Can i play audio at specfied position?

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
Vendor_Honyaku
Regular
Projects: Honyaku-Subs translations

#1 Post by Vendor_Honyaku »

I have BGM music with non-standard loop: it must play form beginning to end and then looped at specified position to end.
Yes, i can split audio file to "opening" and "loop part", play 1st part and queue looped play of 2nd part.
But it's very undesirable because completed project must be distributed as patch, without that file.
The bear looked on the car, and there was a wild gleam in his eyes. He knew what to do.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Can i play audio at specfied position?

#2 Post by PyTom »

Unfortunately, this isn't supported. You have to split up the file somehow if you want to do this.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"
Projects: Nameless 2D Fighting Game

Re: Can i play audio at specfied position?

#3 Post by vaanknight »

Actually I was wondering the same thing, yet I didn't think of the splitting files option... so for me the issue has been solved.