Animes you just can't stand

For the rest of your otaku life.
Nanashiko
Regular

Re: Animes you just can't stand

#121 Post by Nanashiko »

Zero No Tsukaima I didn't care for after the first season too much. I will probably try to continue it to the end. Though again abusive tsundere don't really care for.

As for not liking long series. Well I enjoy Inuyasha it is kinda what got me hooked. Not to mention I liked the story and some of the characters others I hated. It actually had a ending. As horribly cliche as it was. I kinda been getting back into one piece too after almost hating it from the dub. Though my main problem with these kind of series is with the fact that after a while, they get so repetitive and some of the idea's feel like they were just pulled out of their asses. I am actually mainly talking about bleach. I know I am actually talking mainly about the manga right now but it will be animated at some point, lately it's just like ugh what are you doing!? This is starting to become one of my hated series.

NeumanProductions
Regular
Completed: Penpals
Projects: Raven Falls; Zero no Tsukaima: A Familiar's Dilemma (Lost in Production))
Organization: Justice Brothers

#122 Post by NeumanProductions »

Nanashiko wrote:Zero No Tsukaima I didn't care for after the first season too much. I will probably try to continue it to the end. Though again abusive tsundere don't really care for.
As for not liking long series. Well I enjoy Inuyasha it is kinda what got me hooked. Not to mention I liked the story and some of the characters others I hated. It actually had a ending. As horribly cliche as it was.
As I said I gotta defend these ones.
Zero No Tsukaima would have been a lot better if they had finished the series but i'm happy with what thy did with the story as a whole. The concept was good and the second season did make sense but the third took to much away from the main characters in the middle. The story of their love got me thinking if I would do something like that if I was in that case. Naturally I would.

Inuyasha, after so long of waiting, finally got the ending I had been yerning for. To me it was satisfying to have her go back but I hated to decision to keep them apart for a year. I did think it showed that love really can transcend time, but it is a shame to see what Inuyasha and his sword are now down to without super powerful deamons to fight. That thing really did get powered up in the end.

I really got to get myself a board for my debates. :mrgreen:
"Sometimes...when there's no one around...I only step on the darker ones..." ~Hanako (Katawa Shoujo by 4Leaf Studios)
You know, I sometimes still do that. :)
This Act 1 portion is what hooked me on VNs, so I like to promote them.
Anything I write I post here Deviant Art

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#123 Post by Fluffycrow »

Don't get me wrong; I love Inu-Yasha. The plot is interesting, the action is great fun, and there are a number of sexy demon boys, which is a plus. But it's also one of those anime/manga series where you just want the main love interest to go fall off of a cliff. Maybe it's because I see my own failings in her, but Kagome is enough to ruin the whole series for me. She's the sort of person who acts kind but, when you look deeper, is really, well... quite the awful person. Usually those sorts of two-faced characters fascinate me, but I hate how none of the other characters acknowledge Kagome's dark side. I just feel like yelling at the guy who has saved your life multiple times every time he doesn't bend to your will shouldn't be portrayed as an endearing characteristic.

Nanashiko
Regular

#124 Post by Nanashiko »

Fluffycrow wrote:Don't get me wrong; I love Inu-Yasha. The plot is interesting, the action is great fun, and there are a number of sexy demon boys, which is a plus. But it's also one of those anime/manga series where you just want the main love interest to go fall off of a cliff. Maybe it's because I see my own failings in her, but Kagome is enough to ruin the whole series for me. She's the sort of person who acts kind but, when you look deeper, is really, well... quite the awful person. Usually those sorts of two-faced characters fascinate me, but I hate how none of the other characters acknowledge Kagome's dark side. I just feel like yelling at the guy who has saved your life multiple times every time he doesn't bend to your will shouldn't be portrayed as an endearing characteristic.
THIS
You have taken the words out of my mouth. This was something about the series that drove me nuts! You are inside my brain right now. It always drove me nuts the characters thought she was like a Saint. Also, this is pretty much the same reasons why I hate over abusive Tsundere realationships.

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#125 Post by playswithtribbles »

Code Geass, season 2.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the first season. I love the mentality of Lelouch, and I was routing for him to conquer the world diabolically from the start. 'Mwa ha ha ha.'

But for some reason the second season really did not work for me at all. It was, as James Bond would say: Too much, and not enough.

I felt like Lelouch went completely out of character half-way through, and they were throwing so much pointless plot twists and turns, I felt like my head would explode from the inconsistencies. And what was up with all of the pointless new characters with there idiotic new geass's. And, and...

Argh, I don't want to talk about it anymore. ;(
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#126 Post by linkdragon0 »

What about table-kun? He's awesome. Doesn't he make a few appearances in season 2?
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#127 Post by Fluffycrow »

Nanashiko wrote:
Fluffycrow wrote:Don't get me wrong; I love Inu-Yasha. The plot is interesting, the action is great fun, and there are a number of sexy demon boys, which is a plus. But it's also one of those anime/manga series where you just want the main love interest to go fall off of a cliff. Maybe it's because I see my own failings in her, but Kagome is enough to ruin the whole series for me. She's the sort of person who acts kind but, when you look deeper, is really, well... quite the awful person. Usually those sorts of two-faced characters fascinate me, but I hate how none of the other characters acknowledge Kagome's dark side. I just feel like yelling at the guy who has saved your life multiple times every time he doesn't bend to your will shouldn't be portrayed as an endearing characteristic.
THIS
You have taken the words out of my mouth. This was something about the series that drove me nuts! You are inside my brain right now. It always drove me nuts the characters thought she was like a Saint. Also, this is pretty much the same reasons why I hate over abusive Tsundere realationships.
OH MY GOD SOMEONE AGREES. I love you right now.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#128 Post by azureXtwilight »

Will add something, pumpkin scissors... because of the ending.

kantocan1
Regular

#129 Post by kantocan1 »

Dragon Ball Z :evil:
I hated all the enormous amount of episodes (+250 wtf)! :twisted:
I didn't like the art style, or the weird events that happend in alot of episodes,
come on, in one of the episodes Goku's mom was turned into an egg and stepped on (again, WTF)!
Also, why is it no matter what happends theres always a bigger boss they had to fight?
Why was that evil guy Piccolo or whatever turned good and then sucked so badly in fights?
I love GxB/Otome games! (Same thing really).

Anyone here like Bleach?

Sheru-chan
Regular

#130 Post by Sheru-chan »

Saint Beasts
-Darn! I can't believe I would ever think badly of bishies and their voice actors in my whole life. I mean, the story is baseless and it creeped me when i found out those bishies wer actually in love with the other one!
I would have liked it more if the other one is a girlish/uke-like but hell! They both look seme-types!
School Days
-This gave me nothing but steal my innocence, and thaaa---t's all. I can't stand the fact that he "did" almost all the girls in his school... way too much for me.....

Naruto
-I love Naruto... Really. But don't get me wrong, I am already tired from this endless manga/anime! It seems so repetitive to me as the series became longer and longer....

Gravitation
-This has fooled me. I thought the MC is a girl because he wears a sailor-fuku in the cover and so I bought it... not knowing the MC is a boy who clings to a man and *mouth bubbles*

Bokura Ga Ita
-It's so boring and way too plain. The boy can't stop himself but keep on loving his long dead girlfriend and the girl just keeps on chasing him when there is another man that can make her more happier. The guy just realize later that he already got over his stupid girlfriend and then they've been apart agian cause he studied in(tokyo is it?). -The End-
What a pointless story.

Well, apparently, I respect people who have loved these anime so please take no offensive about what I said... ^^
Currently working on:
Lock On! ~Sins and Atonement~ in hiatus
GXB game.
---------------------------------------
Imouto Complex is active.

J. Datie
Veteran

#131 Post by J. Datie »

kantocan1 wrote:I hated all the enormous amount of episodes (+250 wtf)! :twisted:
Also, why is it no matter what happends theres always a bigger boss they had to fight?
To be fair, this is pretty much standard stuff for most shounen anime (i.e. Bleach, One Piece). I suppose it'd be pretty boring if the enemies got progressively weaker as the show went on.

kantocan1
Regular

#132 Post by kantocan1 »

J. Datie wrote:
kantocan1 wrote:I hated all the enormous amount of episodes (+250 wtf)! :twisted:
To be fair, this is pretty much standard stuff for most shounen anime (i.e. Bleach, One Piece). I suppose it'd be pretty boring if the enemies got progressively weaker as the show went on.
Haha i guess, though I hated how a few guys who were on the good side just got progressively weaker (i'm looking at you Piccolo)!

Anyone here like Bleach?

Sheru-chan
Regular

#133 Post by Sheru-chan »

@kantocan:
lol. I kinda agreed. but i liked the artist's art though(NOT THE DRAGONBALL'S! I like the one in the Blue Dragon)

Hey, btw, I kinda salute myself to Blue Dragon, its WAY more better than Dragonball. ^^
Currently working on:
Lock On! ~Sins and Atonement~ in hiatus
GXB game.
---------------------------------------
Imouto Complex is active.

kantocan1
Regular

#134 Post by kantocan1 »

WOOHOO, another agrees on my views!

Waaaiiiiit a minute, KINDA?

Anyone here like Bleach?

J. Datie
Veteran

#135 Post by J. Datie »

kantocan1 wrote:Haha i guess, though I hated how a few guys who were on the good side just got progressively weaker (i'm looking at you Piccolo)!
Now that is something I hated. It seemed any character I found interesting was doomed to provide sideline commentary about how the enemy is, indeed, firing their laser.