Kasuka

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Grey
Veteran

#16 Post by Grey »

Jannis, there aren't completly fixed paths to get to any of the endings (except perhaps one :rolleyes: ), as different events, different responses etc just add or subtract points from a main score for that girl (though some pay out more than others) . Some of the endings just took 5 minutes to think of and write, so not really worth the effort to find every one, but they're there to match up a way you played the game to a suitable ending.

Hehheh, I'm glad you like that response Guest, it was one of the funniest scenes to write :twisted:

I see where you're coming from about going too far off the perving route, and I was in 2 minds about that, but in the end I decided against it. It's a fine line you're toing anyway, and the first opportunity to do it on day 3, you've hardly known her that long, even though she's easy-going. (Plus it would have added more coding to the last 2 days :rolleyes: )

That said I've got to find more to fill my spare time now I'm finished coding this :rolleyes:

Jannis

#17 Post by Jannis »

i have played for a while now, and think i have found all the endings and so. and i must say, it was a relly good game! :)

but some better pictures would have been great, in case you plan to make new games in the future. :)
Miko's just sooo cute... Image

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#18 Post by chronoluminaire »

Finally got round to playing this game tonight. And I'm impressed! Although as people have said the graphics could use some work, I just kept replaying the game and finding more variety in it. In contrast with most of the others here, I went for Seisha first... she's really sweet :oops: And when I didn't get together with her first time I tried, I was pleasantly surprised. Some challenge is good; and when I did eventually find love with Seisha, that scene was wonderful.

I like the way the available options will be different based on what you've done so far, and also the way some scenes will silently branch if you've done different things. There were several highly cute moments.

The one thing that struck me as missing were "event CGs": special graphics for an individual scene, usually a particularly romantic one. Seeing Seisha crying was effective, and it would make some scenes even more memorable with a special graphic for them. Maybe finding Reiko fallen and helping her up, or any time when you get to hug or kiss a girl.

I thought the characters were mostly well told and well fairly three-dimensional too. The only bits which seemed out of character was when Reiko comes up to you on the walk and asks if you'll be friends when you got home (maybe it just needed a bit more elaboration or explanation why she did that), and a bit of the love ending with Reiko: between school-age people who've only met each other recently, I think "I love you" only works if you can mentally translate it to Japanese "suki desu", but in English in settings like that it just sounds wrong to me. But like I say, the characters are most of the time really believable and appealing.

I also really liked the "friends with both" ending that I got. It was really cool, although when he said "if only I could decide between them" I felt like it ought to be possible to have a good friends ending where he's happy being friends with them both and not feeling like that's lacking anything.

I was really impressed by the sheer number of endings - I must have played through about eight times and only seen a duplicate ending once. Good stuff!

Blackstream
Regular

#19 Post by Blackstream »

Grey wrote:Hehheh, I'm glad you like that response Guest, it was one of the funniest scenes to write :twisted:
Guest? Whoops! I completely forgot to login when I posted that :/

I don't think I already mentioned this, but one thing I found interesting was that almost no matter what, the main character always had no regrets about what he did (i.e., if he got the friend ending he'd say they weren't that interesting, if he got the below friends ending, he'd say they kinda sucked... ect). The only time I saw the main character show regret about his actions was I think in the "They have a point.." option where he said something like, "Come to think of it, all I've done since I got here is make people feel bad"

Makes sense, I just found it interesting since that meant that you didn't force the player into a personality no matter your choices, but that your choices basically decided your personality.

Another thing I like seeing was different sides of common events (i.e., Seisha game at the first meal and Reiko game at the first meal).

Anyways, enough praising... the only thing you really should work on in that game is grammer and spelling (and artwork, but that comes with practice, so I don't count that). Although oddly it made the "They have a point..." seem more real because the weird typing actually made her seem more hysterical, which was cool.

Yes... fun game.
Woot

BlackSpider
Regular

#20 Post by BlackSpider »

First, let me congratulate you for finishing your game. It's a nice little story. I liked the complexity of the script (I mean a lot of multiple choices). I shouldn't really comment on the drawings, but if Reiko had her hands the same size she would look much better :wink: . Anyway good work.

mikey (lost his password)

#21 Post by mikey (lost his password) »

Well, I really cannot say anything bad, since you hosted Black Pencil for me, right? :wink:

Seriously, since the game's graphics are the way they are, it's good to see, that it follows the mechanics of the classic dating sim, so that all the choices and selections really bring you where you want. That's why I had a great time playing it. If you just took photographs instead of the backgrounds you had, it would, in my opinion boost the game immensely. Kind of tales of lemma. Otherwise the character is ok once you get used to it, I like the outfit changes.

I put in in my encyclopedia
http://www.manga.sk/atp/mEBGE/nonpro/kasuka/kasuka.htm

I actually played it quite a while ago, but I forgot to comment on it :oops:

Jannis

#22 Post by Jannis »

mikey (lost his password) wrote: I put in in my encyclopedia
http://www.manga.sk/atp/mEBGE/nonpro/kasuka/kasuka.htm

I actually played it quite a while ago, but I forgot to comment on it :oops:
do you know where i can get the games on this page? or at last some of them? http://www.manga.sk/atp/mEBGE/index2.htm
Miko's just sooo cute... Image

Grey
Veteran

#23 Post by Grey »

Thankyou everyone :)

Especially Chrono, I like your post a lot :) Some of the things you mentioned are the bits I'm especially proud of, and it's nice to be told I did some of it well. I thought people would be going for Seisha first.

Blackstream, yeah, I decided to do that with the players personality because its one of the things thats annoyed me in the few marketed dtaing sims I've played, that you're forced into a personality and a way of doing things, so I decided to do that in the same style as ToL1, and the perv route option.

General drawing comments, I'm trying to practice hands (and feet, which you cant see in the game, but I can't draw very well none the less)and poses and stuff when I draw, and I might be getting better.

Still I'm somewhat relieved that no-ones posted so far saying they can't stand playing the game due to the character graphics.

Mikey, I had a look around the internet for background photos, but I couldn't find any that fitted. Taking them myself wasn't an option as I couldn't think of any places I could take pictures of that would fit in the game. And thanks for adding me to the encyclopedia.

It's really suprising actually how much its been downloaded. Working on the KBs of bandwidth it makes 108 times. Wohoo!

Grey
Veteran

#24 Post by Grey »

Well after finishing this back in Febuary I havn't touched it since. However about two weeks ago I took a look at it again, and was somewhat appauled I released it with the graphics it had.

So despite the heat of the last two weeks I've been redoing them all (and adding one or two new ones)

That's not all though, I've also improved the engine quite a bit, greatly improving the save system (and also adding an alternative load screen for the few '95 users out there. I can't test this though.) and adding fullscreen support and letter-by-letter text.

Oh and I tweaked and added some dialog as well. So really the base of the game is the same, but the graphics are a lot nicer than they were. I can't help but feel though that some of the newer art doesn't convey as much emotion as the old stuff did though...

Anyway maybe give it a look for the new stuff, or you havn't played it yet (or were put off by the original art) and want a little something before ToL2 :D

If you find an error please report it. This would have been released yesterday night, but I spent two hours killing off an 'unspecified error' that only occured occasionally on my other machine while saving.

I think I managed to sort out the girls disappearing and appearing when they should, but late on I had to change the code that does that, so I havn't tested every little branch.

Also if you find any blatant spelling errors (I swear I found one on every new compilation), or cropped looking text portions with ??? or something else wrong displaying in the name box, please report that as well.

Hahaha, OK, that's all I think. For optimum prettyness please install the Tempus Sans font which comes in the zip file if you hadn't got it already. In the last release I hadn't realised that Flash didn't automatically embed it wherever it was used, as all the machines I tested it on had it installed >_<

Anyway the file, and a few more details on changes can be found on Kasukas new site

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#25 Post by mikey »

Namikawa, eh?.... Well, well... I think that Eve Burst Error can wait this evening. :D

Much improvement in character art. Also slightly in BGs :wink: Good thing you didn't forget your game, it deserves a "b-version"!

Eiji
Regular

problem running game..

#26 Post by Eiji »

I d-loaded the game but it seems I cant get it to run...

anyone seen errors trying to run the game on WinXP? :x

Grey
Veteran

#27 Post by Grey »

Thanks Mikey :) (I think you're imagining the BG changes though, as I didn't do anything to them! )

Eiji, that's odd. Windows XP is the operating system I use. What happens when you try to run it?

Have you got the Macromedia Flash Player installed? (Or possibly it's the shockwave flash player you need.)

Tom Bombadil
Regular

#28 Post by Tom Bombadil »

Hrm...I keep trying to DL it, but it keeps downloading for a minute and then acting like it's done.....I get about 50-330 KB, in the form of an empty folder or a useless file....grargh!
Meh, I don't feel like coming up with a sig right now....^_^;;

Grey
Veteran

#29 Post by Grey »

:? Oh dear. I gave it a test download and it worked with me...has anyone else had download problems?

Are you using a download manager/accelerator? If not maybe try getright or gozilla, and if so try saving it straight from your browser...

Before doing that maybe try deleting any incomplete or broken kasukab.zip files, then saving it as a different name in case its a cacheing problem.

Tom Bombadil
Regular

#30 Post by Tom Bombadil »

Allright, but I don't have any dl managers....I'm gonna try grabbing something else, and see if it's something my folks have done to the computer or something......thanks.
Meh, I don't feel like coming up with a sig right now....^_^;;