Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#76 Post by Megaman Z »

hmm... can't see the pic... lemme try something... yep, it does't show correctly on my end when called by the [Img] tag...

here's iaman's image... http://www.whahay.net/pubaccess/iamanposter.jpg
(copy and paste. you may get a nasty 403 error otherwise...)
~Kitsune Zeta

Iaman
Regular

#77 Post by Iaman »

sorry about that, it's my image host yet again, but yeah, c+c's?
I have no pants!

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#78 Post by Megaman Z »

I'm getting used to it...

anyhow, it looks good... even if half the "text" is unreadable... or maybe it's supposed to be that way...

(although the way it is, IMO, the unreadable/foreign text would probably look better grouped together with the english text immediately below. but that's just my opinion.)
~Kitsune Zeta

AmbientWarrior

#79 Post by AmbientWarrior »

Art dumping.. great... :)

Heres one of mine.

Sketch...

Digitized and colored (almost)

Dre
Regular

#80 Post by Dre »

Hey, this looks cool. Brain hurts from trying to read through it all, but here is a link to one of my latest works.

http://allugic.angeltowns.com/sugaro10.jpg

It tis my face to my avatar, I really like this one!

bookie
Veteran

#81 Post by bookie »

Dre, that's pretty good. I like the clean lines a lot, and the shirt too.

The only thing that I'd have to critique is the girl's cheek. The way the shading and lighting is going, it looks like there's a hole in it, or a really big gash. The shading would be so broad or follow the shape of a cheek that much. It would just sort of rest on the top of her cheek, if that, and since it looks like the light is directly overhead, (although the shadow on the table indicates otherwise) I'd either put highlights on both cheeks or shadow the forehead a little more.

Dre
Regular

#82 Post by Dre »

Hum....well the reason her cheek sticks out is because of the spoon. A very large spoon at that. I admit, the shading is kinda all over the place, that's because I didn't put 100% notice on that. A little more shadowing under the hair could help. Thanks for the comment! 8)

bookie
Veteran

#83 Post by bookie »

The thing with the cheek is, it doesn't look like it's sticking out, it looks like it's indented. If you the skin shade, the darker shade, and that slice of darkest shade, the darkest is making it look like there's a big seperation between the cheeck and the area right above it. If you made it so that darker shade didn't go all the way to the end of her cheek, that might help.

but of course there is a chance I have no idea what I'm talking about. :lol:

Kelari

yikes

#84 Post by Kelari »

Never had anybody critique my artwork before, though I've heard tell that I'm all right as an artist. Haven't been keeping it up lately, but this is something I drew to practise hair.

Dre: I love the artwork, but the colour for the font makes it a mite hard to read. And bookie's right about the cheek, maybe try softening the shading there.

"Life in writing - it's always loquacious."

bookie
Veteran

#85 Post by bookie »

Kelari, I really like your hair. It's all flowy and stuff, haha. And her pose too is nice in that it isn't boring or static.

If I were to critique one thing, it would be in the preportions in the girls arm/hand. If you raise your hand, you'll see your elbow sort of touches to the top of it. Actually, it goes a bit beyond. If you hypothetically raise your girl's hand up, her elbow would just make the bottom of where her ear would be. With the hand, you should almost be able to touch your chin with the base of your hand, and the hairline with the tip of the middle finger. I come just short of that when I try it on myself. The girl's hand is too small to do that.

So the body over all would benefit from being a little extended. If the arms got longer the hand would also adjust in propotion, and everything would look a lot more natural.

Kelari

#86 Post by Kelari »

Wow, thanks for the tip. I'll definitely keep that in mind ^^

I'm glad you like the hair, that was the focus of the picture, and the reason for drawing it. I've always had a little trouble doing the shading on long hair, but this picture was one of the turnabouts where I finally learned how to do it right.

And I hate doing static poses, while they are pretty they're kind of.....like kicking the dead dog, if you know what I mean. I love to be original. hehe

Thanks for the crits, bookie. ^^
"Life in writing - it's always loquacious."

bookie
Veteran

#87 Post by bookie »

I'm glad you were able to get something out of all my bad spelling, haha. I never realize I sucked so bad until I read it again later.

gdka

Character

#88 Post by gdka »

Character in a game im working on tell me what you think.

ozurr
Regular

Re: Character

#89 Post by ozurr »

gdka wrote:Character in a game im working on tell me what you think.
She looks really cute.
As far as critique if that's what your asking:
Fully opaque the hair over her right eye. (This is the only thing that bothers me)
The nose shadow looks too far to her left side as she's looking right at the viewer.
If that black mark on the lower right leg is a stocking, make the skirt longer to cover the skin above it.

Looking forward to seeing more good art like this one from you.

Joshiii-Kun!

#90 Post by Joshiii-Kun! »

Hmm, I don't have any CG's, but I've got one inkted concept drawing and one that isn't inkted.

Inkted Thingy
The thingy that wasn't inkted yet