The Ren'Ai Archive (renai.us, RAA) all-in-one thread

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: The Ren'Ai Archive (renai.us, RAA) all-in-one thread

#241 Post by Vatina »

You can try and contact the creator, I'm sure most people here would be willing to cooperate with you if you ask :)

Jake
Support Hero

#242 Post by Jake »

conanak99 wrote:Umm, i want to translate a game made by Ren'py , but i can't extract or repack the resources of the game :cry: . Can anyone tell me how to do it :wink:
I'd agree - ask the game's original author if they'll let you have the resources for the game in order to work on the script before it got archived. I expect at the very least most freeware game authors would be happy to let people translate their works...

Breaking into the archive to do so is at best rude and in some places (like the US) illegal. Not to mention that strictly speaking, a translation is a derivative work and you'd need the permission of the original author to distribute it anyway.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#243 Post by PyTom »

Frankly, it's probably best to ask the original creator of the game. Most people are happy to have their game translated, and generally working from the original material is better than working from the results of unpacking.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

undertone09

#244 Post by undertone09 »

Title: The Game -Chapter One-
Download Windows: http://depositfiles.com/files/p7i99t3wz
Download Mac:
Download Linux:
Hardware Requirements: Windows 2000-Windows 7, Whatever Mac uses, same for Linux
Rating: 17+ for violence, suggestive content, language.
Playtime: 15 minutes
Release Date: July 11, 2009
Sypnopsis: What if you were forced to participate in a fight to the death against people from school? What if you found out that your parents allowed it? This is the case for 20 students now trying to survive and be the last one standing.
Website: This is where I will host it eventually after I get everything set up: http://www.undertone09.webs.com

OI OI OI

Blazing Fury of Torrential Fragrance

#245 Post by OI OI OI »

My name? Not important.
This game? Not important either, but you might enjoy it.

BEWARE THERE IS TENTACLE RAPE
kinda... well text only...

Title: Blazing Fury of Torrential Fragrance
Download Windows/Mac/Linux Builds: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4994066 ... _Fragrance
Hardware Requirements: Nothin' serious
Rating: 18+ for ... OH MY GOD MY ASS MY ASS!
Playtime: 15 minutes unless you're masturbating... which would be strange really
Release Date: RIGHT NOW BEEATCH
Synopsis: You're on a journey to discover the true meaning of life and discover your true inner self in order to be the true man of the new true century. Instead, you get ass-raped and kill hitler. Not necessarily in that order.

KimiYoriBaka
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Castle of Arhannia

#246 Post by KimiYoriBaka »

@oi oi oi: umm...that's a link to a torrent from pirate's bay. Are you sure it's legal? also, that's sounds like it should be on a hentai thread.

georgmay
Regular
Projects: Restriction

#247 Post by georgmay »

The title of your game: Restriction
A link to where we can download it: http://www.archive.org/download/Restric ... on-0.1.exe
Hardware requirements: Windows XP+
Rating: 16+
Playtime: 3-4 h.
Release date(d-m-Y format): 19.11.09
Synopsis:
(google translator)
It may seem that this fan game, but it's not quite true.
Here are some characters from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, there are some events there, but the main part of the plot belongs to a man such as Akira.
Read more:http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=6172
I know that there used some of the protected materials, but terrible in that there is nothing, if the game is not commercial.
Of course, this is not the best way to create, but support we don't have any support(graphic,music), and use our sketches, music - the desire was not there.
Screenshot that represents a typical game screen:
scr1.jpg
Last edited by georgmay on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Returned

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#248 Post by JinzouTamashii »

KimiYoriBaka wrote:@oi oi oi: umm...that's a link to a torrent from pirate's bay. Are you sure it's legal? also, that's sounds like it should be on a hentai thread.
If it's a noncommercial work the creator is distributing personally, then—yes—it is completely legal for it to be in a torrent. Even just linking to the Pirate Bay is not illegal. It's never illegal just to link to something. If it were, the New York Times would already be culpable...
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#249 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

JinzouTamashii wrote:If it's a noncommercial work the creator is distributing personally, then—yes—it is completely legal for it to be in a torrent. Even just linking to the Pirate Bay is not illegal. It's never illegal just to link to something. If it were, the New York Times would already be culpable...
Hell, the writers of the tabletop game Eclipse Phase distributed the PDF of their game for free on BitTorrent and Pirates Bay.

End result was more sales of the $30 hardcopy. There's a lesson there, I think. :lol:
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#250 Post by F.I.A »

georgmay wrote:Synopsis: filosophical-fantastic
That is not a synopsis. That is a genre list. Write out at least a 10+ words sentence describing the story or whatnot. I don't even know whether this is actually a fanwork based on Higurashi or not.(Note: renai.us tends to reject the usage of copyright materials as well.)

Also, with it having an english title, is it going to get a english language anytime soon?
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

georgmay
Regular
Projects: Restriction

#251 Post by georgmay »

F.I.A wrote:Also, with it having an english title, is it going to get a english language anytime soon?
coming soon.
Returned

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#252 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

F.I.A wrote:
georgmay wrote:Synopsis: filosophical-fantastic
That is not a synopsis. That is a genre list. Write out at least a 10+ words sentence describing the story or whatnot. I don't even know whether this is actually a fanwork based on Higurashi or not.(Note: renai.us tends to reject the usage of copyright materials as well.)

Also, with it having an english title, is it going to get a english language anytime soon?
Agreed; "Science Fiction" is not a synopsis but closer to a tone or a genre. A synopsis is a brief description of the situation and characters: "You have nothing but a tramp tradeship and 10000 credits - make a life out here in the Neutral Zone of space."
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#253 Post by PyTom »

I'll note that RAA is only for English-language works. (Original works, or at least those translated by the original team.) There's nothing wrong with other languages*, but I think the RAA is most useful it it sticks to games in a single language. If someone wants to set up an alternate non-English language archive, than more power to them.

* Although the use of non-English languages is deprecated, and will cease on January 15, 2015.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#254 Post by Samu-kun »

That's when we'll all switch to Chinese, right?

Nya-chan Production
Regular
Projects: autumn, Identityless

#255 Post by Nya-chan Production »

It's done:

* The title of your game
- autumn
* A link to where we can download it
- http://wolfii.nantoka.info/podzim/index_en.html (links to RapidShare and SendSpace)
* Hardware requirements
- default Ren'Py ones
* Any other software requirements to play the game (such as having Flash or Shockwave player)
- none
* Rating (i.e. Everyone, Teen, Mature), especially the information whether a game is rated 18+
- 13+
* Playtime (how long it takes to complete the game)
- around 3 hours to finish all the routes, I suppose
* Release date
- 2009-10-29
* Synopsis
- 'Autumn' is told by Takiguchi, a young seventeen years old boy who has just moved to a small town with his parents. He goes to the autumn nature to find some water, sky, mushrooms, self-realization, three lovely girls and other pointless things.
* Screenshot that represents a typical game screen (i.e not the cover artwork)
-
Screenshot
Screenshot
Currently working on: Identityless
HOW DO I INPUT THIS GODDAMN THING I WANT IN MY GAME TO IT?
WHY ARE THE CHARACTER ARTISTS SO LAZY?