Please help me fixing some problems!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
lhyta

Please help me fixing some problems!

#1 Post by lhyta »

I am making my visual novel game but getting difficulty in some parts, such as:
-how do we modify the conversational box? Should we put it in games directory and recall it in option.rpy? But in which lines?
-how do we change the game's font? I've tried to change it in option.rpy and paste my font in game directory but it didn't work
-how do we change the icon (which is still renpy pic for me) a.k.a the shortcut to our game?
-is there any free backsound song for visual novel that could legally used whether for free or commercial project?
That's all. I would really appreciate if you could help me :)

*Updated*
Sorry to offend you with my font colors. I have fixed it.
Last edited by lhyta on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: HELP ME!

#2 Post by LVUER »

Your choice of font (especially the color) really hurt my eyes! Why don't you use normal font?

I have difficulties to even read it, let alone answer it...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Alessio
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: GO! Magical Boy (2006), Angelic Orbs (soundtrack)
Projects: Cyberlin (in progress)

Re: HELP ME!

#3 Post by Alessio »

Welcome to the forum. Please first read the post "On Asking Questions" at the top of this forum and correct your post accordingly ("HELP ME!" is a bit rude and does not tell at a glance what your post is about). Then please use the Forum Search, since all your questions have already been covered elsewhere. Should the search prove unsuccessful, then by all means feel free to post a follow-up here.
Current projects: Visual Novel "Cyberlin"

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Please help me fixing some problems!

#4 Post by chronoluminaire »

Although lhyta could have searched the forum themself, perhaps we could be a bit nicer or more welcoming? It can occasionally be hard to know the right terms to search for.
lhyta wrote:I am making my visual novel game but getting difficulty in some parts, such as:
-how do we modify the conversational box? Should we put it in games directory and recall it in option.rpy? But in which lines?
See this post or this thread.
lhyta wrote:-how do we change the game's font? I've tried to change it in option.rpy and paste my font in game directory but it didn't work
See this thread.
lhyta wrote:-how do we change the icon (which is still renpy pic for me) a.k.a the shortcut to our game?
See this thread.
lhyta wrote:-is there any free backsound song for visual novel that could legally used whether for free or commercial project?
See the OELVN community wiki.

Those threads should provide the basic code to use for each of these, but let us know if you still have problems with any of them, and we'll try to help. It's best to post precisely what you've tried and say precisely how it doesn't work - that way we're able to help you more easily.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

lhyta

Re: Please help me fixing some problems!

#5 Post by lhyta »

Thank you so much.You've helped me a lot :)