'autumn' [English version]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

Re: 'autumn' [English version]

#16 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Does this game need an official site for extended hosting? I heard someone say "no free slots for download."

I could get off my lazy butt and get back in touch with my old webmaster on http://bcs.kg13.com (NSFW! so no active link given) and offer a mirror with the latest version of this for download.

I'm no slouch with DreamWeaver and FileZilla and FTP, though sometimes I have to hide my power levels.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#17 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Downloaded and unlocked 100% in one night.
I liked it. I'll admit the story was fairly typical,
but that just gave it a familiar feel.
Haha, I feel like there's not much to say that hasn't already been said.

My question tho:

Victoria mentioned that the sisters don't really mention each other.
I noticed that too, but wasn't really concerned with it,
since I don't usually mention my siblings the first three days I meet someone, =P
What I DID notice was that, since the stories all run parallel to each other,
doesn't that mean that the bad endings where you don't intervene happen
even as your good ending with the chosen girl happened?

For example:
Say you choose Aka and see her ending through to the end.
You get married and everything is peachy.
But wouldn't Midori have thrown herself in front of a train and died?
Therefore the MC's daughter can't go use her (dead) aunt's computer?
Perhaps you can say that she only threw herself in front of the train because of her feelings for Takkun,
but regardless of Takkun,
she still has a deep-seated psychological issue that needs treatment or leads to her imminent demise.
Also, Yukine would have moved away since everyone thought she killed that girl.
(Yukine wasn't mentioned in Aka's good ending, but that's beside the point.
For Yukine's Good Ending,
the Midori points are still valid,
and we also consider the death of Aka who,
without finding her belief in herself through Takkun,
found no reason to live.
Yet, Yukine never makes mention of losing either sister in any way.
With Midori,
We just apply the Yukine and Aka points to her ending.
This isn't a weakness in the overall story,
but it's a pretty evident plot hole for people who look out for loose threads (like me, =/ ).

My favorite was Yukine though.
At first, I tried to go for Midori, but I ended up liking Yukine better.
I spent such a long time trying to get her Good End! XD
Live Life Heroically

Nya-chan Production
Regular
Projects: autumn, Identityless

#18 Post by Nya-chan Production »

Lazy risingdreams wrote:I wish I could download it, the game sounds good, unfortunately there aren't free slots for free download.
We are working on direct download at THIS VERY MOMENT (we were switching servers, so it took a delay >.>;;; )
LVUER wrote:There are some typo, but only one or two and only minor ones. But I think there is an error/bug. In bonus section (in gallery mode), there is writing about showing sketched used in the game, but I can't see any of it.
I forgot to actually add them to the gallery D: The next version will have them, along with visible scripts (so that new patches will be smaller to download)
Victoria wrote:Sorry I haven't commented this earlier.
I really liked the colours and pictures. And characters have personality and differences. One thing I wanted to ask:
Are these three girls sisters? Because in Aka's story, she said she was one of the tripplets I think. If they are, it's a little bit weird that they don't mention each other (except Aka in one point) at all. If they are, it would be even more weird they don't mention anything because one sister is dying, one is called a murderer and the third jumps in front of train.
If you get some end, it's taken as if the other routes happen as in normal, just without Takkun.
Meaning:
Midori ends up trying to commit a suicide but fails and is taken to a sanatorium for some time.
Yukine takes the bullying but eventually she grows up (and then moves) and becomes a fairly strong woman - with some complexes.
And Aka ends up in hospital for a long time before actually recovering.
All of these happen some time after the ending. Also, this is just my POV, if you like to, you can imagine they all can get a good ending :>

And about the sibling thing - Aka is the only one to mention it explicitly, but there are other moments where you can see the paths intervine and see nudges of something more that they have in common.
Currently working on: Identityless
HOW DO I INPUT THIS GODDAMN THING I WANT IN MY GAME TO IT?
WHY ARE THE CHARACTER ARTISTS SO LAZY?

Nya-chan Production
Regular
Projects: autumn, Identityless

#19 Post by Nya-chan Production »

Just wanted to say that we finally managed to get the ftp version working.

link

Nothing else here, thanks to all who played/will play this ^^
Currently working on: Identityless
HOW DO I INPUT THIS GODDAMN THING I WANT IN MY GAME TO IT?
WHY ARE THE CHARACTER ARTISTS SO LAZY?

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by philip »

Just discovered this game, am new to the whole vn thing. Thought the game was very well done; I greatly enjoyed it, even though I have not yet been able to find the "good" ending for Midori.

Virelai
Regular

#21 Post by Virelai »

I'm going to give this a try. When I actually do finish this, I'll give an honest critique. :3

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

#22 Post by desulishor »

I see this is a bit of resurrection of a thread, but I'm glad it popped into my view...

This is hardly a review as I've only played one route by now, but I'm already in love with the game.
-Aka's character is incredibly cute and her ending was, if a bit cliched, it still made me cry over how beautiful and simple it all was...
-The photography-based bgs are great, normally I'd be vary of using real photos with drawn anime style charas, but here it just works. The pictures are nice, non-personal as in leaving room for your imagination, and the color themes that are (apparently) tied with the idea of differently colored character arcs are a neat idea.
-Kevin Macleod's piano music... Hardly any way you could go wrong with that.
-The snarky protagonist and the smooth narration deserves a special mention, even if some of the sentences are a bit... too short and simple, maybe of some of it was lost in the translation, but all in all, it's nowhere near the level it would ever start to bother you.

Long story short, download this, and tell your friends, enemies and just about everyone you know.