Guestbook

New here? Be sure to read these important posts, and then sign our guestbook.
PinkMagus

Re: Guestbook

#886 Post by PinkMagus »

Name:Pinkmagus
Comments about Lemma Soft: lawl

I've always had a cursory ambition to write a VN after playing Tsukihime, but never really had the confidence to do anything. Then I played Daemonophile, which was made by a member of this here board (Taleweaver I think?). So yah. I can't draw and I am crap at programming (though thankful Ren'py is relatively simple.)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#887 Post by Blue Lemma »

Just start with trying to make a very simple VN so you can ease into it. :)

Welcome!
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Kyonko802
Regular
Projects: Yukionna

#888 Post by Kyonko802 »

Name: Eric
Comments about lemmasoft: I'm really looking forward to getting to know people in the community here, it seems like a pretty neat place.

I stumbled across Ren'Py not too long ago and decided to make a VN. I'm taking it slow, one step at a time, and have made some pretty good progress. I've managed to pull together a small development team consisting of my friends and a cluster of beta testers who enjoy VNs or who want to give the genre a try.

It'll be titled 'Yukionna' and is already well underway.

I'm hoping that when it's finished everyone at lemmasoft can read it and enjoy it.
Currently trying to regain my sanity.

Yukionna Project Thread

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#889 Post by Blue Lemma »

Good luck with the game, and welcome :)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

prezzey
Regular
Projects: Emerald Spires, Amesirun (ES side story)

#890 Post by prezzey »

Hi everyone!

Name: prezzey (Bogi Takács)
Location: Austria / Hungary / Sitting on the train which stops at the border between the two ;)

I've actually been lurking around for quite a while before gathering my courage to post...

I am prezzey, 26, female, looking for a husband... er... :oops: I am Orthodox Jewish, Hungarian, a doctoral student in clinical neuroscience in Austria (I have a master's in psychology), I like to draw and write random stuff, I like visual novels and all kinds of Japanese things (especially seinen manga), etc. Also, seeing that there are many people here who like to write, let me plug Expanded Horizons a bit... it's a webzine dedicated to underrepresented groups in speculative fiction, a friend of mine edits it and I make the website. We are a paid venue and we have been around since 2008. Submit, submit! :P
http://expandedhorizons.net/

I have a video game project titled Emerald Spires, it's an episodic point&click adventure and visual novel hybrid (a bit like Phoenix Wright in the sense that it uses a first person view). I originally started to develop it with AGS but then I switched to RenPy mostly because I don't feel like making walking sprites of all the characters. :P I have stuff for the prologue and Episode 1 and I'll probably post about them at some point. I'm actually feeling quite stuck because of the character art. I've redrawn the characters so many times I am kind of sick of the whole thing ;) and I'm still not satisfied.

Soooooo in an effort to get myself out of the rut, I am making a completely different game for NaNoRenO! :D I will make a separate thread for it.

I am a huge science fiction fan, so my games have science fiction settings. And I like protagonists which break away from the typical high school character stereotypes.

That's about it in a nutshell, I will be quite busy tomorrow and then there is Shabbes, but over the weekend I'll try to be more active on the forums and post all over the place. :D
http://www.prezzey.net

"Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! Like eagles... ON POGO STICKS!" - Grim Fandango

Dis
Regular
Projects: Angel of Love,Forgotten,War's Fate, D

#891 Post by Dis »

First of all, I welcome the new people to the forum and the community, and wish them good luck with their games and plans. Üdvözlet prezzey.

Second, I've actually been here already since 2004, and registered in 2006 as you can see in my profile, but I haven’t written in the guestbook until now because I decided to make a game first and when it’s done, then I’ll write here like prezzey and the others. Well, no, I’m not writing now because my game is done, it is only halfway done at the moment, but hopefully it will come out sometime this year if nothing gets in the way. Anyway.

Name: Dis
Website: http://hntf.ucoz.com/ (Site has both English and Hungarian texts.)

Comments about Lemma Soft:
It’s a great community with a lot of talented people.

Etc.:
My first visual novel was mikey Black Pencil that I found in 2004 while surfing the net with google for anime type games(?). It brought up a link that brought me to mikey’s “multicolored” ATP projects site, and while looking through it, I found Black Pencil. Not sure if it was released already by that time, or if it was later on, but I downloaded and played River Trap too, and it became my second novel.

Both VNs where grate, and made me interested in V&K novels. While trying to get acquainted with V&K novels, I found Py’tom’s Ren’py engine, Tales of Lemma 1 and the Lemmasoft Forums.

As for me, I’m more of a writer than a scripter or an audio or visual artist. However, it is hard to say what type of genre I’m good at. My current projects are mostly contemporary fantasy and one detective story.

Mushrooms:
Well, I don’t hate them, but not my most favorite food.

Etc. part 2:
I want to say thanks to a lot of people, but most of all to:
- Py’tom for creating, maintaining, upgrading and making Ren’py available to everyone for free.
- Blue Lemma for her games and for creating the Lemassoft Forums.
- mikey for his wonderful novels, for introducing me to the world of V&K novels, and for his support and motivations along these seven years.

Yes, I know it became a long post. Somehow my posts have a tendency to get this long or longer. :? Sorry in anticipation, if I’ll ever get on somebody’s nerves or something the like with it. Last, but not least, sorry if my writing is strange, I’m not a native English speaker/writer.
Where there's a will there's a way.

Project D:AoL
Special Thanks for their motivation and support to: BCS, Enerccio, mikey, monele, PyTom, yvanc, mugenjohncel, Sai

gaogelogar

#892 Post by gaogelogar »

Name: GaoGeloGar
Site: No site yet
Comments: Actually LSF is my first online forum registration. I did not have much interest about joining one until I got hooked to playing visual novels. The reason why I joined here is that most of the none-japanese visual novel are released/posted here. I am also interested in developing my own visual novels but first I need to earn money to fix my computer so it will work properly.

Krai
Projects: The Game, Disaster Gakuen [MAYBE.]

#893 Post by Krai »

Name: Krai/Hayley
Site: DeviantART | Blog
Comments: I was actually a bit reluctant to join up at first. Truth be told, I'm always like that with forums, just because I worry about other people's impressions of me. With that said, I hope to enjoy my time here as much as I can.

Visit me at DeviantART!

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#894 Post by sayuri »

Name: Sayuri/Sarah
Comments: I'm a big visual novel fan, espessially otome games :P. I'm not much of an artist, but I do write a lot. I joined to keep tabs on the ren'py games I'm looking forward too but I hope to make some friends here too :).

Motrax

#895 Post by Motrax »

Name:Motrax
Comments: Love your work!

Akina Rino
Projects: My beloved Mayumi Club, Gardenia (hiatus)
Location: Where they can't reach me, where I can run away from everything... ♪

#896 Post by Akina Rino »

Name: Akina Rino (You can call me Crystal, if you want. "Akina Rino" came from it.)
Comments: I've been here (I actually never posted, by the way) quite long ago, but mainly looking for tips and so on -- I have a lot to learn. I don't know why, but I decided to join today.

-- Etc:
I am focusing on two visual novels right now, so I may "vanish" for some days.
Just don't ask for them, really... I don't plan to show my work anywhere (Paranoid who fears being copied here. **giggle**) yet, and worse:
1) I have that tendency of abandoning works due to writer's block and starting another because I suddenly get inspirated but cannot put it on the abandoned work for some reason.
2) (Not hard than the first item.) **coughs** My works are in Portuguese. I can translate them, but it will be hard to translate internal jokes (for example).
(However, I can give a helping hand on the design part (speaking of title cards and so on -- My drawing skills are horrible...) if wanted.)

Suzuricho
Projects: Ambassador to Earth, Pieces of Blue Heaven

#897 Post by Suzuricho »

Name: Suzuricho
website: kawaiiranchan.livejournal.com | www.myspace.com/suzuricho
comments about Lemma Soft: I'm thankful it's here, because I have lots of questions...

My real name is Randi, I'm 24, and I'm the mother of two little girls - Anna and Jade. I've always loved choose-your-own adventure style books, and I thought that I could use Ren'Py to faithfully create stories that give the player many options and varying paths to a story. I want to try my hand at making a dating sim, but I've not played a lot of those throughout my life, so I don't know a lot about them. Either way, systems like RPG Maker work with my love of RPGs, but they don't lend themselves to genre much.

I'm not sure what else to say.
Current projects:
Ambassador to Earth - gathering resources, writing script
Pieces of Blue Heaven - concept brainstorming, character creation

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

#898 Post by IonicMomo »

Name: IonicMomo (just call me Momo)
Comments: I've been lurking around here for a few weeks now, and there are so many creative individuals. It's a little intimidating with the high skill levels of so many members here, but I'm glad that others are interested in sharing their work. Some of the games, art, and dedication here are really amazing.

I'm Momo, 19 years old and from Michigan (it's the mitten-shaped state on the US border with Canada, for anyone that doesn't know). I immigrated here from Mexico about four years ago...so please bear with me, as English is not my first language. For the record, I'm a girl, and I enjoy GxB games. I'm currently in the process of developing (an untitled) one right now, and will eventually get around to posting about it in the Works in Progress sub-forum. I'm a writer, not an artist, although I'm creating my own art for this game, because it will be small and requires a lot of period costumes (hint). Hopefully, it will not turn out as poorly as I anticipate it will. :P
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"
Projects: Nameless 2D Fighting Game

#899 Post by vaanknight »

Hello there!

Name's Ivan, but everybody calls me Vaan.
25 years old freelance translator and english teacher.
Hm, I live in Mexico.
Anime and videogames are my passion... British freckled girls too (well, just one).
I usually don't draw a lot, but I don't suck at it (much), normally I just do fan art, the only RL person I draw is the girl I love.

Cheerio!

Komari

#900 Post by Komari »

Name: Maria

Hello everyone! I used to be a member here about one or two years ago, but had to go on hiatus because of studying. I don't even remember what name I registered with, so here I am again... My time here was really enjoyable back then, though I am sure I disappointed a person who had trusted me with the art and music for his game. :(

Oh well, here's to a new start! :)