Kao-Fuusen

For the rest of your otaku life.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

Kao-Fuusen

#1 Post by Megaman Z »

(NOTICE: IF YOU ARE PROGRAMMING SOMETHING FOR NaNoRenO, I SUGGEST YOU RETURN TO WORK AND DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING UNTIL YOU ARE DONE WITH YOUR NaNoRenO ENTRY. DO NOT HOLD ME RESPONSIBLE IF THIS CAUSES YOU TO BE LATE ON YOUR NaNoRenO ENTRY.)

(ignore previous message. NaNoRenO is over.)

I found this japanese flash game over at mofunzone.com. it's a wierd "puzzle-type" game where you have to click on various objects to help a (now headless) girl to her head.

"game data" page: http://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/fcbl.shtml

(partial solution will be posted by me... if I get around to it... stuck on scene 3...)
Last edited by Megaman Z on Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Kitsune Zeta

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#2 Post by Sai »

Yeah I've played this before, it's very well done. It's called "Kao-Fuusen" (Face Baloon) or similar... by D. Tsuma, I believe.

If you get stuck then try reading the comments for this game on this website here which has solutions to different parts including that tricky floating tiles part:

http://lazylaces.com/article.asp?p=877#comments

That website also has other cool games like this one.

I really reccomend trying out the games at http://www.amanitadesign.com too.
Samorost and Quest for the Rest are impressive (again comments/solutions can be found at LazyLaces too I think).

Other cool flash games:
http://www.theskeletonshop.com/
http://www.orisinal.com

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Megaman Z »

kinda already figured it out... (though I found another site that had a link to it... which also revealed how to correctly use the grid solution sheet in scene 3 . I also found out that... there's only three scenes... and the magic key that can be used for "helping" *cough*(cheating)*cough* the player doesn't help in scene three.
(reads everything past the first link in Sai's post)
uh-huh. found LazyLaces. right now playing "walking in circles" and I'm waiting for morning [edit: now I'm stuck again...]... (I found the for the grid problem at LazyLaces, BTW). I also liked Samorost, although on multiple times I kinda "cheated". (and it wasn't the magic key, either.)
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Megaman Z »

Okay... I found yet another one of these games, and I'm getting game overs this time. the game is "Arcane" (part 1 is at http://lettkei01.lettkei.com/Arcane_1.htm; part 2, http://lettkei01.lettkei.com/Arcane_2.htm)
(P.S. ignore the pop-ups. this is not the original hosting site for the game. the original site is down. this also explains why you can't save, either...)

here's what I've figured out... (placed in quote box to completely mask it)
Part I
Story (optional): arrange rings to form man, then rotate outermost ring.

Basement(?): moves limited (too many and game over), strike match (lower left corner), click on latern (near middle), click on raincoat, then on hook, go to well, click rug. to cellar

the well: after hook is retrieved (see basement), a cinematic will occur. click up arrow, use hook with rope. you will automatically go to basement

cellar: follow path, examine bottles in corner, you should be able to figure out the deal with the wine rack. end of chapter 1
Part 2:
still breaking the D*** seal for the background info...

again, moves are limited.
go upstairs, into bedroom (head symbol appears), go to dresser, open top drawer, take newspaper, turn on lamp, examine picture, back away from drawer, note key shadow, take key from lamp, open wardrobe (with key, head symbol appears), take paper, follow this pattern for hand puzzle: up-down-up-down-up-down..., take dagger, go to door right of entrance (head symbol appears), put newspaper under door, use dagger with keyhole, examine fireplace, read note, examine idols (head symbol appears), create pentagram with idols [sequence is random (confirmed by outside sources)]. grab middle [green] idol.
part 3:
rotate the lock and click the middle of it. (rotate, click, rotate, click, etc.) [should be 8 clicks]

move ladder one spot left, read tilted book carefully. click on globe. set the lights for the locations specified in the book. (the globe can be rotated) get book. examine book, take gem.

go through left-hand door. turn off light. enter further into room. examine platter on table and take it. examine shelves and take candles. in the room view, use platter with window. take green gem.

examine the portrait. note 4 ball, four o' diamands, 4 sails, and 4 o'clock. go to library. move ladder all the way to the left. click key on right side of clock (1 gem). place a gem in bottom left slot. turn key after setting clock foreward 4 hours. repeat with top slot. (times are hidden in the clue, BTW). drag candles to your character.

get crowbar, examine mechanism. gears should be placed Largest--->smallest. each try counts as a wrong move unless it works. use crowbar on wood planks. pull lever.
part 4:
NOTE: THIS HAS AT LEAST TWO TIMED SEQUENCES (MAYBE THREE).

each character starts with whatever they ended their corresponding chapters with, except Gregor, who doesn't have his crowbar.
examine well. go down cliff (walk down left path), take piece of ladder. follow path you are on. assemble ladder quickly. (long pipes go across, short pipes go vertical. the piece you picked up earlier goes in the upper right slot. this is timed.)

move forward, examine door. move back and go left. take gun from chest. move back and go right. use powder horn. go back and shoot jar to the right of the door. take paper (map, see below). go right, turn wheel, use gun with top of chain. go through door after examining map.

this is where it gets a little tricky... I think... you see, Gregor got himself stuck in the elevator (Ch. 3 ending), and a monster is after him. follow the shortest route possible [hint: right at first fork]. Orphelia will stop you between the third and fourth juctions. keep going. when you get to gregor, take only the boards that aren't covered by another board (ignore the board that is all the way on the left and vertical.)

go to door, drag SECOND paper to Prescott, drag FIRST paper to Ophelia, drag completed paper to lamp. drag book to Gregor. save game (Required), drag dagger to ophelia. give statue (which orphelia has) to Prescott. destroy monster (timing sequence. three hits required).

notes about map: remember that the bottom is where you start. you need to find the shortest possible way through the maze, otherwise, Gregor is doomed.
hints about the seal on chapters 2 and 4 would be appreciated.
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Megaman Z »

*NOT A MEANINGLESS BUMP*

Okay, I got my hands on Gobliiins (that's not a typo, there's supposed to be three I's in the title) [and actually, I d/l'ed it from Home of the Underdogs. the third game in the series is also up for grabs, but not the second... seems somebody is still selling it...

anyhow, I'm stuck on the first scene... I can get the horn and a stick and that's it... any help? (starts pleading for help...)
~Kitsune Zeta

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#6 Post by Sai »

Ooh Goblins. I had one or two of them for PC back when they were still commercially sold etc... I'm getting old
Good games with lots of funny humour. And the music, as dated as it probably sounds now, is loved by me. I still listen to the music sometimes (although not always the opening track of one of them that has the high-pitch tinkly sound because my gerbils always freak out because of it... silly but cute/adorable little things)
Must of sold my copies though at some point (back when I had to sell a game to be able to afford another game... if only I had kept them)

I downloaded all of them however recently from someone so if you want them then I can email you or something... they're only 2mb and 1mb in size. But I don't think I could get them to work... bleh stupid fiddling with DOSbox etc. that you probably have to do oh well...

Since the Goblins series was commercial you can probably find documentation etc. for them all on GameFAQs. Here's a guide from GameFAQs which deals with Gobliiins 3 but I don't think it's in-depth, hope it helps.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/ ... iins_3.txt

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Megaman Z »

Sai wrote:Ooh Goblins. I had one or two of them for PC back when they were still commercially sold etc... I'm getting old
Good games with lots of funny humour. And the music, as dated as it probably sounds now, is loved by me. I still listen to the music sometimes (although not always the opening track of one of them that has the high-pitch tinkly sound because my gerbils always freak out because of it... silly but cute/adorable little things)
Must of sold my copies though at some point (back when I had to sell a game to be able to afford another game... if only I had kept them)

I downloaded all of them however recently from someone so if you want them then I can email you or something... they're only 2mb and 1mb in size. But I don't think I could get them to work... bleh stupid fiddling with DOSbox etc. that you probably have to do oh well...

Since the Goblins series was commercial you can probably find documentation etc. for them all on GameFAQs. Here's a guide from GameFAQs which deals with Gobliiins 3 but I don't think it's in-depth, hope it helps.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/ ... iins_3.txt
A) I haven't downloaded that one (somebody should have noticed it's "Goblins 3", BTW. one I. that means one goblin. strange, considering the first had three, the second, two, and the third, one. any questions on why they didn't/couldn't continue the series?)

B) I managed to get past the first scene (and quite a few others... now at scene... ten? the one with the big tree and the windsock.) of Gobliiins and the password system is... strange. (I swear I got "ICUFAGQ" for one of them!)

C) (WARNING: REALLY SMALL SIZE 3 TEXT FOLLOWS) Sai, you're not old. (yet.) I had Gobliiins when I was a kid. and I remember some of the puzzles (all the way up to where I got to just now) and the game over screen. (back then for me, that was traumatizing! now it isn't... strange, isn't it?)

D) any chance you can make/get a midi file for the music? I don't care for PC speaker on most dos-based games and I no longer have a compatible sound card (used to have a SoundBlaster... 16, I think. I remember spending ten hours trying to get the darned card to work with a game [Wolf3D, for instance] and six hours beating the game!)

E) DON'T LINK TO THE GAMEFAQS DATABASE! WE GET A REFERER ERROR WHEN THAT HAPPENS! (they say it on every single page of the site.)
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Megaman Z »

I think I found a site to DL Gobliins 2.

http://www.abandonia.com -> puzzle -> page 1 -> gobliins 2 (hint: it's BETWEEN GOBLIIINS AND GOBLINS 3) -> "Get It" -> "Get It" (again)

[I hope it's cracked... I have a professionally written strategy guide here... ]

(EDIT: yes, it's cracked. just press any number at the copy protection screen.)
(second EDIT: I just learned a valuable lesson: save early, save often, save after you get a new item: I got kicked out of Goblins 3 when I examined the black speck on the glacier floating island with the spyglass. and I didn't save anywhere near that... ****IT!!!!!)
~Kitsune Zeta

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#9 Post by Sai »

Megaman Z wrote:D) any chance you can make/get a midi file for the music? I don't care for PC speaker on most dos-based games and I no longer have a compatible sound card (used to have a SoundBlaster... 16, I think. I remember spending ten hours trying to get the darned card to work with a game [Wolf3D, for instance] and six hours beating the game!)
I have the music to Goblins 2 and 3 in MP3 format, 27mb total. Ripped by another person. Would that be OK? Got anywhere you'd like me to upload to or send or whatever?

(late responce, I know)

undeadking

watever

#10 Post by undeadking »

looks cooljavascript:emoticon(':oops:')javascript:emoticon(':cry:')
Crying or Very sad
Embarassed
UNDEADKING WASSS HERE AND MADE THIS POST OR REPLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Megaman Z »

note to self: discipline undeadking on proper use of emoticons. (YOU CLICK ON THE D*** THINGS!)

Sai>>as soon as I get the email system sorted out... (JUST got a new hard drive on one of the computers...)
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Megaman Z »

A couple of the newly added Point 'n' Click games at LazyLaces.com are worth checking out.

The Secret Garden Of Mutabor - This one actually uses the right-click menu. zooming in is required to beat this one. (It is old, I know, but it got added recently.)

Vestibular Unisinos - this one requires you to get a chair with a bunch of other chairs. there's a catch, and I'll let you figure that one out. I think it's in Spanish. could be wrong.

"Episode 1" (Sai/{any Bilingual person}, please give us the actual name... and a few translations of the ingame text) - standard "escape from the room" scenario from what I've gotten to. in Japanese.

La Pièce - annoying little game. short, but the password in the game is messed up. also, take too long and it's unbeatable. I'll add tips if anyone is having trouble getting to the password input area.

White Chamber - See appropriate thread in this section. make sure you have a bittorrent client installed, or it's gonna be one long download...

comments and an actual name for "Episode 1" are welcome.
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Megaman Z »

*finally finds the thread... I hate unnannounced renames...*

I'm gonna assume optimus160 renamed the thread, because I know I didn't.

Lazylaces is putting more Point'n'Click games on their site. I'm currently playing "murder investigation" (front page at time of posting), so I may not be active here for a while (then again, I'm starting to forget to check in here...)
~Kitsune Zeta

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#14 Post by Sai »

Megaman Z wrote:"Episode 1" (Sai/{any Bilingual person}
I know this is an old post and I'm probably misreading but I just thought I should clarify. I'm not bilingual and know no Japanese (outside of useless words like "kawaii=cute" that everyone who has watched fanubs know XD ). I found out the name for the "Kao Fuusen" thingy from the comments on LazyLaces where someone bilingual translated the title ^^; Sorry I can't help =\

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Megaman Z »

well, looks like there's another Point 'n' click Japanese game that has the american (AND European) audience stumped, and they haven't gotten into Part two of it.

in case you're wondering, this one has the people at Lazylaces a little baffled...

Gate to the Truth (Part I)

(Lazylaces comments page for part I)

Gate to the Truth (Part II) <--probably from official site

this one can have the text translated by the usual method: eigonavi. just plop it into the textbox with four optionbuttons to it's right, select the second from the top (JP->EN), and click the button.

(thank you again, Lazylaces. maybe we'll get some definitive answers on this one.)
~Kitsune Zeta