or a picture.

I have been playing it all day so far. I am still not even at one ending. It is a VERY long game.

There are some various typos and gramatical issues, and the writing itself isn't very professional, however the story seems interesting so far to me.

I've put in about 6 hours into it so far. But I am lost and confused right now. The game is almost TOO open ended and gives almost too much choice to the player. Leaving me feeling lost and unconnected to the story and characters so far. I don't know what I need to do to advance the story.

Spoilers:
I was very weak when I encountered mystica and she trapped me in her cabin and supposedly killed Rina. I stayed in the cabin and read manga instead of trying to escape after trying unsuccessfully to escape before and getting chained to the bed. I then was told that I would have to tell claire of this but I can't find claire anywhere. I also can no longer find Sophia anywhere. I went to the forests a few times and encountered mystica again a few times and learned that she is someone that I already knew. I have explored the forests fully and found the mansion with the sun dial but I have no clue how to position it and have tried all angles and nothing seems to happen. I no longer meet alex in the cosplay cafe, tracy never seems to talk to me, in fact in my game I still don't even know her name, she's just "the maid" I've read every book and manga and have had every flashback dream sequence... I'm super stuck :<
There are a few glareing inconsistancies (possibly bugs?) with the story as well

More Spoilers:
Durring one of my visits to the cafe Alex asked how things were going with Claire. The main character then says that he got her to leave her boyfriend and alex asks how he managed to do that and the main character says "just by spending time with her I guess". However later on in the game mystica yells at me to hurry up and save claire. Not to mention this was news to me, I never had a scene or a conversation with Claire that would reveal this information. So I believe I somehow accessed this scene in the cafe by mistake. It may be a bug which you want to investigate.
Also the use of the otaku terms is a bit odd as others have said. I've been playing games and watching anime for over 20 years and I don't know what the heck a meganekko is. And I've only a brief/bare understanding of tsundere and some other terms. I consider myself an otaku and have played many dating sims and games in general but these terms are only for really really diehard fans who spend excessive amounts of time in chat rooms and forums.

Rather or not they are plot elements they could be handled better by either
1.) Using a more common phrase or english expression to define the character you're speaking about, such as prude or geek or nerd or teacher's pet or some such for tsundere.
2.) By including a little dictionary either in the readme (which I've not read) or in the game somewhere, possibly another book the character could buy, or just a screen under extras or something.

I might restart the game if I don't become unstuck soon.

Question concerning gameplay:
Exactly how long does the game run? I'm on june 25th 2006 now. Am I near the end at all? Or does it just keep running for infinity until you solve the puzzle?

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#37 Post by MaiMai »

Guest wrote: Also the use of the otaku terms is a bit odd as others have said. I've been playing games and watching anime for over 20 years and I don't know what the heck a meganekko is. And I've only a brief/bare understanding of tsundere and some other terms. I consider myself an otaku and have played many dating sims and games in general but these terms are only for really really diehard fans who spend excessive amounts of time in chat rooms and forums.
I don't have a lot of video games to play, but I have watched/read a lot of anime/manga to know most terms. "Meganekko" refers to a character that wears glasses I believe.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#38 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Tsundere means a person rough on the outside, soft on the inside, like a chewy candy with a hard outer shell. I usually use a word like "cynical," "two-faced" or "mixed emotions."

Or you could just call him or her bipolar. :|
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.

Random Dude

#39 Post by Random Dude »

To Guest who bought the game~
The gameplay part will keep on playing, but from what I see, you should reach the end soon. Yes, the time doesn't indicate exactly when it supposed to end. It just ends when it wants to end.... I guess.

What you can try: Use Dispel lots of time to Mystica, and you shall discover who she is.

From my knowledge, there are many endings to this game, including finding out who the player is, finding out who Alex is, save Sophia, Explosion, Dead End, Ryou doesn't choose anyone ending.

I didn't get half of those though, the gameplay is too repetitive, I give up finding the endings. If you are able to get any of them, you can share it with us. :D

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Counter Arts »

Guest wrote: I might restart the game if I don't become unstuck soon.

Question concerning gameplay:
Exactly how long does the game run? I'm on june 25th 2006 now. Am I near the end at all? Or does it just keep running for infinity until you solve the puzzle?
It's not supposed to last that long. The latest is supposed to be end of April or maybe early May.
Replace your mainLoop.rpyc file with this one in the zip file and see if that causes an ending for you.
Attachments
mainLoop.zip
(27.32 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

#41 Post by Guest »

Guest here again

thanks for the updated mainloop that worked for me when I loaded my old save :)

Also thanks for the other tips. I was able to beat the game after restarting yesterday using that method.

p2oshandi
Regular

#42 Post by p2oshandi »

Where can I find the demo?

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Counter Arts »

Unfortunately most of the good stuff would occur at or near the endings so a demo wouldn't do Fading Hearts justice. The good news is that there is a 35% promotional discount offer now.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Fading Hearts Released! [35% off and review is up!]

#44 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Why would you wait until the story is almost over to make it more awesome?

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

Re: Fading Hearts Released! [35% off and review is up!]

#45 Post by Enerccio »

Bought it, the 35% discount was very very appealing.
But I haven't even downloaded it, because of some crap between PayPal and the BMT micro, so I have to wait for them to check my payment and give me links... Oh well.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU