RE: Alistair++

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: RE: Alistair++ - New and extended!

#136 Post by Cain0425 »

here some art work i did
Attachments
he my fav
he my fav

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#137 Post by Cain0425 »

well i have one more to go
Attachments
100_0173.JPG
100_0174.JPG

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#138 Post by sake-bento »

Nice! Thank you so much. ^o^

Alphonse
Regular

#139 Post by Alphonse »

Okay, so I played this game maybe like a month ago and thought "I loved this game but have nothing new to say so why bother?" But I kinda have something new to say, sorta. And each person counts, maybe? Anyways, I thought this game was really really really awesome and funny and the art was great and the writing was great and everything was great! Also, + 20 points for the names of all the stores at the mall. I saw GameGo in a parody Christmas video on IGN, by the way. I was shocked to learn that there are more Shiro fans than Travis fans (Travis is like the definition of awesome. If you search "awesome" into Google Images, you'll see a picture of that weird LOLZ smiley. And then you'll see a picture of Spock. But after that, you'll see Travis's face). At first, Shiro felt super average. I mean, you don't go anywhere or do anything special to hang out with him. But after I played his route, I liked him more. He's...a boy next door? That's probably not the phrase. Oh, whatever.
But I couldn't like Derek, even after playing his route. He certainly is a jerk. Showing courtesy on the internet is serious business!

On another note, like I said, the art was great. But when playing RE: Alistair, I couldn't help but stare at the backgrounds. "That has to be the most delicious artwork I've ever seen ever. It's so nice and warm and handdrawn...is that a filter? No, of course not, silly! There's no such thing as such a miraculous filter. The backgrounds and the sprites go too well together." The backgrounds in RE: Alistair++ are also very good, but I missed the old backgrounds. The new ones didn't seem to match the sprites as well in the whole "hand-drawn" factor. (Sorry...) Ironically (I'm positive I used that word right), because the originals were just photos with filters. Which raises the questions, what filter did you use, what program, and just where did you get those photos, anyway?

And last question. How do you pronounce the title. I've been saying "ree Alice-tear double-plus" (poor Alice). Writing things phonetically is a lot of fun!

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#140 Post by Cain0425 »

your welcome sake-bento

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#141 Post by sake-bento »

Alphonse wrote:Which raises the questions, what filter did you use, what program, and just where did you get those photos, anyway?
The photos either came from Creative Commons sites like WikiMedia, or I just went out and took the pictures myself. As for the filter, it's actually not a straight filter. I used a mix of color adjustment (Color Efex Pro Photoshop plugin), vectoring (using VectorMagic) and smart blur (Photoshop Elements), then went over each image myself and digitally painted in details, straightened out corners, etc. I think the results were passable, but they would have been much nicer given more time. Although I actually found a really nice way to filter photos that I'm considering using for my next project. It still needs work, but I attached a sample anyway. XD
Alphonse wrote: And last question. How do you pronounce the title. I've been saying "ree Alice-tear double-plus" (poor Alice). Writing things phonetically is a lot of fun!
You got Alistair right (if I am to assume the "tear" you mean is the tear something up, and not a tear as in crying), and it should be "plus plus." I don't think it matters TOO much, but that's how I say it. I actually don't know if the other devs say it that way at all. XD
Attachments
Test photo filter. Photo by Samu-kun.
Test photo filter. Photo by Samu-kun.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#142 Post by azureXtwilight »

I think you should make another game based on rivenwell online :D

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#143 Post by dizzcity »

Oh, nearly forgot to tell you: I submitted your game for review on the Indie Games Review website. Here's their review: http://indiereview.tk/index.cgi/reviews ... eview.html

Cheers,
-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#144 Post by Cain0425 »

i to think you should make another game based on rivenwell online

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#145 Post by sake-bento »

dizzcity wrote:Oh, nearly forgot to tell you: I submitted your game for review on the Indie Games Review website. Here's their review: http://indiereview.tk/index.cgi/reviews ... eview.html

Cheers,
-Dizzy-
Sweet! Thank you so much. ^o^

As for Rivenwell Online, there are no plans to turn that into any "real" game at this point in time, but I definitely do have plans for it in the future. >.>

kantocan1
Regular

#146 Post by kantocan1 »

Great game, i'm agreeing with all those other people who want games with rivenwell online in it (is that how you say it)? Interesting definitely and i'm not surprised Shiro was the most popular. I suppose you won't do another one since your working on that new project (sorry forgot it's name).

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#147 Post by Cain0425 »

Shiro my be populer but i still love Alistair the best i love bad boys all the way i sorry i not big fun of nice guys or smart guys i love bad guys with little funny in them lol

tooaya
Regular

#148 Post by tooaya »

Travis is like the definition of awesome. If you search "awesome" into Google Images, you'll see a picture of that weird LOLZ smiley. And then you'll see a picture of Spock. But after that, you'll see Travis's face
LOL seriously??? *goes to search*

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#149 Post by jack_norton »

heh that depends on the title/alt tag/filename of the image in the HTML page :) Cool though!
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Alphonse
Regular

#150 Post by Alphonse »

tooaya wrote:
Travis is like the definition of awesome. If you search "awesome" into Google Images, you'll see a picture of that weird LOLZ smiley. And then you'll see a picture of Spock. But after that, you'll see Travis's face
LOL seriously??? *goes to search*

No, I was just kidding. o_o; As awesome as Travis is, I doubt he'd be just /that/ recognized so quickly.

Actually, like the others have said, another game that features Rivenwell Online would be fun.