[WIP] White Lily(GXB)(in hiatus)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
HiroC
Regular
Projects: White Lily(GXB)

[WIP] White Lily(GXB)(in hiatus)

#1 Post by HiroC »

Hi! This is my first time making a VN so please be nice to me ^^

Plot:
Ren Shinomiya, an average student. Has few friends, and doesn't stand out much in their class and school.
LOTUS, a popular teen actress and model. Ever since her debut, she became really popular and known as the country's "Flower Princess"
.....But what if these two who were completely different is actually the same?

Characters:

Ren Shinomiya or LOTUS
-17 years old
-Ren is what you can call Megane-chan. She wears glasses, good at studies and athletics. She doesn't have many friends considering she was sickly(or is she really?) and she doesn't stand out too much in the public, rather, she doesn't want to.
Ren isn't really a beauty, or that's what everyone thinks. Ren is actually the very popular idol, LOTUS who is very known for her beauty and charisma. No one knows about her secret except for her manager.
-As LOTUS, she is exactly the opposite of the usual Ren. She's friendly and outgoing. Her, being an idol must stay in secret because of her father who disapproves it.
Trivia: Ren's meaning in english is lotus so that explains why her stage name is LOTUS.

Bachelors:
Yukihiko Yuuki
-20 years old
-Yukihiko is LOTUS' co-worker in a drama they're working on. He found out about her secret after meeting with "Ren" immediately recognizing her as LOTUS. As his name implies, Yukihiko is known as the "Ice Prince" of the entertainment world. He emits cold aura and never seen socializing. Even so, his fans were all over for him. He grew from an elite but loving family so no one knows why his personality is twisted....

Hikaru Atobe
-17 years old
-Ren's classmate. As usual, due to an event he would found out about Ren being LOTUS. He has a bright personality and is the captain of the baseball club. Despite having bright personality, he has an unknown health disease that figures why he is sometimes absent.

Osamu Kim
-18 years old
-Osamu is the school's half korean school president. He is intelligent and righteous. When he found out about Ren's secret of being LOTUS, he demanded Ren to quit or he will reveal it. Unlike almost all of the boys in their school...Osamu hates idols and so why he is so against to Ren. His mom used to be an actress as well that was killed by an obsessed fan so that figures why he hates them.

Ren Tendou
-16 years old
-a flirty first year. He's the only bachelor that won't be able to found out about your secret. He always says that he loves you for real but who would believe in a flirt? Though he's a shota chara, he would be the tallest character. Nothing to discuss more except that he's a flirt, maybe you can fix his personality?
Trivia: Same name with the Heroine but meaning is different. His name means "Love or Affection".

Extra Characters:

Kyoko and Kyohei Kinimoto
-17 years old
- Ren's friends. They don't know about Ren's secret but always thought they look the same. Kyohei is clearly stated to secretly admire Ren and Kyoko has affection for Hikaru(so of course, a possible love rival)

Fionna Shinomiya
-28 years old
-Fionna is Ren's manager and aunt. Wanting to help her niece's dream to come true, she helped Ren to enter the entertainment world and hide all about it on Ren's father. Fionna is a mood maker and helps Ren in anyway she can.

Frances Shinomiya
-39 years old
-Frances is Ren's father. He disapproves about Ren's dreams, being scared of Ren becoming like her mom who've been blinded by the entertainment world and leave him and Ren. Thankfully, he is currently on France because of his work.

(that's all for the characters now)

Tantan
-4 years old
-Ren's cute unknown type of pet XD

Endings:
In each endings, there are 2 types: the good and bad. Whether it's a love ending with someone, or a solo ending.

Gamestyle:
typical VN

Art:
BGs= got them from free sites.
Sprite and CGs= I have the art itself but still uncolored.

Music: from free sites

Genre:
School life, Comedy, Slice-of-life, Shoujo, Lil bit of Dark theme
Last edited by HiroC on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Projects:
::Currently in Progress::
>>>White Lily GXB
Will go hiatus because of my work. TT__TT

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: [WIP] White Lily(GXB)

#2 Post by azureXtwilight »

Wow! Another GXB game!
I will be rooting for this, let us make GXB games in english!

If you need any help, we'll be willing to give you a hand.

Lanna
Regular

#3 Post by Lanna »

Ohh nice! The plot sounds like it's gonna be tons of fun XD

Looking forward to the art!

I'm SO playing Tendou's path first. I think he's my favorite character already, lol.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#4 Post by Aleema »

Hi! This is my first time making a VN so please be nice to me ^^
NO. NEVAR. Oh, okay. Just this once.
Ren Shinomiya or LOTUS
Hannah Montana alert! xD I love that she wears glasses, as more protagonists need to be, but does she need them, are they just for a disguise?
He found out about her secret after meeting with "Ren" immediately recognizing her as LOTUS.
Thank god. The most annoying thing about Hannah Montana (I have a younger sister, shut up >_>) is that they can look directly at both girls' faces and not connect the two.
Rei and Rie
I predict a lot of typos and confusion. Let the games begin! xD Oh wait, sorry, I was supposed to be nice. ARGH. Do over!
I find that have multiple characters with the same letter(s) confuse even their own creator sometimes. Add on top of that a character named Ren, and it's mass hysteria.
Sprite and CGs= I have the art itself but still uncolored.
I like coloring if you need a colorist. :oops:

And finally:
If you ever need some help... :D

HiroC
Regular

#5 Post by HiroC »

@azurextwilight
thanks! and same here, I'm anticipating your game as well. XD

@lanna
thanks for liking the plot. and for already liking Ren Tendou.

@aleema

haha. i guess being nice isn't nice huh? okay, please pretend you didn't read the please be nice to me(criticize me all you want, so i can improve what is needed to be)XD

Nope, those glasses are for real. When she is LOTUS, she wears a different colored contact lenses(adds the disguise tooXD)

YEAH! I'm so like "Hey, are you pretending to be stupid or a real stupid?" when i saw that part in HM.

And about the names, i guess i should change them or i might really confused a lot of people(and probably include meXD)
edit: just changed it. hope no more confusions.

I'm glad someone volunteered. but when i said i have the art itself, i actually meant that i'm only done with the sketches and i still haven't done them on the tablet. there are some character sprites that i haven't done since i'm having a hard time figuring what kind of hairstyle and clothing line would i give them. i think my bad english is to be blamed. proofreader alert! lol
Projects:
>>>White Lily GXB

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#6 Post by Chansel »

This sounds great ^^
I've actually written a similar story about a year ago (but it never got finished).
So I'm really looking forward to this =D
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#7 Post by Victoria »

This sounds like fun =D
Another game I'm looking forward to ^^
So how many chaseable characters are there actually? XD
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

HiroC
Regular

#8 Post by HiroC »

@Chansel:
Thanks and i'm not surprised that you have already thought of this since this plot was originally inspired by one manga and another manhwa.

@Victoria:
Thanks(again). The chaseable guys in total were only four(see the bachelors on the first post)

Update:

Done with Ren and LOTUS' sprites(in the tablet not on sketch) will post them later. Though coloring is still far from sight.XD
Projects:
>>>White Lily GXB

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by lepapillonrouge »

ZOMG teh Rei...or is it Rie -gets shot by fanboys-

Hehehehe. Moar otome. We will take over the world >DD Just kidding.

I like this already. :)
deviantART
---------------------

aestate
Regular
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle

#10 Post by aestate »

There are a lot of GxB games in progress lately! Hehe, looking forward to this one~
The story sounds like fun...

All your characters sound so well-developed and adorable.
(And I love how you play with the stereotypes... I mean, a flirty shota! How awesome. ;D)
I can't wait for the character art. >w<
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#11 Post by playswithtribbles »

It looks like it will be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it.

Hmm I think I'll go after Yukihiko Yuuki first, he's the oldest, and has a warped personality... just the way I like em.

... Come to think of it, maybe I'm the one with the warped personality... :/
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

HiroC
Regular

#12 Post by HiroC »

Hi guys! I'm still transferring the sketches to my comp.

here is Ren and LOTUS: (no real difference except for the hair length, but if it is colored, the hair color and the eye color would be the difference) XD
Attachments
LOTUS in a swimsuit.jpg
Ren in parka.jpg
Projects:
>>>White Lily GXB

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#13 Post by azureXtwilight »

Wow, they are so different! :o

Can't wait to see the colored version!

HiroC
Regular

#14 Post by HiroC »

Hello!(again)

I tried to color Tantan but he ended up like this:
tantan.png
I need to fix him/her again T_T

That's all!

BTW, in coloring, would it be fine to have it soft colored? like this:
my first drawing and coloring on tabletXD.jpg
So far that's all i have learned in photoshop. but will practice more! so coloring, again, is still far from sight XD

and this could probably do the deal of explaining why Ren has glasses. It was during her elementary years:
her eyes were no good since then copy.jpg
her eyes can't see clearly without glasses due to a trauma it received from an accident.
Projects:
>>>White Lily GXB

afu
Regular
Completed: \(^o^)/
Tumblr: afusushi

#15 Post by afu »

Sounds interesting ^^ It always great to see more GxB games out in english~ Good luck!
(*´﹃`*) Commissions Open! Art samples: afuji.org
Looking to work on otome games~ (indie or commercial)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .