Desprite writer needs artist, and if possible composer

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Enigma
Veteran

Desprite writer needs artist, and if possible composer

#1 Post by Enigma »

I've decided to go back to the drawing board for awhile. I would like to say thank you for your various suggestions. I belive that about a month or two should be enough. I'll adimit it may seem rash to suddenly decide to start from scratch, but it's rashness and ambition that messed me up in the first place.So for now 告別 (farewell)

Wait, suddenly decided to end on a good note, my keyboard was fixed recently, and I'm off to read The Thirty-Six Dramatic Situations, by Georges Polti
Last edited by Enigma on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Desprite writer needs artist, and if possible composer

#2 Post by LVUER »

Actually you SHOULD post the story you have. You don't need to post all of them, just a summary to "tease" reader is enough. Otherwise, people won't interested in helping you, especially if you are new comer (looking this is your first post). Well, if you are veteran here, you'll know that this is what people expect you to at least do (post the summary, I mean).

BTW, by first word of the thread title, do you mean "Desperate"?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

dstarsboy
Veteran

#3 Post by dstarsboy »

I agree, people are more likely to get excited about the story and jump on board if they get a piece of the story. Jumping in blindly is highly unlikely.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Enigma
Veteran

Re: Desperate writer needs artist, and if possible composer

#4 Post by Enigma »

Thank you for your advice, I like to learn from my mistakes, so feel free to find any other mistakes, espicially when you see the letter "N" in places it shouldn't be, my "n" key needs fixing.

Ren

#5 Post by Ren »

Firstly: I'd proofread my post, before putting it here, if I was a writer looking for an artist. Just in the first sentence I find:
I can't even use pen and paper handwriteing. However, I've just barely begun typeing the story for a visual novel, in programming launguge. I'd also like to say the more characters an artist is willing nto (forgiving this one, since you said something about it) draw, the better I can write the story.
Dividing your synopsis in easier-to-read paragraphs would help, too.

Generally, the more time you put in your presentation, the more time I'll assume you'll devote to the project. Plus, since writing is supposedly your area of expertise, I won't forgive as many errors and typos as I'd forgive to any other poster here. Several typos, misspellings and stuff like the wrong spaces after or before a comma will really make me wonder whether you can do better while narrating the story and, ultimately, lose interest in your post.

I will leave examples to more qualified people (if they want), but I'd also try to be more creative with the presentation of the story. It doesn't necessarily have to be a list of events - you can let your characters talk, you can use a tone fitting to the story you're presenting and so on.

prezzey
Regular
Projects: Emerald Spires, Amesirun (ES side story)

#6 Post by prezzey »

I think Ren already said most of what I wanted to say...
I'd also like to say the more characters an artist is willing nto draw, the better I can write the story.
Good writing does not necessarily depend on the number of characters... you might want to look into monodrama for ideas (theater by and large has many similarities to VNs anyway... at least IMO).

One character might not work for a VN - if we're counting the player's character, at least! - but two definitely can. (Last year's NaNoRenO had multiple games like that, IIRC.) Maybe even one if you're doing something experimental!
http://www.prezzey.net

"Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! Like eagles... ON POGO STICKS!" - Grim Fandango

Enigma
Veteran

#7 Post by Enigma »

I've decided to go back to the drawing board for awhile. I would like to say thank you for your various suggestions. I belive that about a month or two should be enough. I'll adimit it may seem rash to suddenly decide to start from scratch, but it's rashness and ambition that messed me up in the first place. 告別 (farewell)

Lunethex
Regular

#8 Post by Lunethex »

*grins*