[WIP] 白夢現象 Hakumu-Genshou (in progress)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
blizz
Projects: Hakumu-Genshou

[WIP] 白夢現象 Hakumu-Genshou (in progress)

#1 Post by blizz »

白夢現象 / Hakumu-Genshou (English title pending; formerly Project*Cliche)
by 「ethe・real」 (formerly RYUUSEI)
Public website: under construction

"A world envisioned on a blank, white dream."

Genre
Otome, mystery/magical realism, school life

Synopsis
Yuuko experiences eerie dreams in which she is alone, conscious, and in a completely empty white space, where she has nothing to do but think. As she meets and gets to know the three male characters, her dream world begins to have color; it changes in shape and setting in accordance with her acquaintances.

Main Characters
Yuuko Chiharu (17)
(heroine; name modifiable in-game (? If I can get this to work in Ren'Py...) )
Kazuki Kamishiro (16)
Ryou Fujiwara (17)
Akito Nagase (18)

Languages
Japanese
English
(Original script is Japanese)

Screenshots

Staff
Story: Blizz, Wistfulsoul, Lanate, C^3
Script
(JP): Blizz
(EN): Blizz, Wistfulsoul, Lanate, C^3
Artwork: Blizz

...I guess this is a pretty large-scale project. It has three routes, with "normal" and "truth" (extended) storylines for each of them. ^^; It's inching along, though!
Last edited by blizz on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 9 times in total.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [WIP] Hakumu-Genshou (English title pending; recruiting)

#2 Post by lepapillonrouge »

XD I think I've seen this poster before...I forgot where...are you or anyone working with you on deviantart?

But anyway, this is how you get to change the name if you wish.

And this

Code: Select all

$ povname = renpy.input("What is your name?") or "Yuuko"
is used in the script...it let's the user change their name, or stick with the default name.

The art is really pretty by the way...
I approve of more otome :D

Say, do you know what your title literally means in English? ^^;
My limited Japanese understanding is going to guess that Hakumu means "White Dream", and Genshou might have something to do with "fantasy"...
deviantART
---------------------

blizz

#3 Post by blizz »

Thank you for your compliments! ;; <3

xD; Yes, the image has been posted before... this is my deviantART account. The title means something like "White Dream Phenomenon," which sounds kind of cheesy in English. lol.

Thanks for the code! (By the way, is there a way that you can display the default name...? If not, it's fine. ^^; )

Lunethex
Regular

#4 Post by Lunethex »

blizz wrote:Thank you for your compliments! ;; <3

xD; Yes, the image has been posted before... this is my deviantART account. The title means something like "White Dream Phenomenon," which sounds kind of cheesy in English. lol.

Thanks for the code! (By the way, is there a way that you can display the default name...? If not, it's fine. ^^; )
White Dream Phenomenon.

Doesn't sound that bad.

English isn't your first language, either?

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#5 Post by sake-bento »

I know you! XD Welcome. I'm pretty busy, so I can't offer a huge helping hand, but if you need a proofreader, I'd be happy to help.

blizz

#6 Post by blizz »

Lunethex wrote:White Dream Phenomenon.

Doesn't sound that bad.

English isn't your first language, either?
^^; It'd be best if I could come up with something a bit more... flowy? Haha, I don't know. I need to think on it some more.

My first language is Japanese. I hope I know English well enough, though, since I learned it when I was young. xD
sake-bento wrote:I know you! XD Welcome. I'm pretty busy, so I can't offer a huge helping hand, but if you need a proofreader, I'd be happy to help.
Hello, and thank you! ;; I hope it'll be interesting enough to warrant your time~ lol

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#7 Post by CaesMRaenes »

The plot really caught my attention as well as the characters' designs. I'll definitely be watching out for this, but other than that, I'm just leaving myself out there for helping out with the story. I can't really write well as of late, being that college occupies a lot of my life; spewing ideas and piecing things together though is always a pleasure and no problem for me.
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

Strum
Veteran

#8 Post by Strum »

Nice artwork, looks professional. Could you by any chance show us the game system? By that I mean menu layouts, game's unique features. This will help people see how complex your game will be and also people can see if they have enough renpy knowledge to meet your expectations. Having said that, you got my interest. I might lend a hand as a programmer if your game isn't too complex.

Also, is this game commercial or will it be freeware? In terms of graphics it has potential.

blizz

#9 Post by blizz »

CaesMRaenes wrote:The plot really caught my attention as well as the characters' designs. I'll definitely be watching out for this, but other than that, I'm just leaving myself out there for helping out with the story. I can't really write well as of late, being that college occupies a lot of my life; spewing ideas and piecing things together though is always a pleasure and no problem for me.
Thank you! Haha, I'm a college student as well.. I'll see how it goes with what limited time I have. ^^;
Strum wrote:Nice artwork, looks professional. Could you by any chance show us the game system? By that I mean menu layouts, game's unique features. This will help people see how complex your game will be and also people can see if they have enough renpy knowledge to meet your expectations. Having said that, you got my interest. I might lend a hand as a programmer if your game isn't too complex.

Also, is this game commercial or will it be freeware? In terms of graphics it has potential.
Thanks for the compliments. ;;

The game is a pure visual novel, in that there are no mini games, no day-to-day activity selection, etc. However, I do want to add an affection meter, a kaisou-mode (uh, replaying certain scenes mode? memories mode?), and a CG mode. I recently switched from LiveMaker to Renpy because the English text wasn't flowing correctly. I'm not sure how any of this work in Renpy (hence my call for help OTL), but here's what I had for LiveMaker.

In Renpy, the title screen looks like this right now. I'll go draw a different image for it later. ^^;

Is it within range or too complex...? ^^;

Mm, I'm not too sure if it'll be commercial. ^^; Would anyone buy it? I was thinking maybe $20 if it went commercial, but... eh, I don't know. I'm a complete amateur, so... OTL

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#10 Post by azureXtwilight »

Oh, my! How beautiful!!!
I'm sorry I can't be of any help, but I'll definitely cheer on you!
Go! Go! Go!!!!

Strum
Veteran

#11 Post by Strum »

There's no need to change the title screen. I can make it look just like it did originally in LiveMaker. What you're asking for is doable even for me. How about the main game interface? Is it just a textbox you want or will you have a date and time added in the corners as well? As for will anyone buy it, that's something only the consumer can answer. Perhaps after you release the demo you can see if people are willing to pay for it. $20 is about the right price for a game that's not made by a well known brand. Personally speaking, the things I look for when I buy visual novels is the graphics, the opening movie as well as a well designed and informative website, and finally the demo.

I guess I'll help you out, once you have enough storyline and graphics ready along with menu layout designs let me know. I'll get straight to work building up the engine, once that's done you can see if it meets your expectations.

One more question, will you be drawing CG backgrounds or using photographs? You work is good but I would hate to see photographs used.

blizz

#12 Post by blizz »

azureXtwilight wrote:Oh, my! How beautiful!!!
I'm sorry I can't be of any help, but I'll definitely cheer on you!
Go! Go! Go!!!!
Thanks so much! ;;
Strum wrote:There's no need to change the title screen. I can make it look just like it did originally in LiveMaker. What you're asking for is doable even for me. How about the main game interface? Is it just a textbox you want or will you have a date and time added in the corners as well? As for will anyone buy it, that's something only the consumer can answer. Perhaps after you release the demo you can see if people are willing to pay for it. $20 is about the right price for a game that's not made by a well known brand. Personally speaking, the things I look for when I buy visual novels is the graphics, the opening movie as well as a well designed and informative website, and finally the demo.

I guess I'll help you out, once you have enough storyline and graphics ready along with menu layout designs let me know. I'll get straight to work building up the engine, once that's done you can see if it meets your expectations.
I'm glad it's doable. ^^ Haha, I'll change the title screen anyway, as it annoys me in games when the same graphics are used over and over.. But the design will probably be similar.

The main textbox thing looks like this in Livemaker. (Haha, the design here is soooo lame... I could probably redesign the menu graphics, but I'd have trouble implementing them.. ^^; )

I guess I'll just see how it goes. Thanks for offering to help! It might take a while, though, as the others and I are all busy college students.. ^^;
Also, thanks for the input. I'll recruit someone to make an opening movie when it's at that stage. ^^

As for backgrounds, I'm currently using CGed images from several free sozai (material) sites.. for now, anyway. xD; When I have the time, I want to either recruit someone to draw them out, or I'll do them myself... ^^;

Sakurazaki
Veteran
Projects: Aquae ~CCW~, Consonance

#13 Post by Sakurazaki »

Hrm, that seems pretty easy to do (the menu layout you are suggesting). The imagemap for the main menu as stated is really easy to do.

This is Rei Saku from Gaia and ReiWolf23 from DA. :p I know you Blizz! <3 Project*Cliche...

Hope for all the best for you.
ARC I - Summer Lights: Image
ARC II - Ocean Tide: Image

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#14 Post by MaiMai »

Oooh, I'm so excited for all these beautiful projects people have been producing this year. Good luck!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

ra-nyan
Regular

#15 Post by ra-nyan »

definitely looking forward to this.. More support and Good luck to you.. ^^
boredom kills....