Worst or most disappointing game you ever bought

For the rest of your otaku life.
sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

Re: Worst or most disappointing game you ever bought

#91 Post by sayuri »

The forking paths, definatly. Then the button combos. I don't think I've ever played a game where I had to lose to win. Then I tried to memorize the combos and specials but I can't do fast paced strategy to save my life. The only fighter I am good at is Naruto Ninja Storm which is kiddie level :P.

Shadios
Regular
Projects: Our Hearts, Your Days

#92 Post by Shadios »

Blast Corps:

Never got past one stage...too confusing XD
Our Hearts, Your Days
A story of love, a story of acceptance and a story of rememberance like no other....
1st Demo Release Date: December 2011/Janurary 2012
Main Release Date: Late 2012

Aurelia-Aurora
Regular
Projects: Learning Japanese VN

#93 Post by Aurelia-Aurora »

Hmm... let's see... oh!

Sims 3!
I got disappointed after buying it, BUT I do still spend my spare time making random characters and houses (the customization is so much fun).
Currently Working On One (1) Game
Story: 100%
Sprites: 25%
Script: 17%
Programming: 0%
Characters: 95%
Event CGs: 0%
Backgrounds: 0%

J. Datie
Veteran

#94 Post by J. Datie »

Terrible games? Yeah, I got terrible games. I got the Gameboy Color version of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game for Christmas. They decided that doing skateboard tricks is boring, so they made it a racing game instead. All the characters are the same person with different coloured hair. Neverwinter Nights may be the worst game I've ever played. Bland graphics, confusing gameplay, a story I just couldn't bring myself to care about, and music that was... was there any music? Either way, that game had it all. All wrong. After playing that mess, I refused to touch another Western RPG until Fallout 3.

After spending 130 hours playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time I was under the assumption that tri-Ace was a good developer. So I bought an Xbox 360 to play their games. Then I played Infinite Undiscovery. Then, four days later, I sold Infinite Undiscovery. But surely Star Ocean: The Last Hope would be good, right? There's no way they'd mess up the last game in the series, right?

And then a month later I sold my Xbox. There were just too many bad memories associated with it. And a special mention goes to Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier for being the terrible game I almost bought.

yukiotome
Projects: St.Rahasya Academy's Student Council's Secret

#95 Post by yukiotome »

final fantasy xii revenant wings... i was like wtf!? with its ending and the gamestyle......
next, harukanaru toki no naka de yume no ukihashi... i was expecting like the ps2 ver. and then just an rpg(which is sooo easy) and a very very very little bit of romance(dat should have been d reason i wasted money for it)......

last, saikin koi shiteru... it was like... it made me doze off. seriously, i admit i'm picky and one of the reason i've hated it is that it has a not very nice art but still fine. but oh god,,, it is the only game that i haven't played for an all-night.
mada mada dazzo~ reborn!

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#96 Post by Showsni »

I quite liked the Another Code games, though they are a little short. They do have some of the best "thinking outside the box" puzzles, though. Well, the Wii one only really has one stellar puzzle...
PinkMagus wrote:I was really disappointed with Majora's Mask, I don't know why but the story just seems so arbitrary to me. I'm glad they fixed that mistake mostly with Twilight Princess.
Did you just mention Majora's Mask in a thread about the worst video games ever?

=Kamuro=

#97 Post by =Kamuro= »

*Sniffle* It was Spore for me... I had been following the game's development for years, and it looked so, so cool, but when it came out it was just a dumbed down, shallow version of what I expected *sigh*

iAsobu
Regular
Projects: [TBA]

#98 Post by iAsobu »

PinkMagus wrote:I was really disappointed with Majora's Mask, I don't know why but the story just seems so arbitrary to me. I'm glad they fixed that mistake mostly with Twilight Princess.
I think Majora's Mask is one of the most under-appreciated games there is.

I was disappointed with Soul Calibur IV. Lack of good story, lack of modes, then just more guest characters and perverted ecchi-like material, which is the last thing it needs.

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#99 Post by playswithtribbles »

Dawn of Mana is the most disappointing game I've ever bought. I assumed that it would be amazing, like it's predecessor. Instead I got some piece of junk title, with horrible graphics, controls, and plot.

Oh and another really bad game that I own, (yet still play) is Dragonball Budokai.

Though somehow, I actually enjoy playing it. It's like watching a B-movie. I'm playing it more for the laughing value from the horrible game-play, then from actually enjoying it.
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#100 Post by playswithtribbles »

Oh wait!!! I just remembered there is one more game that I was excited about, because it the sequel to a game I liked.

I bought it, and I played it.

I heard I spent the next three hours staring numbly at the TV screen in shock, then I apparently preceded to softly bang my head against a door in utter despair for another hour. I do not remember this, as I have repressed all memory of that night to maintain my sanity.

Though even today, I am still plagued with horrific glimpses of that night in my deepest, darkest nightmares.

The name of the game I bought that day was:
Highlight if you dare:
Final Fantasy 10-2
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#101 Post by linkdragon0 »

NOOOOO!!!

I looked and it brought back the memories of girls doing a male heroes job!! (sexist joke)
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#102 Post by blankd »

@FFX-2

TOTALLY SPIES, THE GAME. afsfsdfasdf

HiroC
Regular
Projects: White Lily(GXB)

#103 Post by HiroC »

Naruto Games....

I'm sorry, I'm also a Naruto fan but the games(especially the gba ones) are sooo boring. I liked the shippuden one on DS though, but still, a game i wouldn't like to play again.
Projects:
::Currently in Progress::
>>>White Lily GXB
Will go hiatus because of my work. TT__TT

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#104 Post by azureXtwilight »

playswithtribbles wrote:Oh wait!!! I just remembered there is one more game that I was excited about, because it the sequel to a game I liked.

I bought it, and I played it.

I heard I spent the next three hours staring numbly at the TV screen in shock, then I apparently preceded to softly bang my head against a door in utter despair for another hour. I do not remember this, as I have repressed all memory of that night to maintain my sanity.

Though even today, I am still plagued with horrific glimpses of that night in my deepest, darkest nightmares.

The name of the game I bought that day was:
Highlight if you dare:
Final Fantasy 10-2
But WHY? O.o

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#105 Post by LVUER »

I don't really like FFX-2 but it's not I'm totally hate it too. Indeed it is very hard (and fast-paced too), but it's still a good RPG with a good graphics (no comment on the story, it's like a gaiden, side-story, or a prologue of FF-X, why don't they just include it in FFX International or something?)

And the most important thing is that they have babes in it, sexy and expose lots of skin, and there are 3 of them >_< Too bad Square ONLY relies on the babes. They think it (the babes) could sells.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW