Artists looking for a project

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

Artists looking for a project

#1 Post by pkt »

I'm looking for a project to help out on. I mostly draw characters well. Items and BGs are not much of a problem either. I have no samples of my work online but I can provide some person to person if needed on request. I want something light if possible to try and get practice for my own projects. I have a bunch of free time.

Anyone who wants my help feel free to reply.

I guess other artists can do the same in this thread too.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

Re: Artists looking for a project

#2 Post by blankd »

I'd be interested in your BG and Item art, may I have samples of that? Or how do I go about seeing them?

pkt
Veteran

#3 Post by pkt »

Tell me what you want to see and I'll draw it, scan it and upload it somewhere, likely DA. I'll get some examples though.

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#4 Post by blankd »

Uhm, well for BGs, the setting would be modern, such as a apartment, the interior of an office and such. Accurate lines but relatively simple coloring for it, it doesn't have to look photoreal but it shouldn't be just basic flats? Should you join up in the project I'm working on, I can provide stock images for it so you don't have to do it from scratch.

As for the items, well there are only a few, a fancy letter addressed to someone, a simple handgun and some household items.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your samples.

pkt
Veteran

#5 Post by pkt »

Here's a rough sketch of an apartment.
Attachments
apartmentb.png

exHominem
Projects: Consuming Flesh

#6 Post by exHominem »

Hey, don't know if this thread is dead, but do you have a link to your devart by any chance?
Consuming Flesh - An epic story of war, zombies, survival, love, and more zombies.

pkt
Veteran

#7 Post by pkt »

http://phlynthe.deviantart.com/
There's my DA but it's not something I use much. That pic/sketch is the only thing on it.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#8 Post by JinzouTamashii »

pkt, I see wobbly lines with an uncertain hand, probably not resting on anything. I am not calling your art bad. It is not bad. It just needs a little work. I'm sipping a cup of warm cocoa right now, which I would happily make you if I could in this cold winter season. :)

This is your homework IRL:
  • A ruler or the end of a book.
  • A nice ball-point pen.
  • Computer paper, 8x11.
  • A lamp, preferably one you can move.
  • A picture or a photograph you liked.
  • At least three hours fn uninterrupted free time. Work into the AM if necessary.

I want you to take those ingredients and your previous sketch and see if you can't make it look like the work of a professionally-published mangaka or Western comic artist. You're an artist now—make it count!

This is your homework digitally:
  • Google vector art.
  • Check Wikipedia for Flash CS 4 and Adobe Shockwave. Use the trial versions.
  • Download one of these free programs: GIMP, Pixia, Paint SAI.
  • Learn the program using tutorials.
  • Burn tutorials, and scribble using mouse or tablet pen.
Continue relearning until dead.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

A Terrible Rabbit
Regular
Projects: Kyuuketsuki BonBon

#9 Post by A Terrible Rabbit »

Sorry, gotta add my two cents.
Forget digital. :twisted: It's best for correcting mistakes your hand makes and should be learned after.

Also, it's a wicked bad idea to learn to draw anything from a photograph. Given enough time, anyone can copy a photo. Take that nice swivel lamp Jinzou recommended and light a piece of fruit. Draw that and you'll learn way more.

That aside, I think your main issue is a ruler, hehe. That's a nice room design with plenty of space for some sprites. :3

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#10 Post by Deji »

A Terrible Rabbit wrote:(...)
Also, it's a wicked bad idea to learn to draw anything from a photograph. Given enough time, anyone can copy a photo.
(...)
Actually eyeballing 2D things a is a good starter training for the hand :3 Sure, you may not learn how to draw anything, but you're actually training your hand to move accordingly and make the lines you want~~

The next step would be breaking what your'e drawing into 2D and 3D shapes to actually understand what's going on, learn proportions, perspective and composition.
Then the ideal is copy/study a lot of different things, mix and match them, create your own using references and in the end, by training your hands enough and recording enough references in your head to be able to draw things from memory and get them right~~ :3
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

A Terrible Rabbit
Regular
Projects: Kyuuketsuki BonBon

#11 Post by A Terrible Rabbit »

Deji wrote:Actually eyeballing 2D things a is a good starter training for the hand :3 Sure, you may not learn how to draw anything, but you're actually training your hand to move accordingly and make the lines you want~~
Well, that does make sense. :3 One of my professors had us look at a model for two minutes, then had the model break the pose for two minutes while we drew. Then the model would go back to the original pose and we would look again, on and on for about half an hour.

After that, we turned over our original drawing and drew it again from memory- it was insane how much we all retained. Maybe doing the same thing with a photo could be really useful for learning lines, ehe.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#12 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Additionally, if you have the funds, you could enroll in a local college and take some art classes.

If you don't have the funds, I highly recommend the conceptart.org forums. They whipped me into shape in no time flat, along with the bitter dropouts on 4chan's /ic (Artwork and Critique.)

Also, Deji gives good advice.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#13 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

I'll also vouch for higher education routes.
I count the time that I started drawing real art as my first college Drawing class.
I was drawing anime from middle school, but even that improved in leaps and bounds just from my college classes.
It's true when they say you get what you pay for.
High school art was bull,
college are will change you and your skills exponentially.
Live Life Heroically

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#14 Post by Deji »

Of course taking art classes is the best way to improve, since you have a teacher that will teach you what you (supposedly) need to learn, will grade you, will tell you what's wrong and how to fix it and you'll also have peer pressure and competition with your classmates, and you'll also feel the urge to explore more and draw more and better.

But not everybody has the money or the time to take art classes, and some of them don't even want to pursue art as a career but as a hobby :3
They still need good advice and pointers ^^

I suggest looking at art tutorials and buying books about anatomy, perspective and such if you're serious (and are not willing to pay and/or attend art classes)~~
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

pkt
Veteran

#15 Post by pkt »

Here's a simple vector I worked on today. The thing is it took a while to do it. The character is Rika Furude form Higurashi no naku koro ni. It's not the most elaborate thing but I think it proves I can do it. I added a few more things to my DA account. That apartment sketch I've yet to redo though. I'll vector it when I get the chance.
Attachments
rikachandouble-p5.png