How can fanon be considered canon?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

How can fanon be considered canon?

#1 Post by JinzouTamashii »

All there on the tin...

Back at the old PPGWorld forums, there was a huge uproar amongst fans and staff when it was discovered that staff writers had read fanfiction and indirectly been, uh, "inspired" for a few of their episodes...

So what do you think happens at the end of each show and how do the fans/fanatics/otaku influence the sequels once they become hired by the original staff and incorporated officially or unofficially into the teams?
Attachments
1243948790417.jpg
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: How can fanon be considered canon?

#2 Post by LVUER »

I think a doujin mangaka that made Tenchi Muyo Doujin, was finally recognized by the "real" company and hired him to make "Tenchi Muyo GX".

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by JinzouTamashii »

LVUER wrote:I think a doujin mangaka that made Tenchi Muyo Doujin, was finally recognized by the "real" company and hired him to make "Tenchi Muyo GX".
Yup, but that show mostly sucked... Ryoko and Sasami still kick ass, of course.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

The point is not the show (actually it is manga, which is not too good anyway), but someone who is not official/fan-based to be considered "real".

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by JinzouTamashii »

So, slightly off-topic, did that guy ever finally write the next Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya novel or what?

The Baka-Tsuki wiki forums are stomping and gnashing their teeth along with every other image chan... lol, Kadokawa are epic trolls, Endless Eight forever.

Oh noes! The personal hell of Haruhi has already descended and covered the earth! :shock:

OMG, WTF were they thinking. Also, long hair Haruhi and panda-shirt loliruhi totally kick your ass, and you ponytail moefags can just STFU.

Save us, Yuki Nagato! Before Kyon totally ****s Mikuru and ends the world!

Related: Haruhi-chan free YouTube streams (Sumoku Chiizu! Nyoro~on! Yuki in bunny headphones!) being more awesome than the overpriced DVD boxset releases, and this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... miyaHaruhi

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Adorya »

A typical example is Touhou, when fan massively spam the original maker with meme so at least 1 or 2 is "acknowledged".

ZUN quickly dodged the issue by working with pro-doujin circle like Tasogare Frontier for Iamp or Aki Eda for Silent Sinner in Blue, though it would mean getting some issues with a part of the other fanbase on some creation direction (especially for SSiB).

Also you maybe don't know, but mangaka may draw inspiration from a lot of fan material, especially shoujo/seinen ones. In their comment columns toukanbon of their works, you can often read that to thanks a particular well done fan gift it was made into the story, or some stories suggestions were accepted by the editor and made it "real"...

I think it's different from the idea of the "big-autor-and-his-official-team-doing-his-work-shut-in-the-snowy-mountains-and-delivering-to-avid-fans-the-godly-and-original-content-of-his-soul" which is common on the west

Koveras
Regular
Projects: The King's Dragon (TBA)

#7 Post by Koveras »

Since TV Tropes was already linked in this thread, I guess it won't harm to mention that they have a page specifically on fanon becoming canon...

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... lekzrxgx4f
"Yo, Buddy, you still alive?"